Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-15, 04:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Primal Blueprint Starter List

Mark Sisson was my introduction to Paleo five years ago, and since he allows a little wriggle room compared to some of the "Paleo Perfectionists" out there, his plan is still very popular. Received this email with links to the Best of the Best someone should read if they wish to get started with a Primal Blueprint/Paleo plan. Of course, none of the links copied into this post, but it is still a good roadmap to his huge website.[find them in the right side bar, tabs or use search box] Worth signing up for his email list just for the freebie bonuses and Fitness guide.

Greetings!

I started Mark's Daily Apple in 2006, and I’ve been publishing an article or more every day since. That’s well over 4000 articles, comprising around 5 million words! Quite a lot to dig through but feel free to pillage the archives here.

I’ve included links to the 10 most requested articles on Mark’s Daily Apple below. Each one breaks down my stance on an important and trending health topic. For instance, one of my favorite blog posts, Grok Didn't Take Supplements So Why Should I?, details my stance on supplements. Namely, that even the most dedicated health enthusiast is bound to have gaps in their nutrition by the sheer fact that they live in the modern world. So, I walk you through the shady supplement world and introduce you to the most critical supplements for your health.

Read the best of the best below!

Definitive Guide: The Primal Blueprint
The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan
The Primal Blueprint 8 Key Concepts
How to Succeed with the Primal Blueprint
Why Grains Are Unhealthy
Grok Didn't Take Supplements So Why Should I?
17 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
9 More Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you’ll understand it)
The Definitive Guide to Stress, Cortisol, and the Adrenals: When "Fight or Flight" Meets the Modern World

BONUS! I also wanted to include three resources to help jumpstart your Primal endeavors.
Primal Blueprint 101
Primal Blueprint Recipes
Primal Blueprint Shopping List

Still got questions? MDA has the answers. Do a little exploring!

Stay pumped and primed, Mark
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 05:30

Mark Sisson has updated his classic Primal Blueprint, simply called The NEW Primal Blueprint, published yesterday.
https://www.amazon.com/New-Primal-B...s/dp/1939563305

Read about the changes in advice in this post:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/intr...imal-blueprint/

Ps: the website was totally redesigned not long ago, clean, updated format.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-23, 04:04

On July 20th, Mark Sisson will be 70.
Appears that his website, Mark's Daily Apple, has something in the works, as it should for this milestone. All the Primal Blueprint Laws were refreshed today. This page is a great start point for what a 70 year old can look like following realistic Primal guidelines.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/mark-sisson/

And then read Primal Blueprint 101: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

I bought his first book early in 2010, it started me down the LC/primal path. Or now you can read every article linked in the 101 guide.

In these 13 years, Paleo, "Keto", Carnivore, etc. has come and gone, but much of Mark's healthy advice still stands. Worried now about "ultra-Processed food"? I eliminated most of those because of Mark, before I found low carb.

One of the big changes, I stopped buying any "vegetable" oil, soybean anything, and any foods made with vegetable oil, grains and sugar are very limited. I have added back dairy, since I personally have no issue with it. Anyway, as I skim through Mark Sisson's advice over the years, as names for "diets" change, his basic lifestyle laws are solid.

Primal Blueprint Law 1: Eat Plants and Animals
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-24, 07:24

For Mark Sisson fans, he was interviewed by Guy Raz for the long running business podcast, How I Built This
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000647733766

Quote:
Mark Sisson made a big bet on mayonnaise, and won: four years after launching his Paleo-friendly condiment company Primal Kitchen, he sold it for $200 million. He succeeded~partly because he drew lessons from his previous failures and accomplishments - as a marathon runner, Ironman triathlete and coach, frozen yogurt proprietor, sports supplement founder, TV show host, and Paleo book author. But Mark’s biggest business came at an age when most people contemplate retirement. He developed a recipe for avocado-oil based mayonnaise, then added ketchups and other condiments.~After Primal Kitchen was sold to Kraft Heinz Corporation in 2019, Mark launched a totally new business: minimalist shoes.