Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-11, 13:37
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Heavy Metal Detox after Candida

HI everyone

I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but I've been busy trying to figure out what caused the candida and, now that it's gone, why I still am showing symptoms that I used to think must be the candida.

The answer is . . . it looks as though metal toxicity often underlies candida problems. I read that in a book by Dr Rona before I began my candida cleanse with my practitioner and I remember distinctly saying "The book says to detox any heavy metals first because candida usually masks a heavy metal issue" and I remember the practitioner saying "Let's just deal with the candida first".

So we did and now he's retired (he was generally good, but i disagreed with him on that point and possibly rightly so in retrospect) and I'm now working with his successor but it looks as though I also have all the symptoms of heavy metal (most likely nickel) toxicity and allergy.

I have to go for tests Wednesday next week and then we'll know more, but I'm pretty upset about this one. I mean, I thought I might actually get better now that the candida was gone, but it didn't quite work that way. I am a LOT better without the candida, but as I said, a lot of the other symptoms that I thought were candida-related weren't just that.

I figured I'd post this here to see whether anyone else has experience of heavy metal detox, or at the very least as a warning to all those who also have candida, so that they can investigate their heavy metal status as well.

All the best,

Annajen XX
Sponsored Links