Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 13:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

Christmas has caught up with me. Caught the flu this week and got back on the scales this week too. Bummer. missed working out the past few days, but I think I am finally over this flu. Now if my kids will quit getting me sick!! Anyway, I am back on induction tomorrow, and it should go alot better the second time around, because this time I am back on the workout bandwagon. Here's hopin'
Tama
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 18:00

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Tama-
Glad you're getting rid of the flu. I had a nasty bug that lasted about a week too! Just wanted to say that I am glad you are so happy with your tae-bo. Exercising should be fun and I am glad you seem to have so much fun with it!!!!! It's a lot easier when you like what you're doing, isn't it?

Keep up the good work!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:55

BF:

Amen, Fern! I totally agree with you! I hated all forms of exercise - aerobics, walking, running, bicycling, you name it. But when I started tae-bo, I just loved it from the first day and I haven't ever gotten bored of it! I guess that is the trick to exercise, finding something that you actually enjoy. I never thought I would, I tried everything! Thank goodness I did!
Billy B. and I have a date tonight, finally feeling 100 percent again. Back on induction today, Head hurts, but the guilt is gone. Anyway, hang in there, everybody!
Hugs, tama
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:06
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Hey Tama, glad to hear you are feeling better. That flu can sure get you down.

I've been "trying" to do the tae-bo, the tapes that I have (I have two) one is called Instructional and the other is called Basic. Is there another tape I should be doing. The Instructional just explains the exercises and goes very slow and the basic, well it kicks my butt. These tapes were given to me, I was wondering if there is another tape that I should be doing, being a beginner and all.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 14:26

BF:

Hey, Sunshine! Good to hear from you.
I am no expert or anything, but I can tell you my own personal experience with the tapes. When I started the beginner tape, it totally wiped me out too, but I just kept trying. Took me six weeks of steadily working out with that 30 min. tape before I would even consider looking at the advanced tape. When I finally did the advanced one, I was amazed at how much I could do! I couldn't do it all, at first, but I did a lot better than I expected. The beginner tape is a workout, but I think it also does a really good job of "prepping" your body to take that next step. At least it did with me. Don't feel bad if you have a hard time with the beginner tape, it killed me at first, just be patient with yourself and you will be amazed - I promise! I know I was.

As for me, Billy and I have another date tonight. I am in my second day of induction. Last night I got kind of dizzy towards the end of the workout, but I know it's just me adjusting. I am keeping the water way up.
Hang in there, everybody! Tama
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 19:36

BF:

I am still here, guys. Just decided I was posting too often here. Felt like broken record posting daily. I have decided to post weekly in my gym log, and post daily in my journal.

This last week was not good for the Tae-bo. House guests. I enjoyed it, but didn't feel right about subjecting them to a nightly show of me in my sports bra at the foot of their hide-a-bed. Yikes! Billy and I have a date tonight. Don't usually like to work out on Sunday, but I really need to get back on track.

I am still on induction, feeling good. The water intake is way, way up!! We are good to go here!
Hugs, Tama
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 15:13

Stats: 183/180/135
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Yoga tapes

Hey there,

Way to go to anyone who is faithful to exercise of any form. I used to exercise EVERY night until I broke my ankle...THAT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO!!!! I too enjoy Tae Bo.

I tried to send a message to grrlpwr about what yoga tapes she likes and it would not let me. Why is that?

Hey, grrlpwr, if you see this...can you post which yoga tapes you like. I tried this once but the tape was so hard to follow.

Thanks to all.

Happy, healthy living

Serenity33
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:42

BF:

Good week....

I worked out more than usual last week. Feeling really good. Still have my moments where I have to just walk in place, while Billy is pushing me to "keep going! one more time! Come on!"
But, after I catch my breath, I get back on it. But I am doing better each time. the kicks are higher, more controlled. I am beginning to feel my muscles again. Where have they been all my life?

Anyway. I am not super sore after working out anymore. I can still feel it, but it doesn't hurt like it used too. And the water is way up, so that is a plus.

I don't know if I have lost pounds, (I threw my scales away) but I know I have lost some inches - the clothes are fitting differently.

Keep it up everybody.
Tama
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:15

BF:

The workout suffered badly last week. The entire family took turns with the stomach flu. No good very bad. So, whenever I had a spare moment last week, when no one was crying or needing anything, I slept! Working out was put on the back burner.....way back.

So, this week we begin again!

Hugs all, Tama
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 14:39

BF:

Much better week! We are back on track. The weight is going down again, which is a great motivator to keep it up with the workout! I am starting to see some definition in my ab muscles, which is really fun. But the lower body is being much more stubborn. I like the tae-bo workout, because it involves the whole body. And I make a point to pay attention to every muscle group, to ensure that I am getting a total body workout. But the bum and thighs are coming along more slowly than the mid and upper body. Oh well, the lower body is where I need the most work, so what did I expect?
Keep it up everybody -
Tama