Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 21:12
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstartz
It's changing the entries from the order in which I put them.... Can I stop it from doing that?


It sorts them by body part, then by exercise, within the same day. This is done for those who do more than one body part, and would like their sets listed seperately. Say 2x10 with 200 lbs, then 1x5 with 250 lbs. With the current sorting order, it will not mix the reps between inbetween different exercises.

Quote:
Would a comment area for the exercise &/or work-out be possible?


I'll think about it. How long a comment are you thinking? A full text box like a forum post?

Quote:
Also, I put an entry in under the wrong date. Can it be made so the date can be changed instead of removing the entry and then re-entering it? (To save on server usage...)


It's possible, but will require making two rows for each day, since a single row will not be able to hold 3 drop down lists, for day, month and year, fo ever single set. So it will end up cluttering the page when you have full list of entries, say 50 workouts on a page, with 150 drop down menus

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 22:08
dstartz's Avatar
dstartz dstartz is offline
Rather Be Ballooning
Posts: 545
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/196/165 Female 67"
BF:?/40.0%/26%
Progress: 64%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
I'll think about it. How long a comment are you thinking? A full text box like a forum post?

Per exercise maybe 15 characters, per workout 30-45?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
So it will end up cluttering the page when you have full list of entries, say 50 workouts on a page, with 150 drop down menus

In the words of Rosanna Rosannadanna, "Never mind."
Reply With Quote
  #123   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 09:14
ljw32's Avatar
ljw32 ljw32 is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 3,073
 
Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%
Location: Michigan
Default

Can I make my recent food choices show the ones from more than the past day? Like maybe for the past week.
Reply With Quote
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 09:30
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw32
Can I make my recent food choices show the ones from more than the past day? Like maybe for the past week.


The recent foods listed in the daily entry are limited to the last unique 10 most recent items. This limit is done to make the list shorter, and assumes if an item is used very frequently, it would have been added to the favourites list by the user.

The one in the Food lists menu is limited to the last unique 50 items, as more than that the page will take longer to load.

I open to the idea of changing those limits, but the numbers need to be carefully chosen, so they don't get in the way of keeping things user-friendly

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
  #125   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 15:11
ARo's Avatar
ARo ARo is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 158
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 258/238/140 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Location: Columbia, SC
Default

Is there a way to enter foods not on the list? I wanted to put in 1/2 cup Breyers Carb Smart ice cream, but wasn't sure if or how...
Reply With Quote
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 15:14
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARo
Is there a way to enter foods not on the list? I wanted to put in 1/2 cup Breyers Carb Smart ice cream, but wasn't sure if or how...


Yes, click on "New Custom food" from the left side menu.

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 02:57
dane's Avatar
dane dane is offline
muscle bound
Posts: 3,535
 
Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%
Location: near Budapest, Hungary
Default

Morning, Wa'il!!!!!!!
I'm so excited today to see the new resistance and cardio log features! Will we be able to export them to our gym logs, too?

ETA: With the custom exercises......where does it go after you create it? I see my Static Wall Squat is not in my daily workout summary, on the Daily Summary page, or noted in my resistance log.

Last edited by dane : Mon, Feb-14-05 at 05:33.
Reply With Quote
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 05:58
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
Morning, Wa'il!!!!!!!
I'm so excited today to see the new resistance and cardio log features! Will we be able to export them to our gym logs, too?

ETA: With the custom exercises......where does it go after you create it? I see my Static Wall Squat is not in my daily workout summary, on the Daily Summary page, or noted in my resistance log.


The custom exercise is for cardio only, so it will show in the cardio logs. Once a custom cardio exercise is created, it will be available for selection in the drop down list.

But any cardio or resistance info will show up on the summary page for the day they were logged.

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 15:39
OyVey's Avatar
OyVey OyVey is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 211
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/155/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Location: florida
Default

this is a verrry long thread so I apologize if this was asked before. on the WHR chart can you add the .1 .2 .3, etc. along the Y axis? it's hard to tell just how close to .8 I am which it says is a good ratio....
Reply With Quote
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 18:30
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVey
this is a verrry long thread so I apologize if this was asked before. on the WHR chart can you add the .1 .2 .3, etc. along the Y axis? it's hard to tell just how close to .8 I am which it says is a good ratio....


Excellent idea. Coming soon

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 20:19
ljw32's Avatar
ljw32 ljw32 is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 3,073
 
Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%
Location: Michigan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
The recent foods listed in the daily entry are limited to the last unique 10 most recent items. This limit is done to make the list shorter, and assumes if an item is used very frequently, it would have been added to the favourites list by the user.

The one in the Food lists menu is limited to the last unique 50 items, as more than that the page will take longer to load.

I open to the idea of changing those limits, but the numbers need to be carefully chosen, so they don't get in the way of keeping things user-friendly

Wa'il


Ok- back to this- maybe a drop down box to display last 20 items, 30 items, or past day, past 2 days, etc. Not a huge deal but inconvenient to look up foods over and over if I am eating the same thing 2 days later. One thing I did like about fitday was you could list recent foods or all recent foods, then just pick what you had. Just a suggestion!
Reply With Quote
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 20:23
OyVey's Avatar
OyVey OyVey is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 211
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/155/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Location: florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Excellent idea. Coming soon

Wa'il



thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 22:14
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw32
Ok- back to this- maybe a drop down box to display last 20 items, 30 items, or past day, past 2 days, etc. Not a huge deal but inconvenient to look up foods over and over if I am eating the same thing 2 days later. One thing I did like about fitday was you could list recent foods or all recent foods, then just pick what you had. Just a suggestion!


We can do this in the food lists section, as there's a lot of room, and all items listed can be entered in the daily food. But won't be able to add those options in the "Quick pick" box on the daily entry page, as the selection will clutter the box, and push the favourites way down, and one would have to croll a long list to reach their favourites.

So, it coming soon

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 00:56
selfcare's Avatar
selfcare selfcare is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 253
 
Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%
Location: Los Angeles
Default

I'm sure this has been said, but...

The main way this is not quite as useful as fitday for food recording is that you can't add custom foods. If I eat low carb italian salad dressing for instance, I can't list it with my foods. So I will be sticking to fitday for now for food.

Also, I must admit that I like the way that fitday deals with portion sizes, in that you can just enter how many cups, ounces, etc without having to figure out what percentage of a 100 gr you ate.


For those who have trouble with gram to oz or tsp or whatever conversions on fitday, here's what I do:

I go to google and enter in my conversion in the search bar, such as "44 gr to cup" and hit "search" and it will do the conversion for you.

But let me stress that I LOVE the exercise and weight chart features, they are WAY better than fitdays! I love My P.L.A.N. and it's really helping me!
Reply With Quote
  #135   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 06:19
tamarian's Avatar
tamarian tamarian is offline
Forum Founder
Posts: 19,546
 
Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Location: Ottawa, ON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfcare
The main way this is not quite as useful as fitday for food recording is that you can't add custom foods. If I eat low carb italian salad dressing for instance, I can't list it with my foods. So I will be sticking to fitday for now for food.


People will stick to whatever they want, we have no problem with that.

But you can enter custom food, if you didn't check the menu.

Quote:
Also, I must admit that I like the way that fitday deals with portion sizes, in that you can just enter how many cups, ounces, etc without having to figure out what percentage of a 100 gr you ate.


Weigh and volume cannot be converted without too wide an aproximation. This is due to density.

It would be easy for us to add cups, gallons, liters, etc. But it maybe a bit misleading, since it will assume the density of water (or any arbitrary fluid). This may present a problem in calculating recipes in the recipe tool..

Wa'il
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48.


Copyright © 2000-2021 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.