Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/319/165 Female 67 inches
BF:54.2/52/25
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up Eating stir-fried noodles, in ketosis, and losing weight!

Hi guys,

I thought I'd share my new high with you especially after last week's awfully abysmal post. I'm getting over my scale, repeating like a mantra that that the scale is just a machine and I'm the one with ultimate control.

I really want to share with you about the wonderful food I've just started eating.

It's called glucomannan. I recently got both the glucomannan noodles and powder in the mail and started using it on wednesday. I was scared because I felt the product was too good to be true. Imagine real noodles with nothing in them but 3 grams of carbs all of which are soluble fiber grams.

I was tentative at first but having eaten them every day from Wednesday to now and still being in Ketosis and being 2 lbs down (my lowest weight since resuming this WOE on August 18) I'm ready to shout it from the roof tops. For anyone who's still craving the texture of real noodles this is the WTG. The noodles are bland and absorb whatever flavor you use with them. I had Singapore noodles with Avocado on the side for lunch today.

What's real great about the glucomannan is that it seems to fill me up more than regular food and I haven't had any cravings. Even forgot to pack my macadamias for snacking today and I don't really miss them.

Anyhoo, enough preaching about this product which btw is quite expensive and the shipping cost is also very very high, that's my only complaint but all in all I feel it's worth it.

Check out their webpage at http://www.konjacfoods.com/ or post any questions you have and I'll try to answer them.

Nicckkii
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 19:14

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I believe they're also called "shirataki" noodles...and our local Asian food market as well as the new low carb store here carry them in their refrigerated section. It's not expensive; one package is about $1.49 at the low carb place; a little cheaper at the Asian store. I noticed you're in not in the US or Asia, and that probably accounts for the difference in prices. If you do, however, have any access to low-carb foods or Asian-type markets, please check them out....you might be pleasantly surprised!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 01:24
Registered Member

Believe me, I've gone to every little Asian market, supermarket or pharmacy I could find looking for these but to date none of them have it or seem willing to order. My only source is the konjacfoods website.
Nicckkii
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 14:41

Stats: 290/238/185 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

I guess similar to other fibre supplements, ya need to be a little careful with Konjac. Konjac Candy Choking Risk

Konjac Info

Do a little searching and there are other sources, some are mostly in Japanese though I guess :>)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 08:28

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

huh? I dont understand why the links to kids who choked on candy?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 08:41

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Well, I'm stoping by the low carb store tonight to try and find these. At least it seems to be lower carbs than my Keto Mac and Cheese, which is a once a week meal every week! Thanks for the info!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 08:44
Registered Member

Thanks for the information Brownious but I think you're a bit confused. What you've described is a sweet candy like gel thingy that I've actually had before and whiche is very cheap and easy to find and sugary and hence not Atkins legal anyway. What I'm talking about is real noodles, look like noodles taste like noodles etc I don't think the choking risk there is any higher than say eating... NOODLES .

Yup Wenzday I was a little stumped by that too but I guess there's no harm in a little extra information.

Nicckkii
Nicckkii
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 08:46
Registered Member

I hope you find em J, they're really good and I ate them 4 days straight (didn't have any yesterday) and continue to be in Ketosis.

Good Luck.

Nicckkii