Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 03:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

waiting on a Lori update.....but Lori we got massive storm on us now, big lightening and big thunder, probably coming your way sooner than later and screw up your future golf days maybe.

Nicco.....full on recovery day, cracks me up. Ahhh, recovery from family!! So so understand that need! I would need 2 HA

Jaz, cool the gig is over. Another like ya said will fall into your lap but if not, you can sell off a few more beanies and be rich and pay bills! Premium price for them too!!

glad beef is doing ya well. beef is my key factor for sure. gives most nutrients and fat/protein ratio best for us carnivores.

---------------watching big storm happening but should move thru fast.

today is icky rainy misty crap day basically here with rain all day in and out they say

not much but inside chores and this and that. ususal bs around here.

hubby to work
kid to school, out on May 19. She doesn't have to do another week of exams as others might have to go do so she is fortunate to get out early.

chatted with her if she wanted a job this summer and she said no. she said you told me many times, be a kid while I can and I said cool, so she doesn't want no crap job at a fast food joint, smart gal. She knows college will be work and knows after that, her life WILL be work HAHA I say let them do what they want and if she dont' wanna bother with a kid summer job I am cool with it, I don't care, whatever she chooses she chooses and fine by me.

other than that nothing doing, house stuff and other usual

got chlorine load for pool. omg on price jump. prices out there are making me ill truly. my squeaky penny is NOT going far anymore at all. ugh, don't get me going....lol

over and out and be good all
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 04:13

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Not much of an update here as there is NOTHING going on! Just did a bit of this and that yesterday....ran a few errands, did some laundry for Betty since it was a nice day and I could hang things out on the line.

It has started raining and will continue all day today and tomorrow. We are to have up to 3 inches. The golf course will be a swamp on Sunday when we are able to go back. Ugh. Next week looks sunny every day, so we'll take advantage of that for sure. I have a Chiro appt next Thursday, but I'm going to cancel that....it's just a maintenance visit, so I'm not going to waste a day of golf for that! We are off on Wednesdays, so maybe I can get rescheduled for then.

I'm planning to just stay in the house for the next 2 days. I just have to figure out what to feed DH for dinner. I get so sick of worrying about meals. First world problems, I know.

----------

Trig.....Awesome to let the kid be a kid. She'll have a lifetime of working for sure.

Nic....It'll be good to have you back in the "house"! I'm sure you need some down time.

Jaz....No more work for you for a bit! You have a busy weekend with the Grands and then the Mom visit. Hope all goes well.

----------

Time to start my day of nothing. Hoping to get a nap in at some point. Only getting 5-6 hours of sleep these days.

Later!
  #738   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 06:54

BF:

Lori ya said: I just have to figure out what to feed DH for dinner. I get so sick of worrying about meals.

ME TOO!!!!!!

I was b'ing and m'ing all about that the last few wks.

IF IT WAS only ME ya know......everyone eats so diff. here and I was literally just mouthing this out that I won't be able to stand kiddo home all summer DEMANDING food and when I ask, what ya want, I don't know comes back and it IRKS THE living sh** out of me truly.

omg me and you....I SO feel ya on it.

College and a paid cafeteria card is what I long for HA

hubby, well he can fend IF I cook a good meat and have easy sides to go with it he can deal so I am ok there, since we have such diff. taste profiles, his food will never be mine and he knows it so he likes to cook so ok on that but............omg I AM SO over it as a life focus in my day also!!

yea I get it and ya hit a nerve I am dealing with for yrs now LOL
omg calgon take me away!

enough on that from me LOL
  #739   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 07:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey folks!

Coming out of my day of hiding. Man, I was WORN OUT to the point that I didn't even want to be around people ONLINE!

Everything went very well. The shower went well and the weather held out for it, which was great. Taking The Oldies to DE went very well also. I got a short walk or two in with my Dad but the others were content to hang out around the house and be taken out for dinner. I had planned to 'serve' them, as in the way you do children, you know, getting their food, corralling them etc, and since that was what I had intended, it went smoothly and I didn't feel put out or anything like that.

The resemblance to the time period of having younger kids was astonishing. I immediately slipped back into that rhythm and it was honestly bittersweet. It made me contemplative about those days with my kids and with rose-colored glasses, the sweetness of that time period. One day I was asking what was wanted for lunch and running through options, and they settled on grilled cheese and apple slices. lolololol I made their food and they were all on chairs at the kitchen island, happy little chewing sounds and honestly they were adorable. Now if that was MY LIFE then NOT ADORABLE. But I had planned to do nothing but care for them and make them happy, and that made the moment perfect.

The day we were leaving they again reminded me of kids. The plan was to leave around 11- 11:30. Well, they were ALL UP by 8 (the women tended to come out later) and packed up and ready to go. It reminded me of a snow day or field trip day.. they were thrumming with excitement and I was like "y'all, I have to wash sheets and clean the kitchen and whatever. Go find something to do" and they sort of wandered around.

I packed them sandwiches and chips and apple slices (which DH's Dad painstakingly sliced- took him about 10 minutes for a half apple- again, kid like and adorable- he was so pleased with himself!) and at the midpoint we stopped and I bought them each a drink. Again with the happy chewing sounds of contentment.

I will remember the trip fondly. Besides my Dad's seizure (and his genuine sadness over having these issues and not being able to drive etc) it was a really nice time with the Oldies. At 81, 81, 85 and 86, I am aware that time is likely pretty limited. I am glad I did this with all of them.

That being said, I think I told you all that I had cold sores pop up on my upper lip Thursday morning. I think I was internalizing a lot of stress over the past week and that is a tell tale sign for me. Also did not eat clean but not too badly while we were gone, but yesterday was just a wallow day in all ways. Picking up and moving on.

Rob is in Phoenix and comes back in the middle of the night tonight. He will be a tired pup! I have a pickleball class tomorrow so he can just chill out and I'll go do that. We still have leftovers from earlier in the week so we are good to go dinner wise.

Anyone have any Mother's Day plans?

Oh! GOOD NEWS!!! DS20 and his band competed in a Battle of the Bands at college and their band WON!! Consequently, he and his band will be the OPENING ACT for an internationally known band this Saturday. They will have a ONE HOUR SET in front of a BUNCH of people. My mind is BLOWN! I cannot imagine being in front of a huge amount of people like that, playing an instrument (self taught) and singing. And this was my shy kid!

•••••••••••••••

Trig- Did N place out of exams due to grades? She is a smart one and a hard worker too. You should be very proud of her! I can't believe the school year is coming to an end already. I'm glad she got to have a pretty normal experience this year.

Very glad the house is sold and hope you get a good, solid bite on the land also.

Lori- We have tons of rain forecast for the next few days too. Hopefully you will enjoy your time at home. Maybe catch up on or start some new shows. I've been watching My Kitchen Rules on Amazon Prime.

YAY on the house!!! Such good news!! I am really glad it all worked out the way it did and ultimately it may be a blessing bc it is no longer a nebulous situation. What amazingly wonderful kids you all have!

Jaz- I hope something comes to fruition with the job interviews and you can find something that you like! WHOO HOO for your last day at your current job! Also crazy good news about the Beanie Baby money. That was a nice chunk of change!

Super glad you will be seeing the Littles and the Zoo is super fun. Have you thought about going there and keeping the Littles for a night or two so your DD and her DH could take a little getaway? I plan to do that for my kids and wondered if you would also or not. Might be easier now with the free time.

Hugs to all!

Last edited by niccofive : Fri, May-06-22 at 08:44.
  #740   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 07:36

BF:

Nicco sounds like ya come thru OK and with good memories even tho ya got tired and irked LOL with 'us' types we dread all the hoopla but after, when we get thru, we do realize how great it all went down and kinda how much we needed it, ya know.....and that is all a good thing but that pressure before hand makes us go a bit batty, but in the end we get good times so YA DID well thru it all!!!!

and yea those ages and med issues, crap might come at ya fast, we got your back too cause damn if it don't go down for all of us!!!!

great post to read from ya and now go CHILL-RELAX....Chillax is the best concept in life if ya ask me HA
  #741   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 08:39

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning! FREE DAY!!!!

Warm, muggy, and rain off and on all day. It's like "soup" outside!
Slept good, great actually. IT has been a rough week and I so needed a recoup day before I hang out all weekend.

Nic- Loved loved your post. In a bittersweet way, there was a sad element to it. Maybe it is just because I am on the "other side" of 50 that I see life so differently and so very precious and brief. I am glad in everyway you had this time. Plus, you were able to not put any big expectations other than you cared very lovely to them. They all will remember this last week as best times too!

Hey, after that I KNOW you were peopled out in every way! You did this all after a trip and then got sick and and and and......Glad you are back and rested up! It may take a few days to get your routine back you and sense of normal.

Lori- sounds like we are all socked in by rain today!!! ICK! It is supposed to be a pretty weekend though at least here!

I sorta snickered to hear you hang bedsheets on the line outside. OMG with the pollen here you can't even open a window, let alone hang clothes/sheets. Pine pollen is no joke!

I feel ya (all you ladies) having to cook for hubby, families, kiddo, people other than you. I have said before that would SO GRATE on my last nerve. When my son comes (bless him) the entire day is revolved around his eating schedule. Breakfast, lunch, dinner- two snacks. I am constantly cooking and cleaning up the kitchen. I am happy when he heads home. Even all of our outdoor events are planned around FOOD! It is so annoying. I get it. Thankfully, though your hubby seems content with whatever you put out there!

I love me some putter days!

Trig- see above about cooking!
I think it is really cool you are letting kiddo decide what she wants to do. I totally agree, you are a kid once in your life. Then comes collage and then comes adult life! It will be soon enough.
What grade will she be in next year?

Happy to hear things are humming along well and things are moving along as they should!
-----------------------------------------------------
It was weird to not "plug" in this morning! I haven't transitioned yet to this is over! I am still recouping rest and just a few days to just "be".

Tomorrow lunch and zoo. Yes, we have thought about having me come for a few days to give my kids the change to get away. But life is super busy right now for them, and then it seems those kids are always sick. I am hopeful that summer will lend itself to a bit more time. My DD is a teach and is wrapping up the year. She has also put in her notice she is not going back next year. So there is extra work to wrap stuff up!

Made "pho" lasagna yesterday for my OMAD, using egglife as "noodles". OMG so good! leftover I am freezing. I will see how well it freezes.

Today...... well it is going on 11 and I haven't done a thing except walk the dog and suck down some coffee and move slow. I don't have anyplace I have to go. I am well stocked on all fronts. Just content, to take today slow and easy. Maybe a movie, book, stretch a bit. I love it. "Next" will be here soon enough with all the crazy that will go with it. BUT NOT TODAY!

Later gators- stay dry!
  #742   ^
Old Sat, May-07-22, 07:01

BF:

Good Morning!

This cat is slowly killing me. Got me up at 3 and I tried to grab her to put her outside and she went into the spare bedroom and under the bed. I shut the door and went back to bed, but I couldn't really get back to sleep as I was just waiting for her to start clawing at the door. She waited until 4:15 to start making noise. I'm so tired of being tired! This weather doesn't help. Rain, rain and more rain. Once we get thru today, we're supposed to have 5 or 6 days of pure sunshine.

Well, I'm just doing some laundry and trying not to eat the house down. Scale is holding steady so I may have some treats today. Boredom is not a good thing for me. I did a Pahla B workout yesterday, but not thinking I will today since I'm so tired.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!
  #743   ^
Old Sat, May-07-22, 07:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I won't tell you I slept in until 8:45! I feel ya though, as Rugar has gotten up TWICE this week to go out at 4 am for GI issues! So, I feel ya on the animals being needy then they sleep while we are exhausted!!!!! urghhhhhhhhhh

Rain and rain I just pulled up the radar. Yup, looks like you are getting what we had yesterday!

Bored and in a slump can be a diet killer for sure!!! I find when I am slightly tired and grumpy I have a want for comfort food= carbs. Then it just makes it worse because then you physically feel like crap and the circle goes round and round. That is just me. You are at GOAL weight and are not as carb sensitive as before. Trust me the sun IS COMING!!!!!

Trig/ Nic- updates- see last post to you both!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The rain has finally moved out and brilliant sun is shining, but it is soggy still, the ground is muddy. It will take a few days to dry out!

Today is Zoo day with littles. I am meeting them there. It is 10 minutes from the studio.

Tomorrow is a trip to Atlanta for dinner with my mom and back Monday around noon.

I like to listen to You Tube when I crawl into bed and going to sleep. Last night I pulled up Dr. Ekberg. It has been a while since I have listened to him. I feel asleep after his first sentence: what would happen to your body if you only ate beef for 30 days..........hahahahahaha- I need to relisten to it!

Nothing else. Yesterday I binged on Netflix and slept as it was gross out, never got out of pj's except to shower.

Have a good one- back later after zoo
  #744   ^
Old Sat, May-07-22, 08:05

BF:

Jaz so cool you are 'on your own' til ya fill the slot with another job...enjoy it all and rest up. not a darn thing ever wrong with that

kids and sicky icky. yea 2 spread it more than my 1 kid at home so she never really got as much sick luckily. school and interaction is a monster pain on icky sicky times with kids. I got away kinda lucky with only 1 LOL but damn if she didn't take me and hubby down a few times thru the years with kid crap from schools and all...ugh...breeding grounds of disaster HA

Lori....you AND Gabby on recliner with blanket and snooze....sounds like ya both need it You are such a great 'cat mamma' in that you listen to her and cater to her and while cats have that effect on many, I feel ya do her super justice in her needs and wants and you love it, even tho you moan about it Pets, more than just a pain of course for many of us LOL Gabby, if I could chat with her, would tell me super cool stuff about you and how well ya treat her in this life!! She knows and I love ya do it all for her. Being older cat, she gave ya years of being less of a pain, now she is demanding more and you give it, and again, I like reading about Gabby so much!!

weather is ON THAT CUSP! so close yet seems so far away for all the great weather we want right now.....oh yea, me too!!

Nicco, ya rested and recovered, take more days, chillax.....life don't gotta be full speed all the time as I have learned thru the years finally well, if ya wanna go do you then do that and all cool, ya wanna snooze all day in bed again, do that

-----------today is PIA day
kid says NO food in home.....yea NO crap so I hit little store and bought crap....omg....and crap is NOW way more expensive but she is happy with what I got her.

hubby working, all good there

for me today is whatever. rainy/misty/no sun and all and only a high of like 68.....boo.....useless to me truly.

scored some sirloin steak cheap in meat section so I grabbed it, so might have that or might eat that or shrimp or chicken.....don't really care at all on food. focus in weather and give me the damn heat and sun....wee.....

over and out and be good all
  #745   ^
Old Sun, May-08-22, 05:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day stuck at home. The golf course is closed after the 2 days of rain we had. I'm sure it's a mess. Hoping we get to play several times this week since the weather is looking good. I "should" get out for a walk today since the sun is finally shining. We'll see. It's not going to be terribly warm, but getting warmer each day.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Hope your family does something special for you!

DH just left to go out for breakfast with DS, DGS and some of their hunting buddies. I'm enjoying some peace & quiet. I think DH might go out to the park and do some mowing this afternoon. Not sure why since he has all week to mow grass. I'm just glad that he's healthy and enjoys being busy.

Have great days everyone!
  #746   ^
Old Sun, May-08-22, 08:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Y'all-

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope you have a good day!

DH is making me an omelet and fruit in a while, when I'm hungry and then we are going out to dinner with K and B later on in the day.

Lori- Yeah I tell you the amount of rain has been utterly insane. It was starting to get to me- the gray and the rain. Ugh!

Trig- My kids come home and complain that there is nothing to eat anymore. I tell them it is so they don't stay too long!

Jaz- I hope the zoo was totally awesome and so much fun!
  #747   ^
Old Sun, May-08-22, 12:47

BF:

Happy Mothers days ladies!

Here now in Atlanta. Bought some filet to go with lobsters. YES and YES please. I said no to a baked potato and asparagus. Steak and lobster and deviled eggs are enough!

Zoo was the bomb! So much fun with the littles.

Check in tomorrow with personals
  #748   ^
Old Mon, May-09-22, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling great after a good night's sleep!!! Sure makes a difference. Hoping the golf course is open today....it's been nearly a week since we've been able to play. Cold this morning, but warming up to around 70.

I didn't do anything yesterday. I'm the Queen of doing nothing. I did manage to eat stuff I shouldn't....I'm good at that too! Need to tighten up my eating. Scale is up just a little, but I need to keep it in check.

--------

Jaz.....Nice zoo pic! It looks like everyone was having fun. Hope everything went ok with your Mom. Your menu sounded SO good!

Trig....How was your day yesterday?

Nic.....Hope you enjoyed your Mom's Day too! Are you recovered from your big week?

--------

Well, I have to get moving. Need to hit the shower by 7:30 and head to the course by 8:15. Fingers crossed that golf is a go!
  #749   ^
Old Mon, May-09-22, 06:13

BF:

mother's day means nothing to me mostly, told hubby do not buy the usual flowers he has thru the yrs and just wanted to know if kid even remembered, yea at 8:30 last night she said....laughing....oh it is mom's day, happy mom's day and I was like, cool.....I am sure she finally hit it on her phone social crap and thought, oops, but literally I don't mind one bit.

I AM SO OVER every friggin' holiday BS out there

Hope ya golf Lori
Nicco ya sound good and doing for you and getting those ducks in a row. Never thought of it like that, take the food they love out of the house and they won't bother ya too much, smart move, I will adopt that for sure HA

Jaz, great day with zoo and family. nice pic and glad you had fun.

------today is chores and more.
make darn dog dental appt and get meds refilled for dog and all that stupid crap ya gotta call about and DO!!!! DO!!!!
and then stuff for hubby cause he works so much I just gotta DO!!!! for him.
and kid wants stuff and I DO !!! for her

but anyway, kiddo is SUCH A FAB artist and what nails me is she is a great PORTRAIT artist which I know I never was.......since my neice Amanda is getting married on Oct 12 I picked a nice picture from her facebook and 'commissioned' kiddo to do a portrait of A & M (the hubby to be) and she is ALL cool on it. Can't wait to see her do it. She is just SO good at portraits and real likeness from just her talent that I said instead of giving Amanda a usual plain ol' wedding gift of any form, that this portrait of her and Manny would be very very cool. She was super excited and super thrilled with it and yes since I 'commissoned' her I am paying $100 for it.....better be great HA but I know it will be.

thinking of throwing in dog bath and some trimming. Since his groomer went to $85 and NOW I checked, it is HIGHER on him, mini he is, I might tackle him a bit today. He is wild and wooly and stinky......heaven help me on handling all the stupid 'to DO!!' around here.

and know what, I don't wanna do any of it anymore HAHA

woke up not hungry. got tuna, steak, burger when wanted.

all good but getting that slam busy but darn cold out there today. come on summer, I AM SO over cold!

#750   ^
Old Mon, May-09-22, 06:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Still sipping some coffee here in Atlanta. COLD here! I know that is relative, but 59 this morning is COLD!

Oh my dinner was good, steak and a huge lobster dunked in lemon butter. I even lost a pound!
Now at another low (by a pound)- I will take it!

Going to suck down another cup of coffee and hit the road!

Lori- are you playing this morning? It is nice your hubby can still find work interesting and fun. Maybe because it is outside!

Trig- - You should be getting some sunshine too! You know it's funny everytime I see a horse I think of you. I was thinking maybe you could "share" a horse with someone. Keep it in another barn - I just hate for you to give up something you just loved so much. I feel the same way about dogs. I just think that I am a better person when my dogs are around me!
I could easy be that old lady on a big piece of land with 50 dogs and be just as happy as a lark!

Nic- are you taking this week to just absolutely chill? I would be packing my bags and heading to DE for a week of solitude. Yes- I might take you up on a friendly look at my website now that I have time and get your grammar thoughts! HAHAHAHAH- we all know I can't spell! For somebody who loves to write I am lazy at it!
---------------------------------------------
Just coming up for air. This week is my chill week. I have been so busy the last few weeks without a break. I am ready to head out shortly! I will be happy to be back in my own spot with some time off. NEXT will be soon enough.

I am enjoying my WOE immensely. I just FEEL good. I have cut out tomatoes, and most veggies for right now. I did have a few mushrooms on my steak last night, but no potatoes, bread, or greens. It was enough, but not overly stuffed.
I am going to do my measurements today when I get home. I feel like I am losing more inches than scale weight. However, when I look at my pictures I still see round fat face! so I dunno.

Sometimes one has to lose alot for it to be noticeable. It is a journey.

Anyway- going to head out- see ya on the SC side!