Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 09:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
It is possible, but not necessary. We currently display a "quick glance" of member stats and what plan is being followed. There's additional information that can be found by visiting the member's profile. This helps reduce the clutter of too much info on every post.

Wa'il

Well, I for one would rather know height than body fat! It makes a big difference if someone s 5'2" or 5"10" when you trying to get a feel for where they are in the weight loss journey.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 00:28

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
We've installed a few fixes from vBulletin for some IE problems, especially those javascript errors that some keep getting.

If you still get them, please log out, clear your browser cookies, and then log back in.

If you still get those problems, please let me know

Wa'il

it is still not working on my computer at work. but at home it is fine. i can live with that..... should't be spending too much time on here from work anyway....

thank you sooo much for all your hard work!!
  #168   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 00:34
Midas in reverse

Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

Not meaning to gang up on you Wa'il, but I tend to agree with Quest. All other things being equal, a girl of 100 lbs at 5'9" would look anorexically thin, whereas a girl at 5'3" probably would not--and they both could conceivably have the same body fat percentage.
  #169   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 06:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraelle
Not meaning to gang up on you Wa'il, but I tend to agree with Quest. All other things being equal, a girl of 100 lbs at 5'9" would look anorexically thin, whereas a girl at 5'3" probably would not--and they both could conceivably have the same body fat percentage.

No problem, I'm a big boy

The thing is, I'm not saying height is not important, it is. That's why I've added it to the profile page in the first place.

Another important field is gender too. So these fields are avaialble all the time in the profile page.

The only problem is available space on the page, do we need to add two extra lines to every single post, or is it sufficient to have them available on the profile page. And if we do list them on every post, which fields should go back to the profile page only? My guess is that some members will object either way.

Wa'il
  #170   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 10:07

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hi there,

just letting you know my problem is fixed:
Quote:
when i click on the posters user name i go directly to the profile page. i see that you can gat at it from there. but why am i not getting the pop up menu?? ( don't have a pop-up-killer)

it works on both my computers now.
thank you for all your help!!!

michele
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 15:00

Plan: Atkins / Isagenix/ IF
Stats: 282.5/210/160 Female 5'7
BF:71%/31.66%/20%
Progress: 59%

I am going to cross post this here just in case but I started a new thread as well. I see from the dates that a lot of stuff was fixed April 16th. This is when my friend Byrdie16 stopped being able to login to the site. Her husband thinks it's a firewall issue, but that seems silly since I have a firewall and have no trouble. I am getting more info from her, but I just wanted to see if you had heard about anyone else having this issue.

Cybil
  #172   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 15:09
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by csolyn
I am going to cross post this here just in case but I started a new thread as well. I see from the dates that a lot of stuff was fixed April 16th. This is when my friend Byrdie16 stopped being able to login to the site. Her husband thinks it's a firewall issue, but that seems silly since I have a firewall and have no trouble. I am getting more info from her, but I just wanted to see if you had heard about anyone else having this issue.

Cybil

The upgrade was done on April 10th, not the 16th. On the 17th, we added a fix for some Javascript errors on Internet Explorer. So none of this relates to firewalls.

In the meantime, tell her to log out, clean her browser cookies, and then login. If that doesn't work, we need all the details we can get, such as what errors is she getting, what browser is she using. Also, they might want to disable any firewalls temporarily, just to make sure it's not causing the problem.

Wa'il
  #173   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 16:56
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

Just to say that #although there is some weirdness still floating around (takes forever for quick reply to appear, smilies are drag'n'drop not click on), I'm enjoying the upgrade - and exploring the weird bits. Thanks for all the hard work.
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 12:28
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I want to second the other posts about preferring to see height displayed with posts, rather than percentage of body fat. I'm always clicking back to people's profiles to see their height, because it makes a tremendous difference with regard to how to interpret their relative weight. Most of us have no idea what our percentage of body fat is anyway. I put my BMI in that field because it gives people an idea of my height, but we all know that BMI is very different from percentage of body fat.

It's usually possible to figure out people's gender from the forum name they choose and the content of their post. I very seldom have to click back to a profile to find out what gender someone is.