Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 19:40

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Long-term success with medication or diet?

I was wondering if anyone had any success stories relating to getting rid of Candida long term. I am new to losing weight and Candida. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 08:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Not long term here but I'm definately feeling better after 4 mos of eating locarb with no cheese, mushrooms, or anything yeasty. And I've been taking garlic plus alternating between olive leaf, oil of oregano and Yeast Cleanse by Soloray. I also believe undenatured whey protein powder has helped with the die-off, selenium has helped tremendously with elimination. I didn't lose weight for the first 2 months and only after adding the selenium and whey was the toxin overload able to move. I also did a liver flush. I also take probiotics with inulin to feed them to reestablish the good bacteria in my gut. I feel great, except for die-off reactions every now and then, but welcome that as I know I'm killing the yeast. I like to take the anti-fungals at night to lessen the effects of the die-off, I have to chase a toddler around all day! I know I have a long way to go and will have to be careful for the rest of my life.
Anyone long term?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 16:08

Stats: 200/187/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosugarPLS
Not long term here but I'm definately feeling better after 4 mos of eating locarb with no cheese, mushrooms, or anything yeasty. And I've been taking garlic plus alternating between olive leaf, oil of oregano and Yeast Cleanse by Soloray. I also believe undenatured whey protein powder has helped with the die-off, selenium has helped tremendously with elimination. I didn't lose weight for the first 2 months and only after adding the selenium and whey was the toxin overload able to move. I also did a liver flush. I also take probiotics with inulin to feed them to reestablish the good bacteria in my gut. I feel great, except for die-off reactions every now and then, but welcome that as I know I'm killing the yeast. I like to take the anti-fungals at night to lessen the effects of the die-off, I have to chase a toddler around all day! I know I have a long way to go and will have to be careful for the rest of my life.
Anyone long term?

NoSugar,

I have been doing the Candida/Low Carb "diet" for 2 months now and I still haven't lost any weight. I'm happy to just be healing, but losing weight would be a bonus.

Where do you get your "undenatured whey protein powder" and how much selenium do you take?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 08:12
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

THis is the undenatured whey I bought, it's a good price and I bought a few things so the shipping wasn't so bad.

http://tinyurl.com/yj8nop
I mix it with coconut milk and stevia, inulin and maybe a couple frozen blueberries or pumpkin and cinnamon. I take my probiotics with it.
My holistic consultant says the optimal amount of selenium to take is between 200-600mcg, I take 400mcg.
I was sooooo constipated before and go everyday now! This 2 things helped me tremendously! and I'm not easily impressed.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 11:42

Stats: 200/187/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Thank you, I just completed my order
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 23:51

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

For me meds didn't work and the only thing that has is sticking to the diet, when I deviate, the rash shows up on my skin and all of the other symptoms return quickly.... But I've found that I have to continue eating off plan for more than one day for that to take place...
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 00:09

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 277/253/165 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 21%

What are anti-fungals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosugarPLS
Anyone long term?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 12:07
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Oil of Oregano, Garlic, tea tree oil, pau d'arco, grapefruit seed exttract, caprylic acid, ect....