Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:30

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Kristy,

Well despite my boredom with the foods, I had a whoosh this weekend. Dropped 2 pounds overnight, and I've been steadily (slowly) dropping.

I'm at 234. That's 12 pounds since starting Atkins and another 4 just prior to my start. I'm excited to be approaching my first 20 pound mark!!

I am trying to eat less sweets. I think that helps all around. I read some posts over the weekend and one young girl said she cut out all sweets, even having her one can of diet sode per day. This accelerated her weight loss significantly.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/198/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by randisue
What city are you from?

I live in Apex now which is just outside of Raleigh. I'm formerly from Murphy and went to school in Winston-Salem.

Sam
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 10:31
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Hi Sam! Welcome! Both Randi and I live in the Hickory, NC area. Feel free to join in!

Randi,

Congrats on your "whoosh". I'm still waiting on one! I have to have my one Diet Rite per day or I will DIE LOL, but I might try to cut that out. I have not eaten any bars this weekend and lost back a pound I had gained. I am not eating any bars today, either, so I am hoping to drop a pound for tomorrow for my "official" weigh-in. My weight loss has slowed this week for some reason, but I think that is normal at this stage (I'm in my 5th week of Atkins).
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 11:20

BF:

HI Sam,

Kristy and I are from the Hickory area. I'm actually happily living on 4.5 acres in the country outside of Taylorsville (N of Stateville and Hickory). DH and I transplanted here last August. Spent 8-9 months renting on Lookout Lake, then bought our home in May.

We really like NC. In fact today I was outside starting a compost pile (new for me). I was on the acreage behind the house. Found beautiful wild flowers that look like they should be moved and growing on a trellis. And on the garage I saw one of the largest winged bugs I've ever seen. So I had to run inside and get the digital camera. Anyway.... NC has so much beauty. In the midwest trees and shrubs don't bloom all summer - just in the Spring. Every time I turn around something new if blooming, it's so wonderful to watch.

I see you have a little one - your first??? Boy or girl? The pic is really cute. I hope your a good dad!!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 11:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by randisue
I see you have a little one - your first??? Boy or girl? The pic is really cute. I hope your a good dad!!

The picture is a bit dated, but that's my first son. His name is Noah, and that's from his first trip to Disney World when he was 5 months old. (Not that he's spoiled or anything.)

Sam
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 07:31

Stats: 126/117/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:22%
Progress:

The "beach" you are talking about is THE SOUTH BEACH DIET. It is similar to Atkins for the first two weeks, and then it becomes more liberal allowing more fruit and some whole grains.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 08:53

BF:

Hi Dblair:

I see that you are near the Charlotte area. You guys have really been getting hit with the storms. Watching the news has really been interesting these days. How have you fared??

How long have you been "beaching"? Have you ever done Atkins?
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:10
Fit and Happy

How's it going, Randi? Let me know. Doing fine here. I've been enjoying the weather here!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:44

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi Everyone!

I have been "gone" a while...I have been a bad bad girl! (And the scales show it too!)

I am going to the grocery store today to get all my "goodies". It is TOTALLY amazing what a difference carbs do to your body! My skin looks older, my hair seems drier, I get tired more easily...the whole 9 yards. (Although!! I was out yesterday with my 12 year old daughter and a lady asked if she was my daughter, I said yes (thought it was odd though)...THEN she said, you look just alike...you could pass for sisters!)

(Hey! Compliments like that are rare (for me at least)...so I had to share it with...EVERYBODY!!) (OK OK...my daughter didn't like it too well)

Sam, where did you go to high school at in Winston-Salem? I have lived in and around Winston all of my life and I went to North Forsyth, class of (gulp) 1985.

Take care!!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 10:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachdream

Sam, where did you go to high school at in Winston-Salem? I have lived in and around Winston all of my life and I went to North Forsyth, class of (gulp) 1985.

I went to college in Winston; not high school. Sorry the confusion. I was at Wake Forest from 1985 until 1989. I also graduated from high school in '85, so I reckon we're probably the same age.

Sam
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:35

Hi Sam...

So you were one of those Demon Deacons that me and my girlfriends use to "case" the campus to meet?? (LOL) Of course by the time you got to Winston, I was much more mature and didn't do such foolish things.

Well, maybe not as often..lol.

I just got back from the grocery store and I have all of my goodies. (Crab Legs anyone???) I know I am going to have a headache tomorrow since I have practically lived on carbs for about 2 weeks now...so I have my Motrin ready.

Take care and good luck everyone.
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachdream
Hi Sam...

So you were one of those Demon Deacons that me and my girlfriends use to "case" the campus to meet?? (LOL) Of course by the time you got to Winston, I was much more mature and didn't do such foolish things.

LOL! Though I doubt I was a target of your affections, they certainly would've been welcomed.

I do recall taking one young lady, a local high school student in Winston, to ACC basketball games when I was a freshman. Can't even remember her name now, but I know she lived just off the old I-40 on the way to Kernersville.

I also found myself hanging around Salem a fair bit as well.

Sam

Last edited by smchan : Sun, Aug-10-03 at 11:46.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:54

Hi Sam...

You are too funny. I have added my picture (I am the one on the right) (duh??) (ok, the lady's comment yesterday has really went to my head) (lol) (Randi, you need to add yours too)

Have you been by the campus recently? It has really changed. I use to use it as a "cut through", but when they extended Silas Creek, I stopped going thru there.

My daughter went to basketball camp there a couple of years ago...and gosh did I feel old. I was showing her around the campus...and she asked how I knew so much about it. I said, er, libraries dear...the libraries...yeah, that's it. (Thinking to myself....and here are where the football players' dorms are) (tee hee)

Take care!
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:12
Fit and Happy

My sister went to Duke, but I like the Deacons, too.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:38

Hi Kristy...

(I won't tell Sam that I bleed Carolina Blue), but I like Duke too. (I have to pull for SOMEONE'S basketball team...since Carolina is doing so awful) But heck...I like everybody...pretty much.

Kristy, I am really proud of you for not cheating on your diet...I only hope I can stick to it as good as you have. Are you exercising any? I am walking 2 miles a day (Lord knows how much I would have gained if I hadn't!!), but I haven't been doing any weights or any other type of cardio's. Is your hubby on it too? Sam is your wife? I was "cursed" with a hubby who has never had a weight problem...he is still the same size as he was right after high school..grrrrrrr. He says I look the same too....(hum...I was 145 lbs, size 8, drove a little red sports car.....now I am...well...) (we'll let him keep those rose colored glasses on for a little while longer) (tee hee)

Take care....

(some reason I want crab legs and butter....Wait! is that legal???) (oh ya!!)