Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 16:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I love the term Cowpooling.

It's great y'all can do that but I live hundreds of miles from where cows are so it isn't really an option for me. I'm a little jealous of those of you in less urban places.

Land and water is just too expensive in So. CA for raising much in the way of grazing animals.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 16:14
Experimenter

BF:

This isn't cow related but I read last night that New Zealand classifies lambs as less than 6 month old sheep but exports sheep up to 16 months old as lamb. I don't know if they still do that or not. So they're exporting the much older, gamier stuff to the rest of the world.
  #123   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 16:30

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
This isn't cow related but I read last night that New Zealand classifies lambs as less than 6 month old sheep but exports sheep up to 16 months old as lamb. I don't know if they still do that or not. So they're exporting the much older, gamier stuff to the rest of the world.

Maybe that's why New Zealand lamb doesn't taste as good as the regular stuff. It's much stronger tasting.
  #124   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 18:53
Experimenter

BF:

Really? I've been buying New Zealand lamb all along, I guess I'll have to try some non-NZ lamb. I was sort of hoping that perhaps they'd been caught and fixed that.
  #125   ^
Old Mon, May-31-10, 10:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I love the term Cowpooling.

It's great y'all can do that but I live hundreds of miles from where cows are so it isn't really an option for me. I'm a little jealous of those of you in less urban places.
Ah well, console yourself with the fact that lower food prices is about the only advantage to living in rural areas... especially rural north-central Michigan. The super discount stores (Walmart, Meijers, etc) are all about 35 miles away in any direction; even a regular grocery store in the nearest town is 12 miles from me; movies are 40 miles, A real shopping mall (Penney's, etc) is 40 miles. Worst of all, out-of-state family and friends don't want to visit because the nearest big-city airport is 150 miles away.

Food is cheap, but it costs a lot in gas to go anywhere and nobody wants to visit. Count your blessings!!
  #126   ^
Old Mon, May-31-10, 13:11
Experimenter

BF:

I know, I know! Sometimes I think about that.

Quote:
Worst of all, out-of-state family and friends don't want to visit because the nearest big-city airport is 150 miles away.

Wait, you're complaining or bragging?