Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 240/190/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

>> Keeping your blood sugar down also keeps your triglycerides down (except when you are actively losing weight) <<

Nopie ---

Oh, no! EXCEPT when actively losing weight? Groan!

I would really like to get my triglycerides down. They were 235 in October. I have been very pleased with my FBG on the 6-12-12 plan (94 this morning, by far the lowest I have had in the past 10 years -- I used to be like your friend who was thrilled with a FBG of 140). I was really hoping the better BG control would lead to lower triglycerides. So your comment about "except when actively losing weight" was discouraging. But if this is true, so be it. I would rather know it now so I won't be disappointed when I go for my next labwork in January.

In the past when I have asked my doctors about lowering my triglycerides I have always been told that I am probably eating too much starch at night. I always reply that I don't eat ANY starch at any time of the day, but I don't think the doctors ever believed me. I have been struggling with moderate carb diets (ala Zone, around 100 grams a day) for several years. Until I started LC-ing at 6-12-12 I would never have believed it was possible for me to have FBG's below 100.

So you think I probably shouldn't hope for lowered triglycerides as long as I am actively losing weight? Even though my BG is so much better? (Please don't tell me they will go UP! )

Marjorie