Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 02:30

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I think a lot of people deal with sub-clinical depression caused by their poor diet, which leads them to self-medicate with the same poor diet.

I know when I'm exhausted, I grab some deli. It's coleslaw on the side and I eat the sandwich without the bread, but the trip to the store and then making something is just too overwhelming.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 09:16

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
We have community gardens where all food is donated. Needs folks to take care of a row, or help harvest...

We had a food co-op many years ago, but it died from lack of support. There were a lot of takers but not that many givers

We have a weekly local farmers market in town and I'd love to support the farmers, but organics are few and far between, if at all.

I'd love to grow food here, but I'm 32' high on an ancient sand dune. The soil is sterile, white, sugar sand.

To grow food means a lot of fertilization and irrigation. Unfortunately everything I do here runs downhill into a protected and troubled lagoon where fish spawn. Fertilizing is banned in the summer months and for me it's all year. So I plant native and well adapted species, none of which provide edible food. But they get all they need from what mother nature provides.

On the other side is a protected fresh water wetlands. It isn't in as much trouble as the brackish lagoon, but I don't want to spoil it either.

It's the price to pay for my little half acre in paradise.

Bob
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 11:41

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Well, I know many that grow in buckets. and one is commercial sales in Alaska.

Im hearing lots of excuses..... jump over the hurdles.