Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 18:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Sigh. Another dot, with a couple comments.

Back on plan today, will be honest to say I skidded off last night and we ordered a pizza. It was such a full and stressful day. I just didn't care about my woe, and neither of us wanted to cook or make a thing.

Today is better, although just as full. Wouldn't you know I'd get a HUGE project from old big client RIGHT NOW. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled , $$$, and I'll take it. But I must start very early in the morning to get it going on, because these days I must do house and business all day long.

So much happening, my head is spinning. Looking forward to the more relaxed state that will allow me to do the personals I want to do, and tell y'all more about what's going on.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 04:00

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

woke up late-stayed up late- oh dear god I NEED SLEEP. Have to go to work today- still on that paper.
Will have some time in a couple days! Trig- maybe you should just WAIT........HAHAHAHAHAHA- Safe travels ....post when you can!!!!!

back in a few hours
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 06:57

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

It happened again. I'm typing along and then I don't know what I hit, but *poof* the whole post is gone. I know it is something I'm doing...I only wish I knew what!

Jaz...worried about you girl. You are burning the candle at both ends and it's wearing you down. Be gentle with yourself. ((Hugs))

Blue...I know you are stressed too. And now more work?? When it rains, it pours, right? Take one thing at a time and remember to breathe.

Trig...I think you're off on your next adventure. Fun! Can't wait to hear what all you've gotten into on this trip. Hope the weather is perfect too.

Nic...I have lost track of you. Are you home? I'm too lazy to look back at previous posts to figure it out. Pop in when you can and bring us up to date.

Me....I have decided that I simply MUST embrace intermittent fasting in order to keep my calories in check, along with the other benefits. I may even try the alternate day diet where you have very low calories one day and then eat normally the next etc. I will stay LC and even maybe carnivore, but I need to shock this body into dropping some weight. Eating in the morning has just become a habit for me, not something I need to do.

Today I'm fasting until around 10:30 when I'll have a "fat" coffee. Then I'm going to the gym around Noon or so. When I get home from the gym, I'll have some Queso Blanco(fried) with fresh sliced tomatoes drizzled with a balsamic glaze. OMG...so good. Oh, and I'll also have a couple strips of bacon. Tonight I'm going out to dinner with some friends, so that will mean a lite beer, and possibly a nice steak. I really think I need to do the fasting to regain control over my appetite.

Hope to hear from you all later today.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 07:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- YAY on getting a big project!! That is super news! The timing isn't great but it is cash flow and that's a happy thing. I bet they realized they need your skills and expertise.

Come on when you can but keep your head about you and yourself afloat.. we will still be here!

Lori- So try this- when your post goes away, try holding down "command" and hit the letter Z. See what happens. Don't do anything else before that. It might reappear. If it doesn't reappear, try hitting the back button on your browser once and see if that doesn't make it come back.

Sounds like you are going to try a couple of strategies. Sounds like a good idea to me. I think the hi-lo day using LC might work really well for you.

Jaz- You poor thing, you sound completely overwhelmed. I am so sorry that these papers are hitting so hard. I know you will do really well on them though. Soon they will be done!

Trig- I think you are leaving on Friday. Maybe you can pop in before you go. At any rate, have a wonderful time!

•••••••••••

We are home! Ds19 and I got in last night. Our flight ran late (my last three SW flights have run behind schedule- strange!) so we got in about 7:20 instead of 6:30. No biggie. It is good to be home. I've set aside today to sort of rest, do a little laundry (DH's- I did ours on the trip), straighten up around here, that kind of thing. Re-entry stuff.

A watermelon exploded on the counter (less than a week old from the store) while I was gone, and while DH did an excellent job of cleaning it up (nothing is sticky) I can still smell it, so I need to do a thorough re-cleaning of that area also.

Going hardcore LC up to the rehearsal dinner, more or less Atkins 72. I've got a several-months-along food baby that needs to go home.

Glad to be back! DS16 comes home 8PM tomorrow, then back on Sunday at 7 PM for his last week. He wishes he hadn't signed up to do it, but it was his idea, he applied, he got it, he's following through. And he hasn't tried to quit or anything, he just moans about it when it is time to go back. Part of the learning curve!

ETA: Going to try to track my food the next three weeks, to help me along.

coffee, cream, ss
B: 4 strips bacon
L: wild caught cod cooked in ghee and spices
D: one homemade LC meatball, decaf coffee (cream, ss)

Last edited by niccofive : Thu, Aug-09-18 at 16:50.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 21:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

sorry guys I am behind on the thread LOL

just busy
it is midnight, going to bed, fast post
leaving early AM for our trip. am bringing a laptop, I MIGHT come on but mostly I think this trip is no electronics and just relax but shall see, but everyone take care and see ya in a while!!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 05:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Bon Voyage Trig! Have a fabulous time!

Jaz...hope you are finishing up your latest assignment. You need some down time girl! I think you are off today and your treadmill is coming? Exciting!

Nic...glad you are home safe & sound. But.....an exploding watermelon? I simply cannot imagine the mess! Hope you were able to find the source of the smell and eradicate it! Ewww! Did your husband hear it "pop" or just discover it on the counter? Weird! So you are on the big wedding countdown now! Everything will come together and be beautiful, I just know it.

Blue...hope you're able to find your way back to the site! Sure miss your thoughtful posts. I know you are super busy with your work and getting your house in show shape.

I think I'm going to have a rest day today. I had a good gym workout yesterday and since golf is cancelled all weekend, I'll have time to get my running in tomorrow. Today I'm shooting for a low calorie LC day. I don't know if I'll be able to stick to 500 calories, but I'll certainly come in under 1000.

Last night I went out to dinner with some friends from the golf course. I did have my 1 lite beer, and made good food choices. I had 2 appetizers for my dinner. Bacon wrapped scallops & crab stuffed mushrooms. Yum! I know there were a few carbs in the mushrooms, but I felt good about what I chose. We went to a new pub that is really nice. They have trivia on Thursday nights and one of the girls wanted to stay, but the rest of us were ready to go home. I promised that I would go for trivia some Thursday....could be fun.

Ok gang.....make it a good day!
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 07:06

BF:

Lori, your food choices sound great. Very delicious!
I think a down day sounds good today. We are expecting a lot of rain this weekend and into next week. DH had to drain the pool again last night.

Guess it is just you and me right now! All our homies are very busy with stuff! Hang tight, ladies, the weekend is coming.

Trig, have a great trip!

Having a down day today after a very busy yesterday. Meeting DH for lunch and I'll just get a bunless burger from Five Guys. Then I'm going to go catch the movie "Eighth Grade" at a two o'clock showing. I hear it is great. Picking up DS16 at 8 PM tonight.
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 08:30

BF:

Good morning!!!!!
I know I have not being able to "really" post the last couple days. It has been a week of- I am searching for the right word! I have hit that proverbial brick wall, and it's not over yet. I think however I will be done today- that is my goal. I won't be really done, I have 4 weeks left of this course. But I am hoping to finish THIS assignment by this afternoon. I took the day off to finish this paper. Not to mention the treadmill is getting delivered today. I put in for the day off last week in the event I needed the day and I do.

My plan is to DO NOTHING tomorrow- ZIP!!! - Personals this afternoon!!!!!
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 19:42

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

First of all, Jazz---Is it your B'day? Well girl, just in case Ha, I'm so tired I can't even click on more than one dancing emoji. If it is your B'day, happy, happy, happy, dear pal!

OMG GALS.

Sorry, but I'm going to take up my post for me tonight. I cannot express fully the last few days and the raw work involved. Silly me, I thought we HAD BEEN working on the house to our limit. Turns out our limit is and must be bigger than we thought.

Hubby's cousin and wife came up yesterday early morning, and we worked from sun up till sun down yesterday and today. They are both freaking saints. Hubby's cousin is a contractor and so talented in everything having to do with anything regarding homes or yards.

So. We took down our fence. It's a double lot, 38 panels. It was aging and we've already re- painted it 4 times in 30 years, and weren't about to do it again. Decided if they don't see a fence, they won't think they're owed a fence and try to chip down our price over it because it was in such crappy condition. Sliced off the posts but still have to figure out how to get them out of the ground. Need a guy with a jackhammer. Cousin and hubby cleared mountains of brush and fake trees.

We emptied our HUGE attic. Finally. Cousin power washed the house and the double garage. Cousin sawed apart huge porch cabinet that came from my old store and had seen better days. Into the dumpster it went.

We rented a large dumpster, and still have room for more stuff tomorrow.

This is just the main stuff. Tons more was done. All this, and it was hot and humid as hades here both days. I felt like the weak link because I just cannot cope with the sun and the heat. Been that way since I was a kid and parents would take me to a summer parade and I would just keel over in the heat. Saw stars more than once, and finally had to confine myself to indoor work.

Packed 12 boxes.

Then, thought we were going to avoid having to replace the roof, but no. We have a shake shingle, and were going to try to repair. No dice for many reasons, so next week we get a new roof, including separate 2 car garage. Can anyone say CHA CHING?!

To boot, the realtor told us today we really should redo our hard wood floors at least in the living room dining room and long hallway. I started to cry. Problem is, we've had large area rugs down for years, and underneath them floors look good, but pathways are more distressed so when you lift a rug, big difference.... Anywho, we're getting a bid.

Again, CHA CHING. And it's not even the money so much, although IT IS the money, it's the HUGE HASSLE involved, including not being able to live here for a couple of days, and having to move things around and out.

But it would be the ultimate wow factor. Everything else is re-painted, crisp and clean. We need to sell fast, and so we will probably go ahead with this. Oh, shiver me timbers, and holy cat's pajamas.

Haha, all this makes it sound like we were living in a dump, but really not. However, in these last years we have let some things go, it had gotten too much for us gradually, and we weren't seeing it happening.

Tomorrow we will work all day again with cousin and wife. Did I mention they're freaking saints?

Well gals, all I can say is by the time we get out of here, I might just be pretty dry eyed. All this has made me NEVER want so much stuff and so much responsibility EVER again. We have loved our 30 years here, and it wasn't our first choice to leave now---but doing this 5 years from now?!?!?! When we're 70?!?!? God's grace has its way.

I am exhausted to the bone, but feeling SO BLESSED to have such great family and friends, including you guys, who have supported me thru this whirlwind of change and loss and work, kept my chin up when it wanted to hit the ground.

Oh did someone say woe---pffffft, not even thinking about it in these last days Burned more cals than I have in years in last 2 days. Have eaten what I wanted to, but actually, not too bad at all, but no, not on plan.

This will not end for awhile---the endless work and appointments and bids and calculations---and it already seems we've done so much, but no rest for the weary. Not to mention the big business project. This is not the time for me to try to lasso my woe. It just is not. But I'm going to keep being here and taking in the vibes of those I love here, and know fight the battle with me.

And when the worst of this has past, the work is done, and the house is on the market, I will charge up again on the woe, and do as well as I can up till then.

I am one very very tired girl, but also, blessed in so many ways. (LOL, BRAVO to anyone who gets thru this whole post. But I am sitting out on my back porch relaxed for the first time in days, and typing and listening to the cicadas, and thinking about so much.

Oh...and we're back at it tomorrow with cousin and his wife. All day. Cousin will put in the refacing he made for our kitchen cabinets. His wife and I will keep emptying anything we can get out hands on into the dumpster. Then they will leave and we will take a day of rest.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Aug-10-18 at 19:56.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 05:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Blue.....you are going thru SO much, both physically & emotionally. I'm so glad you have family to help. Him being a contractor is sure an added bonus. Blessings for sure. LC will still be there when your life settles down. I would not worry a thing about what I'm eating if I were going thru what you're going thru. At this point you have more than enough to worry about. Big hugs and take care.

Jaz....is it your birthday?? If so, HAPPY, HAPPY!! Did that treadmill get delivered? Hope you love it and that the assembly today goes smoothly. Hope you're finishing up on your paper so you can breathe again.

Nic.....what are you up to this weekend? Is everyone at home or are some still at camp/work or whatever?

Me...nothing going on. More rain and thunder storms, so no golf. I'm like a fish out of water!

Yesterday I decided to try the don't eat until Noon and then only allow yourself 500 calories for the whole day. Yeah.....that is not going to work for me. I can do the not eat till Noon thing, but the prospect of only eating 500 calories for the day sent me right to the local ice cream shop! I was like a woman possessed. Of course I felt queasy all day from my "treat", so hope that is the end of that for awhile. I am going to stick to the "eating window" thing and shoot for about 6 hours most days eating as LC as possible. That's the best I can do. I am not into calorie restriction at this stage. Been there, done that. Even after my treat, the scale went down almost 1/2 lb. Whew!

Bye for now!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 07:26

BF:

Jaz- I have no idea if it is your birthday or not. I must have missed a clue along the way. If it is, or was, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Do you have your treadmill now? Do you like it? Whatever happened with the washer? Did you send it back? Did you get a different one?

I hope you got your paper done. You sounded SO overwhelmed by all that you had to do. I hope it all got finished!

Lori- I don't do well with major restrictions either so I totally get what you are talking about. Glad you went a half pound down anyway! Just keep doing what works for you and let others do the same. We will all get there in our own way and time!

Blue- Man, you are guys are so blessed to have a cousin and his wife who work like they do, and I know you know it and appreciate them like crazy.

I would TOTALLY be like you with the heat and humidity. I mean, you guys don't have AC in your home, do you?

You all got a LOT done and I know there is still much to be done. I feel for you. You make a very valid point though, about what it would be like doing this five years down the road. Wow, a good thing to think about.

Trig- Hope your trip is awesome thus far!

KMom- If you are reading along, sending you love!

•••••

Things are going fine over here. Happy to be home, although my house smells really weird. I thought it was the exploded watermelon and went over that area, but I still think it smells. DH and DS19 smell nothing but DS16 walked in and immediately smelled something so I don't know. I may have to mop the whole downstairs because it is really bugging me.

I got my Rebel Ice Cream from Kickstarter yesterday. This is full on Keto ice cream- the only such ice cream on the market. I backed them months ago. Anyway, they were supposed to send me 8 pints and they sent me 16!! I think they must have filled the order twice. I'm glad I have a chest freezer to put it all in! I tried the peanut butter fudge last night and it is good. Not the most amazing thing ever but good and if I can eat this and lose then yay for that! It will certainly help to keep me out of other things, hopefully. Stayed on plan again yesterday:

coffee, cream, ss
five guys bunless burger
grilled chicken breast and green beans
a serving of rebel ice cream.

Today will be:
coffee, cream, ss
grilled chicken breast and some veg
crack slaw
rebel ice cream if desired.

DS19, DH and I had lunch together at the food court and then DS19 and I went to see 'Eighth Grade' at the theater. We really enjoyed it and had a great discussion about it afterward.

DS16 is back until Sunday evening and I am so happy to see him. He is glad to be home too. He enjoyed playing (I call it 'paddling') in the dry ice last night. I saved it for him.

Have a good Saturday!

Last edited by niccofive : Sat, Aug-11-18 at 07:45.
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 07:40

BF:

GOOD MORNING! I love the rumor it is my birthday but thankfully no! But thank you in advanced! I am a January baby! Which everyone forgets about because everyone is burned out from the holidays! So hey!!!!!!! I am good with it. Maybe you saw birthday in my post- it is AVA's Birthday next week and she is having a 1st birthday for her! That little thing has over come so many milestones to make it a year. She will have many more to come- that I know. This will be a distance memory for her.

BLUE- (((((((((((((hug)))))))))))- Gal pal I feel you in more ways than you know. not only every time you turn around you are getting socked with big $$$$$, but just the total upheaval of life, change, and then toss work on top of it all! I get it. It is alot to absorb in a small space of time! We are here for you EVERY STEP of the way!!!!
NICE you have some help! - Plus a chance to purge. It really is freeing!!!
But I know it is not fun to go though this process. But- THIS TO SHALL PASS- there is light at the end of the tunnel. you will get there I promise. Just think about this- the odds of you spending a Christmas in your NEW HOME is high. I would decorate the crap out of it too! Make your first Christmas there VERY Special!!!!! Next year- you can just put up a table tree- not this year! Pull out all the stops to make a warm and cosy and twinkling place and new!!!!!

NIC- WELCOME back my friend! I know however by your posts you had a fabulous- time. It always takes a few days to get back into your groove! Take your time. Now comes the wedding! As you go through this process- we want to go too! Love wedding details! I still remember her dress picks. She had 3 to pick from right? And then she picked one and nobody knows which one? Or did I remember that it was the princess dress with the tutu like skirt?
SO exciting!!!!!!!

Lori- You are tweaking what works and what isn't working in your WOE. 500 Calories would have sent me screaming to an ice cream shop too! Well actually it would have been a Pizza shop! No can do. That is just unreasonable and calories are not just the issue. But then again you know this!
I just LOVE LOVE bacon wrapped scallops. DEVINE- had them when I went to a place called Firebirds in Minnesota. I still drool thinking about them. They are building one of those here and I just can't wait!!!!!!!
Did you get a new Garmn/ Fitbit yet?
Have a wonderful weekend- are you getting rain?

TRIG- I hope you have some good weather! But regardless you will make it fun for sure! You will sit under your canopy and toss down a few "adult" beverages and call it a day! Then toss some maybe pork chops on the grill?
Have a great time!!!
--------------------------------------------
I am going to make this part short and sweet as I have this paper that STILL is not done- I estimate another 3 hours. Then I am hitting the submit button and it is what it is- better or worse- due today. I was expected to write 10 pages- I am up to 22 and still not done. I still need a abstract page and reference page- and a summary- then I am done. Still need to proof- but ALMOST Done! It will happen.

The 250 pound treadmill was derived yesterday. I have somebody to assemble it this afternoon.
In the same room as the one I will be pounding out this paper - no way around it. OH well........ Can't wait to try it out later.

I need it too. Here comes the confession. remember that hog wilder about 3 weeks ago? Well I have not done another one. That being said I got the craving and WANT back for junk carbs. And it 1.) has put 5 solid pounds on me, 2.) I do well for a few days then I have a bit of this and that off plan. But it is enough to toss me over carbs. Example- did very well all day and then I just had to have fries. this was after a very nice dinner of oven backed pork chops and kale salad. I got some too. I will say that it has been so frustrating. I am good for a few days- then fall off with a taste of this and that- and it is just kicking me off plan and the worst- I FEEL REALLY TIRED, AND NOT UP TO MY NORMAL ENERGY. These carbs are making me sick. Not hog wild- but I am having trouble will 100% - my weight is truly up and I feel it. My shorts were so tight yesterday I put on my pajamas. MISERABLE in clothes right now too! Nothing feels good to have on. EVERTHING I am busting out of. -

Time- I know what needs done. Hopeful this treadmill can help. I also need to just woman up and push the plate away and say NO MORE!!!!!
Needs to happen. Enough is enough-

Ok- new day- ribs in the slow cooker- they smelled fresh and look really good. Compared to the last attempt that the meat was bad. So all is good with that. Also will have a small kale salad- with thousand Island and goat cheese crumbles (small amount). I am coming here if I get a craving I can't stand! Expect me more! This carb addict needs more time here to over come- until I get my butt back on track! GOT IT!

Ok ladies- have a great Saturday!

JAZ!!!!!!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 07:42

BF:

NIC we were Cross posting- tell me about rebal ice-cream.Although I am not a sweat treat gal- I am interested!

Loved your post!

JAZ
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 16:31

BF:

done for this week! What did I do? Hit the SUBMIT button- for better or worse. On to NEXT........ but tonight- feet up. Netflix. I just finished it's 6pm Sat. took me that long. Had trouble formatting. Then the treadmill lady came. ya I said that- the box was close to 275 pounds. So this twig gal 27 years old- climbs outta her beat up Honda- I kid you not, straps on a tool belt, is carrying a tool bag and an drill. Long blond young thing- younger than my kids. I be darned if she didn't wrestle that box down and have the thing up and running in 2 hours. Drinking her Red Bull- she was a machine. I just let her do her think.

She ask if I was in collage- well yes I say. Well what is your major she is asking me. It dawns on my she has no idea how old I am. So I say- oh...... I am completing my degree at 52. Her jaw dropped.
I will have to say I really she thought I was just a few years older than her. She didn't believe me. I had on shorts, make up, and my hair in a pony tail - and a tie dye shirt. She was like NO WAY!!!! YES way- my kids are older than you. I could tell she really didn't know. Then she said- I really hope to look that good at 50!
It made May Day actually. I am not looking for kiddos- but hey when they are honest. It does give ya a little spring in the step. Even if it was from a little blond kiddo. I will take it.

MY PAPER IS DONE!!! next one due in in 3 weeks. Then I have a 3 week break. I am starting way early next one. This down to the wire is too stressful.
I am wipe- to tired for my new machine! Pured a little adult beverage- high quality rum and a cherry/lime Lacroix- no carbs. About to watch a few Girls guide to Divorce. -
Blue- all those gals are super skinny and the main character- all she does is well SHAG!!!!!! I would be scag all the men she has been though- plus she has an eating disorder! Real life I guess.
It is still a fun show. Mindless girlfriend fun!!!!! Slumber party fun!

hope everyone is good-
Back to square one- and it has been a 100% WOE day! ribs fell off bone- one meal of day and full- and good!
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 16:52

BF:

YAY! Jaz.....glad that paper is finished and you hit submit! Done! Good idea to start early on the next one to avoid all the stress.

Too funny about the treadmill set-up gal. Good for her....doing a job she probably loves. I have no doubt that you look years younger than your age. Nice when some young thing comments on it!

I have not ordered a new fitness watch as mine has been behaving ever since I threatened to get a new one! If I don't have to spend the $$, I'll be happy. Since I quit the part-time gig, I'm trying to curb any unnecessary spending.

We have been having periodic downpours of rain all day. I had rugs on the line and had to run out the back door to grab them. I have a retractable clothes line that I don't use often, but it is handy for rugs. I now have them draped over my front porch furniture to dry. Not a good look, but you do what you gotta do.

DH wants to go with me on my run/walk tomorrow morning. I'm glad to have someone give me the push I need to get my butt out the door. I told him he just has to give me time to have a cup of coffee first!

I did good with my 6 hour eating window today. Stayed LC and actually pretty low calorie as it turned out. Just loosely counting calories on My Fitness Pal, but won't do that every day. I made braised pork chops for dinner.....so, so good.

Ok...enough from me. Have a good night everyone!
Closed Thread