Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-14, 16:27
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Well I cheated when I was in VA

funny as I think about me cheating as I write this... Most people might think uh oh cake, bread, candy, muffins, ice cream, pie, fries, mashed potatoes what?

Just to see what my splurging did I weighed myself, I gained 1.5 pounds in 4 days... Aside from overeating a on calories and protein... You ready for what i cheated on?

Nuts... LOL... Regular Peanuts and Honey roasted peanuts while I was driving... just 4 of those small hand holding bags that have 1 serving each in them..

Then I over ate and had low salt honey boars head ham with provolone cheese. .5 pound of the meat with a cheese slice inbetween rolled up

Then I had one serving of this beef dish at a korean restaraunt and realized the beef was marinated in something sugary... Even though a guy I met there in my group swore korean food didn't have that much sugar in it.

And that was enough to have me gain 1.5 pounds in 4 days.

Funny thing is as I told my hubby, I am not upset at gaining weight because of that. Because I knew if I ate it, that it could happen. I knew it would be my own fault and I knew exactly the cause of it.

And more importantly I knew the hunger cycle it would set up. So I was prepared for the exploding hunger last night and this morning/afternoon.

O-well it will come off again. Hunger is starting to come back under control... All that excess insulin floating in my body is disappating...

Although I have chewed about 1.5 packs of gum to keep from eating.

Thing is I get pissed when I gain weight and I have cut calories and maintained proper carb ratio. However, when I choose to do stray consciously not so much anger.

Just thought i share
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-14, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

pretty good "cheats" over all! And since you've been so consistent for so long, I think you'll find it's relatively easy to get back on track again - it's like the ketosis seems to kick in faster. By the way, how has your hunger (before the splurge) been? I'm wondering if that ever resolved itself, or if you are still feeling hungry all the time.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-14, 15:59
Triple digit loss

BF:

No, I am still hungry all the time... For about 1 year now...

I have low grade hunger which is fine.. But out of 23 days of the period cycle. I have the ravenous hunger for about 10-14 days now. That has been going on for several months now.

Which I feel is why I wounde up "cheating" this time while away. It gave me the opportunity. And honestly, I am getting really tired of fighting off the ravenous hunger.

I keep waiting to goto the Dr., because the Dr.s I run into usually suck, so bee trying things on my own.

But I think I might have to bite the bullet soon and go to the dr. soon for a couple of different health problems that are getting worse. And this TOM ravenous hunger is not resolving itself.

I too was happy with my cheats that I did not "over" due the carbs.. I think at most I might have had maybe 60-90 carbs in one day.

Calories was more like 2000-2500 instead of my typical 1000-1500.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-14, 12:19
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

If I ever cheat again, I hope it will be more in line with your story -- ending with a focused and successful effort to get back on the LC program.

On failed diets from years gone by, cheating was buying a dozen Dunkin Doughnuts and some ice cream - and stopping by Burger King on the way. I would limit myself to just one doughnut and a dish of ice cream. But then the other doughnuts would start calling out for me. Every last one of them was just crying out to be eaten before they got stale - and who was I to deny them. Then the sugar rush - the guilt -- an the out-of-control hunger kicks in and getting back on the plan becomes next to impossible. I think I'll skip this kind of cheating in the future.

On this low carb lifestyle that I've adopted, I still have hunger, too. But it is mostly "normal" hunger... a pang in my stomach -- a little light headed, etc. I pretty much need to eat something every 5 or 6 hours. But a little LC food and the "normal" hunger goes away. The abnormal "cravings" still come from time to time. I don't know if it is habit or a physical condition. But so far, this time around, I've managed to get through them by eating a few extra snacks off of my low-carb menu. But it would be nicer not to have them at all.

Last edited by khrussva : Tue, Apr-22-14 at 12:54.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-14, 12:34

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

My thoughts exactly. That was a well controllled binge!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-14, 17:08
Triple digit loss

BF:

Hey Khrussva and mama,

thanks You know the last decade of dieting and before low carb I had my binges like you guys. But I realized something and I had to confess to hubby. I can't have that in the house, I know I will eat it. Or if you want it for yourself, hide it somewhere, that I won't know about it.

That was my initial control attempt at successful control, and still is this way to a degree, is to control my environment. If it is not there I won't eat it. Like Nuts I will tell, sometimes I do crave salt. So hubby has peanuts just down stairs.

By controlling my environment. That allowed me to get some of the stuff out of my system and dwindle down on the toxic type cravings.

My Period is getting ready to start and that ravenous hunger is there. And I binged this weekend. On ham and cream cheese. God do I love that combination...

Didn't gain weight though, cause I was controlling my portion sizes for meals with greater ability to ensure I wouldn't gain. Cause I know I was binging. Added about 400-500 calories each day for 2 days.

Now the stuff is gone and no longer in the house and the hunger is disappating as the time draws near.

I will say that ravenous hunger this TOM cycle was about 7 days. I hope that means my hormones are starting to get better balanced and that trend keeps going.

Cause I would love to start loosing weight again, and the only way that is going to happen is if I can not have this hunger so I don't eat inbetween meals those extra calories.

I am ready to be 175!!!!!!