Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 17:26
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I didn't grease it, and yes, I used a springform pan. It didn't stick at all. The sides popped right off and I've actually already sliced it, it's just chilling in the fridge right now waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can ENJOY it!

With the carbs I saved on the crust and using liquid sweetener, I got to use the SF choc in it! Woot!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 17:30
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

This recipe sounds yummy, so...I'll make this little post so I can lazily bookmark it for the near near future.

Thank you for sharing it with us
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 17:30
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

BTW, without the crust, my totals came to:

1/12 of the cheesecake
237 calories
2.7 net carbs

I made the recipe the same using 13 drops concentrated liquid sweetener, 1 tsp orange extract, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 crushed bar of MiniCarb dark chocolate (no SA's) folded in at the end.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 04:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dang it all! Now I'm going to HAVE to make one this weekend. Oh, woe is me! I'll probably make just a plain old plain one (no special flavorings) so DH will eat it, too. He likes just regular cheesecake with strawberries on top. I have some local berries in the freezer. I'll take those out and mash them up a bit (the way he likes, so there's juice) and top it with those. They're even sweet enough without added Splenda.

First thing tomorrow morning!
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 22:21

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Looks like I will be baking a cheesecake as well, what with all this talking about it and all! Have a wonderful and safe weekend Bawdy!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 19:17
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

I'm going to make this for my labor day picnic! Going to make it with no crust (i'm in induction and am not eating nuts yet)....can't wait!
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 04:31

BF:

Mine didn't turn out very well, but then I kept having to substitute. I didn't have vanilla, so I used lemon extract. Then, I didn't have vanilla SF syrup, and didn't want to use Splenda, so I used hazelnut SF syrup. DH and I both had a piece last night with strawberries, but he probably won't have another. I'll eat it, but it wasn't great. On the other hand, it's always better the second day, after it's had lots of time to set up.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 17:25
7 yrs and counting!

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

This was heavenly. My edges turned out funny, i think my pan was too shallow and it fell after rising...but i put a little whipped cream on the edge...oh it was amazing. I have to hide it from my bf tonight..lol..i hope he doesn't go snacking in the middle of the night or i won't have any left tomorrow to serve!
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 10:04

BF:

You're welcome, Samantha. It is quite good. Mine actually got better as the days progressed. Even DH said he liked it a lot. He agreed that it got better after a day or so.

It will fall after you take it out of the oven. I've heard that if you just turn off the oven and leave the door ajar, you can leave the cheesecake in there for an hour or so, so that it cools very slowly. I guess the theory is that if it cools too quickly, the top will crack and fall. I really don't care too much. As you found out, Samantha, there's always whipped cream!
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 10:08
7 yrs and counting!

A few days...haha....it didn't even last an hour after i put it out. But yep, i did let it cool in the open oven...i used a cake pan though...instead of a springform..and i think once it rose around the edges...it sank back too far...but it tasted great. i just put a little whipped cream around the edges..i wasn't too worried about the cracking in the middle...makes it look homemade
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 05:49

BF:
Default Pumpkin Cheesecake?

Anyone try a pumpkin variation? I promised to make a LC pumpkin cheesecake for an upcoming potluck at work. Think I can just dump a can of pumpkin into the regular ingredients and call it good? I'll obviously add a few spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Do I need more sweetener?

I plan to do a "dress rehearsal" this weekend. It would be great to get this down so that it can become a "no brainer" dessert for the upcoming holidays!
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 11:23
7 yrs and counting!

I think that'd work, just be careful to drain any liquid from the pumpkin so it doesn't make the cheesecake runny....with one recipe i'd think a half of a can would be enough, and just add your spices/seasoniings. Sounds good...let me know how it turns out!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 12:39

BF:

It's in the fridge right now. I used a whole can of pumpkin (the small can), and there was no extra water, so that was good. I added cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice. We'll have it for dessert tonight. I'll post the results.
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 13:11

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 230/137/130 Female 5'3"
BF:29%
Progress: 93%

Thank you, Bawdy, I love pumpkin and cheesecake and your method is so the best!

Let us hear the results!
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 19:21
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

<perks up ears> I LOVE YOUR CHEESCAKE. and with pumpkin