Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.D.
Stats: 190/191.5/160 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: -5%
Cool Brand new to SS

Good morning
I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Tammy, a mother to 2 young children. Joy is 3 yr old and Nicholas is 8 months. I have been married for 14 yrs now. We live in North Canton Ohio. Right now I am a stay at home mom. Come August I will start Nursing School.
I have tried to follow Atkins but it was way to strict for me. Plus I love fruit. SS sound too good to be true.
I am 5'2" 178 pounds a size 16. My measurments are upper chest(above breast) 36 ,waist 34, tummy 44, hips 38.5.
My goal is to be able to wear a size 8 or 10 jeans or weight 130. Which either is healther for me.
I look forward to meeting everyone.
Tammy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Talking Welcome Tammy!

Hi! Sounds like you have a full time job on your hands already! Congrats on deciding on going to Nursing school. It's always been a thought in the back of my head too!

Read through all of the other threads to find out lots of useful information on Somersizing.

Also, check out www.suzannesomers.com

I recommend buying or borrowing her latest book Fast & Easy. It has the most up to date information on Somersizing and legalities.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: general low-carb lifestyle
Stats: 170/156/140 Female 5'-9"
BF:Like butter!
Progress: 47%

Welcome LR! Though my profile says Atkins, I've been SSing since January and have lost 15 pounds FOREVER. I came over here from Suzanne's site because I wanted to try Atkins. Well, I've started combining elements from both programs with a little common sense thrown in about what works for my body. I mostly SS now. The recipes here and on her site are great!
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 11:37
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have to make the choice on what i eat eat and every meal. For luch today I am having the McDonalds Grill Chicken Cobb Salad with ranch dressing. I am getting full on it.
Tammy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 14:21
Registered Member

Plan: general low-carb lifestyle
Stats: 170/156/140 Female 5'-9"
BF:Like butter!
Progress: 47%

Yummy! I had one of those a week ago when our family travelled across the state. Of course, they all had the burgers and fries...
(mine was tastier!)
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 21:53
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi there, littlerose! Congratulations on making the choice to a healthier WOE that'll drop the pounds off! I'm 5'0 and when I started SS, I weighed 195 lbs and wore a size 18. Now I weigh 159 lbs and I'm buying size 12's for the first time in 10 years. I know a Tammy in OH who is Somersizing, too (she has lost 20 lbs in 3 months!).

I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not but ranch dressing is funky on Somersizing (ranch dressing contains buttermilk). I know you don't have a lot of choices at McD's, though.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 06:46
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

Thank you for letting me know about the ranch dressing. I will make some blue dressing later today. I am planning on starting strict on Monday. I have a male friend that is going to do this with me for health reasons. So it will be nice to have someone to support me.
Tammy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 05:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Tammy,
Welcome to Somersizing! I have been doing it for around a month and have had great results so far. It is something I can stick to. I did well on Atkins but got really sick of it, and like you, I love fruits and lots of vegetables. I think Somersizing is more for creative cooks than people who like to count or be rigid.

I like the McDonalds Cobb salad too, but it is hard to find legal dressings at fast food places. I am not sure if it is legal, but I have been using the McDonalds dressing, but just a teaspoonful or so,

Sandy