Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 10:20
Registered Member

Plan: ADDICTS
Stats: 170/165/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default NAMES

Hey Chunkybutt,

I too love your name, and it is exactly how I feel. I keep telling my family that if I gain any more weight that you could put a buffet back there.

I am just learning how to use PSP7, and I absolutely love it.

Keep up the calories!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:23

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 178/159.2/131 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi there!
I see you are the Carb addicts diet. I read about that, and was curious how you deal with eating the carbs at reward meals. You can have sweets right? I couldnt decide whether to go on atkins vs CAD. How do you like it thus far?

Chunky Butt
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:02
Registered Member

BF:
Default CAD

since i have never dieted before, and was totally scared to death of NOT eating, i thought this would be diet for me.

i have always eaten what i wanted when i wanted. so the thought of not being able to scared the living daylights out of me.

with the cad i can still eat what i want (if there is room after the meal). i absolutely love icecream and cant imagine living without it. i dont have to buy special food (i usually cant afford that) and i dont have to be a gourmet cook either (fry baby all the way). it has only been three days so i will do my best.

i am going out tonight to get the keato sticks to see if i have started the keatosis. if not then i am not sure what i am going to do.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:10

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Rachel
If you are on the addicts diet and you are eating ice cream and carbs, then you will never be in ketosis.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:18
Registered Member

BF:
Default keatosis

the cad says that i can eat anythin i want in my reward meal. i dont understand.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:21

BF:

Rachel,

I'm sorry-I guess I didnt word that right.

What I mean is that with CAD since you are allowed (YES ALLOWED ) to have your reward meal, you can eat carbs. BUT..with carbs around, you wont see ketosis on those sticks.

Sorry that I worded it wrong!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:25
Registered Member

BF:

well i havnt eaten any icecream yet. even in the induction (first two weeks) you can eat anything you want. i am not sure i would make it very far without eating the things i truly enjoy. maybe that is why i have waited so long and put off doing something about this weight.

i dont eat any carb during the day only those at the reward meal
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 14:27
Registered Member

BF:
Cool

by the way it is ok
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 15:20

BF:

Rachel
Im on Atkins so Im not sure. BUT..a girlfriend of mine does CAD. I think as long as you eat whatever you want within the hour, you are fine. SO....eat what you want! Just spread out all your cravings over a week so that you dont eat them all in one night

You will do FINE!!!!!!!!!!!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Chunky Butt!

I live in Lake County, Indiana. I'm in an unincorporated area, between Griffith and Gary. It's pretty farmy between the two cities. I like Indiana to a point, but I've always felt my heart yearned for mountains! Even a large hill will do for a while!

Hope you're doing well still!

By the way, CAD is really very different from Atkins. There is no induction. There is a reward meal. Whereas Atkins goes for Ketosis for good solid weight loss, CAD can be good for people who are less resistant to metabolic change and relies on a minimal effect on the insulin level for weight loss. That's why you have an hour to eat all your reward meal, to keep the insulin level from going high for a prolonged period and developing a second wind, so to speak.

It just depends on what works for you.

Bye! Amber
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:42
Registered Member

BF:

AMBERIN

thanks for clearing that up a little more. there is so much info and my first time dieting that i get so confused.

rachel
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

No problem clearing things up, I love to read about the differences. I want to be as informed as possible so I can tweak when necessary and not cross two bad ideas at once and make myself gain! My loss has been pretty much a tear and I have been happily shocked at the speed. After so many tries on low fat, I thought I'd never lose, much less quickly! Anyway, I have been pleased to see so many variations in low carb because if one thing doesn't work, usually another will.

See you all later! Amber