Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1021   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-18, 06:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

DAY 1 of 90, start date oct 10

Need support thru the Holidays.

1. Only 1 special item that would be considered SAD on designated days: NOT Halloween. Only days designated as "Thanksgiving" or Christmas. COuld be more than one of each depending on family plans. NO two days in a row. NO exception for New Years Day. NO exception New Years Eve.
Allow 1 goof.

2. All meals must be LC. snacking on fat ok.work down from 2-3 meals to 1-2 meals.
Meals between noon and 9 pm.
Allow 10 goofs. used 1

3. No artificial sugar drinks; only an occasional dessert, 3 per week max. No aspartame supplements. Drink water.
Allow 10 artificial drinks. used 1 dessert
Sponsored Links
  #1022   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-18, 06:29
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 56 of 90

Stuck to plan: 33
Off target: 23

Staying keto. Today working on cutting back on food volume. I'd like to see if I can do that well enough without logging food to actually lose some weight. I can always eat more. The question is Can I decide to consistently eat less without a calorie number telling me that I'm done for the day?
  #1023   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-18, 23:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Aug 1 - Oct 30 * Day 72

Weigh-in/Activity/Supps/Sleep: 3/4, forgot my night time ones again X
Gratitude journal: done
Food tracking: journal

Eating:
Gold days: 9
Green days: 34
Yellow days: 23
Red days: 6

Transportation costs saved: $330
  #1024   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 03:46

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Practice: Do not Eat in car (E) or have any Cheese in refrigerator until Nov 13 2018. If either happens
I’ll mark a “C” or “E” or both in parenthesis next to the day that it occurred below:

WeekEnding | DayCompleted [M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su] ; Cheese(C), EatInCar(E)
1007 | M - Tu - W - Th - F - Sa - Su
1014 | M - Tu - W - Th
1021 |
1028 |
1104 |
1111 |
1118 |

Ken says, "I can always eat more" - same with me. I wonder if somewhere along the line I've lost touch with the sensation that the rest of my family has of when "full" there's an aversion to more food, except perhaps some desert (flavor change?)

I'm thinking that I might try to retrain myself using eggs. "you want more? sure, eat all the eggs you want" perhaps I'll rediscover the aversion to food when properly "full", much like my drop in the interest in sex after sex for a little while.

The ability and desire to eat more never seems to vanish completely. It's not hunger, it's hedonistic pleasure for me it seems. Oh well, at least I have a handle on it by staying away from things that seem to harm more than help.

Good luck Ken.
  #1025   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 07:21
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 57 of 90

Stuck to plan: 34
Off target: 23

Good keto day and I kept the volume within reason.

Thud - I think you pretty much nailed it for me, too. It doesn't much matter whether it is simply bad eating habits, a competition between the "pleasure related" desire for more vs. the satiety of having eaten enough -- or -- simply not having a strong connection with the feeling of satiety. What ever it is, weight stability for us is not automatic (and never has been). You are right about things like eggs. If I keep my diet boring and monotone enough, my tendency is to eat less. Overwhelming feeling of satiety? No. But walk into the kitchen for another bite of boring food, then thinking "meh - I don't really want any more of fill in the blank"... that happens. If I don't give myself permission to opt for something with a little more pizazz - then I will lose interest in eating more food and just go on with my day.

Last edited by khrussva : Fri, Oct-12-18 at 12:14.
  #1026   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 10:07

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Hi all!

I've missed you all. I've shut down the personal journal and that just feels right to me, never really felt great about too much personal detail online, but I do read here and use the site anyway. This thread has always helped me and I need help again.

Life here has continued to be bumpy as I continue to discover what works in this new location and what doesn't energy-wise... I've given myself a pass food-wise since the nightmare job (not good!!!) but haven't gained. New job is difficult for me as well (lovely surroundings and perks though) but I will stick out the season, which will end in a month or two. Quitting too many jobs in a row doesn't look good. Financially things have gotten very messed up and I will use this thread for 3 things: keeping a better eye on finances to avoid future escapist tendencies resulting in preventable fiascoes , putting exercise back here - I still have a very physical job but I need more than just being exhausted at the end of the day, and I want to do a food check - making sure I have low carb choices and prepared food for the next day. The house is too much to deal with as a goal and I will be looking for a permanent job again, plus a part time 2nd job so that is it for this 90 days - I want to try to get thru the entire period, but like Thud says: progress, not perfection.

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have Low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go for the next day

for achieved, for not achieved Starting today.
I don't know why left to my own devices that these things do not stay with me but that's the way it is. This thread is a GREAT tool for improvement!
Kat

ps: chiming in with Ken and Thud - I too have the "I am full now" button not working. I can always eat more and often do beyond enough food - lc food is so delicious. Unfortunately if my food gets boring I tend to veer off, so I have to make sure it's exciting enough for me to choose it over unhealthy alternatives, thus looking for new recipes and stuff that will really satisfy me. I still do not have confidence that I can stay on plan for even a few days right now but somewhere at some point something will stick. I continue to read Ken/Jo's Js daily and they do help me.

Last edited by mviesprite : Fri, Oct-12-18 at 10:15.
  #1027   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 12:02

BF:

DAY 2 of 90, start date oct 10

1. Only 1 special item that would be considered SAD on designated days: NOT Halloween. Only days designated as "Thanksgiving" or Christmas. COuld be more than one of each depending on family plans. NO two days in a row. NO exception for New Years Day. NO exception New Years Eve.
Allow 1 goof.

2. All meals must be LC. snacking on fat ok.work down from 2-3 meals to 1-2 meals.
Allow 10 goofs. used 2

3. No artificial sugar drinks; only an occasional dessert, 3 per week max. No aspartame supplements. Drink water.
Allow 10 artificial drinks. used 1 dessert, used 1 drink
  #1028   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 19:27

Default Start day - weeks run Mon - Sun

I am starting on Friday so will only have 3 days this week and there will be no time on Sat - will be only doing two. Wanted to kick this off today anyway.

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. This took WAAAAAAAAYYYYY too long today but I feel good getting a handle on it

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min A Morning Cup of Yoga - felt good

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have Low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go for the next day. Making burgers now and zucchini, have stuff to pack for lunch tomorrow, just went shopping so have food in the house
  #1029   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-18, 20:44

BF:

finishing DAY 3 of 90, start date oct 10

Allow 1 goof.

Allow 10 goofs. used 2

Allow 10 artificial drinks. used 1 dessert, used 2 drink
  #1030   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-18, 05:07
Forum Moderator

BF:

Aug 1 - Oct 30 * Day 73

Weigh-in/Activity/Supps/Sleep: done

Eating:
Yellow days: 24

Transportation costs saved: $340

Yellow card for potatoes in the beef stew I had for dinner.

Kat and Arielle, welcome back.

Kat, one of my rules is that I don't even take my shoes off until the mail is opened and put away. Good on you for getting on top of the finances.
  #1031   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-18, 07:59

BF:

Practice: Do not Eat in car (E) or have any Cheese in refrigerator until Nov 13 2018. If either happens
I’ll mark a “C” or “E” or both in parenthesis next to the day that it occurred below:

1014 | M - Tu - W - Th - F
1021 |
1028 |
1104 |
1111 |
1118 |

yes, welcome back Ms. A and Kat! 6hrs in car yesterday, avoided snacking in seat. 2oz cheese standing outside of driver door in 35 degree F mist. What a pain, oh well. Was I hungry? not really. Eating is fun.
  #1032   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-18, 07:35

BF:

1014 | M - Tu - W - Th - F - Sa
1021 |
1028 |
1104 |
1111 |
1118 |

Had a play day in cold water without eating in the morning. on the way home I stopped and had 2oz of cheese curds standing outside my car door while it idled at a convenience store. This is now becoming my habit. This is good! Far less can be eaten in the brisk misty winds of early winter outside the luxurious confines of my Honda Element surf wagon.

BTW, these are pretty dang good cheese, beats the 2 sticks for a dollar. This seems like "real cheese"

#1033   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-18, 08:30

BF:

DAY 4
o f 90, start date oct 10

Allow 1 goof.

Meals between noon and 9 pm.Allowing am meals to eat with my kids.
Allow 10 goofs. used 2

3. Reduce artificial sugar drinks; only an occasional dessert, 3 per week max.. Drink water.
Allow 20 artificial drinks. used 2 dessert, used 2 drink,2 coffee with splenda , 1hot chocolate splenda liquid.

Whooshed. Complete with leg cramps despite extra salts. HAPPY.

Altered requirements as original too strict and cannot comply.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Sun, Oct-14-18 at 14:51.
  #1034   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-18, 13:52
Forum Moderator

BF:

Aug 1 - Oct 30 * Day 74

Weigh-in/Activity/Supps/Sleep: done

Eating:
Yellow days: 25

Transportation costs saved: $340

Thud, those look like nice packets of cheese curds. We have a similar product at work, but they're supposed to be for the poutine! I just grab the bag and eat it straight-up.

*If anyone doesn't know what poutine is, don't ask. You don't want to know.

Someday, I'll make a cauliflower or turnip poutine.
  #1035   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-18, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Kat and Arielle, welcome back.

Kat, one of my rules is that I don't even take my shoes off until the mail is opened and put away. Good on you for getting on top of the finances.

Thanks Kristine! I am going to start doing that - mail gets opened right away and put in appropriate place. Great idea.

Thanks Thud! Ms A, looks like we both need some support at the same time! Nice to see you here.

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min. Took a walk this evening at a favorite park, 30 min, extra brisk walking because I was trying to get far ahead of a noisy family behind me...

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go for the next day. Check. Making soup and roasting broccoli tonight, still good on food.
Closed Thread