Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 13:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/188/160 Female 5'11 1/2
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hello from steaming hot Houston

Hello everyone! I'm here to introduce myself. I'm Susan from Houston, Texas. Well Spring, Texas actually. Spring is a northern suburb of Houston. I have lived here my entire life except for the 4 years I went to college. I'm a high school world history teacher. This is the point where everyone tells me how much they hated history so I will give you my answer to that. You never had me as a teacher. I love what I teach and I pass that on to my students. I'm struggling through my weight loss. No real cravings for carbs but I will tell you that I miss my wine and margaritas. Giving that up is a killer for me. I'm very social and I love to chat so stop on by my journal

Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:13

Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Hi and welcome, I am a fellow Texan from a small town south of San Antonio. You'd think we'd be able to "sweat" all this off but I guess that would be too easy huh? Well good luck to you, I hope you meet your weight loss goals. Take Care! Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:16

BF:

Hi Rachel and thanks for the reply. We have had a huge rainshower yesterday which has slightly cooled things down. I may actually be able to take a walk without passing out from the heat. Thanks for the good wishes and the same to you!

Susan
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 07:05

Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello from Rockport, Tx here. Outside of Corpus Christi. I know what ya mean by the heat. I have lived here for 3 years now, I use to live in Michigan. What a change for me.
Well good luck and take care. You will find lots of great ideas here. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Take care.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 11:31

BF:

Hey Tina,
Thanks for the reply. Today it is 88 and I feel like it might just start snowing anytime now. HA! Actually I'm going for a nice long walk and enjoy this break in the heat while it lasts. Good luck to you
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 12:12

Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey sparent,
Too funny, it is real nice. I keep hearin people from Tx, sayin we have a cold front lol. The weather is great. It is about 88 here as well. What a nice break.
Have a great walk.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:36

BF:

Ok here is a quick question. I downloaded a picture to use on my profile. Why isn't it showing up?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 224/213.0/145 Female 5.6
BF:??
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Fellow Texans!

Well, here we are girls. Going thru Low Carbing in the Heat!!!

I am on the west side of Houston, and it is HOT here as well! Since Susan, you are from the area, I've got a question...

Do you know of any place that sells Atkins products?

I found one place, Sandys, here on I-10 ~ Dairy Ashford, but I don't think they have the ice cream. I found the ice cream at Krogers, but talk about expensive!!! Any suggestions?

As for your pic, it should be a jpeg image 20kb or less, and no greater than 100 x 100 pixels. If it is too large, the forum will ignore it. If you want to put your pic in your replys, then you have to make it a custom avaitar. I hope that helps!

Good luck with your low carbing!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:15

BF:

Hi Janeen.
I live in Spring and have found products at Kroger and at Walmart. Look in the health food area in Kroger and by the vitamins in Walmart. I have been a little apprehensive about using them though, after reading things on the board. I really would like to use them since sometimes I'm too busy to make something. I looked up items that they sell online and have found a few in our area. La Tortilla's site will tell you where to find their products. I found them in the Woodlands but since I'm still on induction, I haven't purchased any. I saw the ice cream and you are right. It is VERY expensive so I will forgo that for now. Good luck and thanks for writing in.
Susan
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:55

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome

Welcome to the board,Susan. I think you will find the board to be helpful as there are many struggles and sucesses here. I live in southern Ga. and it is steamy hot here,too,but I got a good taste of real heat when I visited DH in La. We are moving there to the Shreveport/Bossier area as soon as our house sells here.I'm really looking forward to it.There is so much more to do there than in the one horse town I live in now.So,we will be neighbors and soon I hope!

You are right in avoiding those "legal treats" as they can get you in big trouble if you are not cautious.Some folks think that "treat" means something you live on but that should not be the case.

I did Atkins for 4 yrs.and lost 68 lbs. I did the self-sabotage thing (I guess) and gained back 28 of those before getting a grip.When I tried Atkins again it did not work...Why?Too many legal treats.In the meantime I found the Fat Flush plan and have been on it for 16 wks. and love it.I do believe in the Atkins plan but even the dearly departed,good Dr. advised that when you are stuck to try something else.I don't advocate FF but just in passing like to tell someone that I am on a different plan.

I do wish you all the luck with your plan and once again,I welcome you.

Linda
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 10:23

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, Sparent. I'm around the corner, near The Woodlands. The margaritas are my only downfall. I resist most of the time, but when my fajita salad comes around, a margarita just has to be with it. Anything less would just be wrong!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 10:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

welcome and good luck with low carbing you are going to do great.

i just wanted to let you know that i love history class at school . i am in high school and the teachers are just great . so at least you know someone likes history .

hang in there , i hope the low carbing helps you .people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck

ps. i hope the weather cools down for you
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 22:35

Plan: Fat flush
Stats: 330/330/200 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I loved history

Good luck to you. And for the record, I adored history and although I didnt make it the focus of study during my undergraduate and Master's degrees, my love of history grounded my research more concretely and I hope that I can pass this passion on to my own children. I was lucky to have a fantastic history teacher in high school. I wouldnt call him passionate, but he had a calm deliberateness and deep curiousity about him that I could relate too.