Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 12:30

Plan: n/a
Stats: 120/120/115 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New, need support and buddies...

Hi I'm new and I've been really stressed out lately and have been resorting to binge eating and over eating as a result. If I binge on one day I am really depressed about it for the rest of the day but can't stop it the next day. I really want to stop and start eating healthy again with a low carb diet but I'm a little lost, as I've tried to lose weight many times and always end up giving up. I'm 17 and in high school. Anyone else with the same problem?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 13:12

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 230/230/125 Female 5'7"
BF:

wow...I have the exact same problem.....I've been on this diet so many times and I've been so strong on it I guess my motavation level just keeps droping....I'll start and be strong about it and then I'll see something good and just binge for the day...then I feel horrible about it....I don't know what to do about it =[
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: none in particular
Stats: 206/173/119 Female 5ft8
BF:
Progress: 38%

hey donthate.

you dont have that much to lose. but this is a good plan to follow as i had a problem with overeating to but now on this diet I dont get that hungry so dont eat as much.
have you read any books or chose a specific low carb plan you want to do?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 22:07

Plan: n/a
Stats: 120/120/115 Female 64
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redness
hey donthate.

you dont have that much to lose. but this is a good plan to follow as i had a problem with overeating to but now on this diet I dont get that hungry so dont eat as much.
have you read any books or chose a specific low carb plan you want to do?

I'm thinking of doing a modified version of South Beach, where I'll mainly try to get proteins and allow the occasional carbs for things I don't want to give up. Do you have any recommendations for which diet plan to go with?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 20:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/197/125 Female 69
BF:30.5%/26.7%/18.5%
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthate
I'm thinking of doing a modified version of South Beach, where I'll mainly try to get proteins and allow the occasional carbs for things I don't want to give up. Do you have any recommendations for which diet plan to go with?

I had the exact same problems "when I was your age" (ok, I'm not THAT old, but just recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of my 18th birthday )

Anyway, as for the books, can you check out the 'main book' of several different plans from your public library? Then you can read them and really see what they require-then I'd pick the best plan for YOU, and purchase the book.

Alternately, Amazon.com has the Atkins book online for like $0.01 (used/like new) and the brand new ones are only like $10 or so. If you can afford it, I'd buy the book for the plan you decide on and then a couple of recipe and/or 'support' books for the same-you get free shipping on orders over a certain amount.

I mention Atkins because that is what I follow, but there are plenty of other members that have great success stories on other plans.

Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 00:22

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 143/137/110 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hello!
I'm also 17 and struggled with over eating fast foods and just fatty snacks.. I'd always feel bad for it afterwards but do it again and again.
I began the atkins diet and I promised myself I would stick by it.
Now that Ive gotten results after just a week it really motivates you and you dont even think about wanting to eat anything out of your plan (well thats how i see it anyway!)
These forums are a real help aswell. Especially My P.L.A.N, use it to count how many carbs your food your eating contains and try to stick to below 20 a day.
I dont know if any of this helps but really! Just try stick with it a while and if you get results well done! Dont give up too easily!