Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 11:39

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Workout...

Almost forgot my yoga class this morning! It's an early class but I made it on time.
So an hour of yoga done, good class with core, ab and balance work. Always feel so cleansed and ready for my day after yoga. After my back fusion almost two years ago my neurosurgeon had one word for me for future exercise: "planks", to strengthen the core. So I take every opportunity with yoga to get lots of plank work in and my yoga teacher always includes planks in her class...loving my new thicker beautiful print yoga mat, the colors are soothing and I like having some focal points to concentrate on.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 17:46

Default Workout...

Got 30 min. yoga workout in this morning....always feels so nice. Today worked on flow....being mindful going from one pose to another. It's become so much easier for me after practice, don't feel like such a klutz like I did when I first started four months ago. Practice, practice....
Ordered a 'bolster' to be able to practice restorative yoga where I'll hold some poses lots longer but have more support for my body. I'll probably come up with a small group of poses to add to my present practice.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 09:34

Default Workout...

30 minute yoga workout yesterday....always feels good. Did segment working on flow. One of my favorites because it makes me be mindful with no extra steps...just a nice soft flow from one pose to another.

We had such wonderful weather yesterday...the kind of days we just wish for on the coast. No wind, full sunny sky, warm.....the Hub and I walked down to the beach and spent about an hour walking...hardly a power walk but got sweaty anyway just walking briskly in the sand. Felt a little guilty we hadn't gotten down there more often (takes us all of about 3 minutes) but we just haven't had many days like yesterday...a few last winter but this Spring has been cold, windy and overcast most days. Lots of rain too. We're hoping we have many more days this summer like yesterday. It was a wonderful walk. As is usual on the Oregon coast we had the beach almost all to ourselves, just one other couple on a long sandy white beach.
Today I'll get my yoga in and some gardening...
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:09

Default Back at it....

Did 15 minutes of gentle yoga this morning.....I've had to lay off this last week cuz I strained my neck/shoulders doing yard work, moving big flower pots and such....too much exuberance. So didn't go to yoga class at all this week and have not done any exercise at all this week.
So far so good after yoga this morning....no signs of neck strain or pain right now. Hopefully I can get back to my 30 minute workouts and go back to yoga class next week.
It has become an important part of my day.....
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 10:50

Default 30 minutes...

Did 30 minutes of yoga yesterday and didn't log it.....plan is for the same today. Catching up this morning on logging.....I don't use my fit points at all but it's nice to log what I'm doing and have a record. Neck is feeling good, the stretch I did yesterday that I found on line to help with neck pain really worked well, will do again this morning.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-18, 11:52

Default Workouts...

I've been doing a 30 minute yoga segment every day.....still doing an easier version, some downward dog and easy poses and avoiding any neck poses like sphinx and upward dog. I was just getting really comfy with those poses, absolutely no problems with my back...but for the time being I need to let my neck heal.
No workout today other than some light stretches...too sore from kayaking yesterday, so much wind, too much paddling/pedaling.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 08:38

Default Hiatus....

I'm taking a hiatus from exercise until this neck pain heals up. I just have to trust the doctor I saw last week, xrays looked good and he said he thinks it was just a bad tendon/muscle strain.
So anxious to get back to my yoga....I've become so addicted. Haven't been able to go to class and really miss it!
I still am doing an occasional 'child's' pose and even a little downward dog....waaaa.
Hopefully soon I can get back on my beautiful yoga mat.....
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-20, 15:00

Default Day by day...

Wow, almost two years since I last posted an exercise workout on the 'Gym' section of this site.....time flies. I've spent the last two years losing about 50 lbs. on Weight Watchers which really worked for me in tandem with an exercise program which consisted of Yoga and fast walking....it really worked well and if not for a stressful year the following year with house selling, moving, house buying, etc. I could have probably kept the weight off...I'm such a stress eater, always have been. Just a year ago I was maintaining my wt. with no problem at all.
So now that I've gained back a good 25 to 30 lbs. I'm again starting out with being consistent with exercising and have embarked on my old tried and true food combining, Somersizing food plan. I've been exercising every day except for an occasional day off and dealing with occasional exacerbation of neck pain being post neck fusion from 7 years ago. So I'm learning to be very cognizant of my body's reaction to any exercise again....Still doing a gentle yoga (and have never stopped doing some yoga every day) careful to avoid some of the neck poses that seem to irritate my neck and to not overdo on the stationary biking (spinning) which is my sole cardio these days.
This morning I did a 20 minute 'Christine' class which is a beginner version but the big hill climb she did kicked my ass. I love her teaching technique and encouragement that we can only do what our body's tell us to do and yes, try hard to achieve but don't do so much that it hurts or is just too difficult. I managed to stay up with her except for some of the resistance she was doing and I turned it down a little on some parts. I worked up a really good sweat and was so happy with it. Yesterday I just did a 15 min. workout so I was glad I got in a little more time today....that's a goal lately to get more cycling time and a little less resistance so I get more miles in and more calories burned. It was perfect. I've realized that with my neck and low back history it's okay to do what I can do, push a little sometimes but not all of the time. I don't need to get a PR every ride like I was trying to do....So this was a good workout this morning, one towards my challenges and mileage but didn't kill myself. No out of the saddle hill climbs....just smaller hill climbs. I've only had my bike for two and a half months but it has become a daily addiction that I just love....I can't miss a day!
Stationary spinning is a perfect exercise for my older years, low impact and just what my body needs since I deal with osteoarthritis issues and my spinal fusions....and I've had to realize that I won't be doing maybe the level of some younger folks but I certainly can do good workouts and get the benefits of the bike just how I'm doing it!
I'm feeling really physically good these days.....
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-20, 10:09

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Go Meg, go!!!!
I will need to get my own walking going again. Just need to get the house in order for sister moving in... running out of time and so many other urgent things banging on my door right now.... I know it should be priority.
-Kat
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-20, 07:40

Default Day by day...

Still getting my exercise in, trying daily except for Thursday when I had horrid dental surgery and felt awful and in pain. The surgery took about an hour and a half and just didn't feel like getting on the bike.
Yesterday got on though and just did a low impact 15 minutes with a couple of climbs but it was a difficulty level that I knew I could handle easily. Chistine is becoming one of my fave instructors because she's someone I can identify with a little more, she's very normal. Today the plan is to do a longer ride and work up a little sweat. Haven't picked which class yet.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-20, 08:50

Default Good ride....

Got in a 20 minute ride yesterday on the bike, good beginner class which I like to do, just steady riding and a resistance I know I can handle. I did really put out an effort and felt accomplished afterward.....also did a 5 minute post ride stretch class, mainly legs. I'm changing my yoga poses/stretches I usually do and won't be quite so concentrated on my low back. I've learned that if I don't feel comfortable with a stretch or pose I just modify it to fit me. Some low back pain lately was making me wondering if the stretches I've been doing were irritating me.
Plan today is to do either a 15 minute low impact class or I might do a repeat on yesterday's ride. I'll decide in a couple of hours.....
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-20, 17:09

Default Good ride....

Got a good 20 minute ride in this morning....again with my guy Cody (love him and his dance moves) and it was a beginner class but I keep telling myself it's okay that I'm still doing beginner rides because these rides are hard! I managed to keep up and my heart monitor told me I was staying within a much better range than I was the day before. I'm having such an allergy issue since we've moved here I was taking two Zyrtec in the mornings and shouldn't have been, I think it was increasing my heart rate too much so stopped that!
Goal is to do a four week Power Zone class starting with the FTP test that they recommend you do before the PZ class. Not that I understand the PZ thing but I'm trying to learn. The Hub did the test today so tomorrow I might try it.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-20, 13:58

Did a 20 minute ride this morning....getting on the bike is an every day thing now. I’m kind of addicted.
Striving to do longer rides, yesterday’s ride was 30 minutes and hard.
Setting up a schedule so I get at least two 30 minute rides a week and really push myself, but I’ve discovered that burning more calories with longer rides drops weight. Otherwise I’m doing 20 minute rides at a lower intensity the other days. Love love my bike.
I’m making a point of doing the 5 minute cool down rides after every ride so today’s total ride was 25 minutes with a meditation/stretching/yoga class session pre-bike ride. My bike room is set up with my yoga mat and it’s my peaceful sanctuary room where I can just close myself off to the world every day and escape. 🧘🏼‍♀️

🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Last edited by LadySage : Fri, Aug-28-20 at 14:14.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-20, 16:29

Default Today...

140 lbs....

Well today was supposed to be my 'Century' ride....the 100th ride since I started riding my Peleton bike. It's kind of a celebration for me and everybody else who rides and Peleton even makes a big deal out of it by giving riders a free T-shirt when you reach that 100th ride. I wanted my 'Century' ride to be a live ride and the ride I had signed up for was cancelled this morning...so I did an on demand ride and deleted the 5 minute warm up ride I did so my 100th ride will be tomorrow morning with the same instructor.
So I did a good 20 minute ride this morning with one of my fave instructors, she's very motivating and I just love her, just like the other four instructors that I really like and use for all of my rides.
I need to push my times though and burn more calories so that's a goal I'm trying to accomplish....
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 09:10

Default Stepping it up....

140.0 lbs.....

I've decided to step up my spin times by at least doing a 30 minute ride every other day....just not losing any weight at the pace I think I should be doing and I think I need to burn more calories.

Got my 'Century' ride yesterday....did a 20 minute 'Live' class with Hannah C. and it was awesome....she's so encouraging. Lots of out of the saddle moments and I did pretty good, managed to stay up with most of it.... Another motivating thing about increasing my times is more mileage and getting closer to completing 'challenges'....brings the competitive out in me.