Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 00:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

I think I can agree with almost every one of these posts. I have been fat all my life except for short periods when I have extreme dieted, like 700 calories of no fat diet a day.

I hate being fat because:

I feel ugly.
I want to wear pretty clothes, even though I am a grandma. My husband is still young and deserves a pretty wife.
I want to play with my grandkids without getting tired.
I hate feeling self consious during intimate times.
I hate for my husband to touch my stomach, I get embarrassed.
I hate snoring.
I want to wear high heels without feeling like a pig on stilts.
Im tired of looking like Aunt Bea!
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 05:00

Plan: extreme exercise * lowcal
Stats: 450/345?/270 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress:

I gotta question and everyone PLEASE LISTEN!!!! Are all of you in here married or formerly? No one wants to answer that. Anyway, my weight has really killed my strength, im fallin into really deep depression, almost to the suicidal stuff, and i dont want that. Can anybody help me, i feel like im dying.
  #303   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 05:20

Plan: Atkins & Weight Watchers
Stats: 321/226/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Monstarr,
I am married, newleywed since December 21st, 2003. My husband is about what your starting weight was, we are doing this diet together. Having a support team, someone to talk to is soo important...everyone here on this forum is here to support you, including me. I come to this forum all the time to keep my motivation up..the people are wonderful. If you want to talk to me privately I am more than willing..my email address is Getnailed04~yahoo.com...email me any time..I know what it's like to feel suicidal....you need to talk this out. Email me. ANYTIME!!
  #304   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 09:17
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

Monstarr-

I am married now (2nd marriage for both of us). My former husband didn't believe in low carb and wasn't really supportive of ANYTHING I did (unless he could see a direct benefit to him). I was severely depressed for most of the marriage (for many many reasons) and eventually got out.

My current husband is wonderful. He's not overweight (could maybe lose 5-10lbs but is in good shape), but is very supportive of my being on LC. He wants us to be active together - (we met in a fencing class) and is very encouraging.

Hang in there. You will find that people here are supportive and knowlegeable. There are many people here whose families may not support their WOE, but they are able to get the support here on the forums.
  #305   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 16:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hey Monstarr!
I'm married too. in July 2004. He's not heavy, though now he complains he's put on a little tummy. And then whines when I say cut out the coke and the sugar. sigh!
We dated for four years before we married and he probably saw me gain and lose several hundred lbs. An absolute sweetheart, he loves me dearly and supports me.

Back to the reasons why I hate fat.
1. Rollercoasters--- I want to ride them but they won't let me!
2. Sky diving--- wanted to go with a group of friend but I don't fit under the weight restriction.
3. The pain--- going to sleep sore because I work on my feet all day and waking up sore because of the weight.
4. Sex --- you ladies know its better when we're lighter
5. *Babies* --- due to problems it won't be safe for me to conceive till I lose a fair bit of weight.
I have to admit though I don't mind shopping in plus stores, I remember when there were almost NO choices at all. This area has made tremendous strides. I do wish the prices weren't so high. Who knew that little bit of extra fabric would cost so much more? (lol)
When getting on the WOL alot of grabbed at the chance to steal your lives back. Why aren't you wearing bathingsuits and going swimming . Wearing shorts and clothes that make you feel sexy. You will still be you with insecurities when you lose weight. Only the ouside world's reflection of you will change. Why wait to do the things you love?
Sorry this may have been playing on my mind for awhile.
####1 Reason I hate being fat.
It makes us doubt who we really are.