Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/267.2/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Newbie :-)

Hi everybody!
I'm new to forums or support websites but am feeling like this could be very helpful. I've struggled with my weight all my life. As a high-school student I tried Atkins for the first time. I was NOT overweight but had curves unlike any of my stick thin friends. So, I always thought I was fat. Looking back at pics kills me, bc I was perfect. I am definitely legitimately overweight now LOL I gained 60lbs my first year of marriage - it was bliss! Since then (ten years) we have had two beautiful children but with each pregnancy i've gained and kept more and more weight. I am currently 276lbs and dream of being 150lbs. My main goals are having more energy and confidence to do things like hike, canoe, shop in ANY store, be a role model of healthy relationships with food for my kiddies... and the list continues. I am tired of the struggle and strain of thinking about my figure and weight all the time, so I've decided to take my life back. Kids are a bit easier now than they were as babies (they're nearly 3yrs and 4.5yrs). Its time for mommy to take care of mommy! I've tried low carb on and off since last August but coincidentally have been living overseas so it hasn't been the easiest. May 5 I started a new determined path with low carb and added 2-3 mile walks several times/week. My main reason for coming tonight is that I've already broken my commitment and am out of ketosis. Its such a struggle to get back on track and needed some extra inspiration. Reading your stories has been such a blessing. Looking forward to joining everyone on the journey and helping each other succeed. Xx
Oh and we only have 59 more days until we move back to the States so its extra incentive to lose as much as possible now and have a great start for losing more when I get back to where there are many more inexpensive LC options (atkins shakes/bars, lc tortillas, string cheese, etc). Scotland has none of these or they do but cost and arm and a leg!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 15:49

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Welcome to the forum and best wishes in your WOE.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Hflc
Stats: 150/138/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile

Welcome aboard and keep us posted.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 16:31
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome! It is SO hard to decide to take care of ourselves as moms. My kids are 24, 22, and 16 and I'm FINALLY getting to the place where I'm ready to quit settling for carrying these extra pounds because it's what is convenient for everyone else. My family is super cool with me eating LC, but it's ME that is always saying, "Hey, it's ok--I'll just eat this with everyone else so that they can have what they want" or some such other excuse. It's time for us to take care of ourselves!

If I can figure out how, I'll subscribe to your journal and I look forward to cheering you on!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 17:54

Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome! I see this is the first time you've tried Atkins so I wanted to throw in my 2 cents - the first time I ever tried atkins was on Feb. 18th of last year. I had tried SO many other diets, and failed every time. I couldn't stick to anything for long enough for it to work. I thought Atkins would be my LAST try, but I actually wasn't very optimistic. And look at me now - 100 pounds lighter and still just as committed! Believe me when I say that if I can do it anyone can!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 19:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome to this forum. You came to the right place. I'd never done the forum thing either - but I've found it very helpful. I've learned a lot, got some great info and support from other members, and have been inspired by following others through their ups and downs and celebrating their successes. I hope you find everything you need to reach your goals.

P.S. I love your forum name. That's a good one.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 23:46

Stats: 290/267.2/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks everyone! Logging on this morning and seeing everyone's responses was overwhelming...definitely don't feel alone :-) Today is going to be a great day!!!!
Blessings to all of you!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-14, 08:21
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

You are not alone! We're all working toward the same basic goals and encouraging each other along the way is a great way to keep ourselves encouraged!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-14, 08:25
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi and Welcome! You've started well and I'm sure you will be able to continue well too.