Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Anyone doing a ckd?

I used to do a regular ketogenic diet. I lost about 40lbs. that way, but I lost tons of muscle and strength as well. Im doing a CKD right now, losing about 2lbs. per week. My workouts are better. I only do a carb up from friday night, until saturday night, instead of the full 48 hrs. that are reccomended. In that time though you are supposed to to eat like 100g of fat and around 1000g of carbs, or sumthin like that. but its for maximum muscle recovery, growth, and glycogen refill. As long as you get the Healthy Choice stuff, you can eat twinkies, icecream, pizza, anything pretty low in fat. I however do not always follow hose guidelines and have still lost fat. Anyway, just wondering if anyone is/has/or is thinking about doing a CKD.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 21:39
Registered Member

Stats: 235/212/200 Male 73 in
BF:estimated 18%
Progress: 66%

I'm doing one ATM, gonna continue into college. Try to go to your schools website and find a nutritional guide to the food there. I found one for my school so I can plan things out better. Can't wait for my first dorm-food carb up... pancakes, angel-food cake, here I come
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 16:31

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 340/324/165 Male 5 feet 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

what is a CKD?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 09:20
Registered Member

Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

A CKD is a form of a low carb diet that was devised to build muscle and lose fat at r rapid pace. Most other plans you will lose fat, but also you will not build muscle, you may even lose it. It has to be followed strictly. The reasons for this is that it manipulates certain hormones in your body for maximum results. You eat about 9-12X your bodyweight in calories.

The diet: Sunday- 90% fat/10%protein. Monday-Friday evening-60%fat/35%protein/less than 5% carbs. Friday evening through first half of Saturday-eat about 4g of carbs (high glycemic) for every pound of bodyweight, 1g of protein, .25g of fat, all per pound of body weight. You can lower the carbs to adjust to your needs, for example, more fatloss: less carbs, muscle gain: more carbs.

Workout: Sunday-45min of low intensity cardio on an empty stomach. Later in the day lift a major bodypart (legs, Chest&back, shoulder&arms, or whatever your 3-day splits are.) . Monday, same as sunday. Tuesday, lift all the parts that you havent lifted yet. Wednesday, 40 min. of moderate intensity cardio. Friday, 45min. of low intensity cardio on an empty stomach. Friday evening, lift every body part, rest only about 60 seconds between sets, lift 3 sets, 2 exercises per bodypart. After your friday evening workout, start your carbup!

hope this helps!

BP85
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 09:32

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

There's a whole forum for CKD here. It's under the Exercise heading, and it includes calculators (in the stickies) to help you figure out how many grams of fat/protein/carbs to eat both during the keto phase and the carb-up phase.

Cheers,

Friday