Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 15:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 284/284/224 Male 6 feet 2 Inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default BBC Real Story Program....Truth or Rubbish you decide

I very new to this diet (one week and a 11 pounds lighter) I have just watching the BBC program Real Story on the Atkins diet.
I was amazed they had the Three Stooges to be the test subjects. It could have been worse they could of used Doctors to do this (they did) if you missed the program on how not to do the Atkins by the Three Stooges then you can see it again at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programm...ory/default.stm also you may wish to pass your comments on to the producer of the show.
I’m new to the diet but I did read the book and I certainly claim to know more that the doctors on the program who were bombastic and arrogant.
It a shame that a fine organisation like the BBC have let the people who pay there wages down.

I await your comments

BBC Real Story Program....Truth or Rubbish you decide
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 14:28

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/129/125 Female 163cm
BF:26
Progress: 95%

not related to the topic esox just asking where in Lancs are you? I'm in East Lancs, almost Burnley.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/177/150 Female 62.75''
BF:Shudder/Awful/Good
Progress: 53%

Two words: High Protein.

I severely doubt that cheating was the reason anyone was sick. More likely they didn't read the books and did not eat many of the wonderful high-fiber foods we are allowed (almonds, for example). Also, they may have been following the old Atkins Induction for a whole month (suicide). But there was no way, if they had actually followed Atkins, that it could have happened.