Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#721   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-22, 04:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lost Again. yea I know that carb poisoned feeling. It isn't nice but I sure hope you don't crave the next days. Back on plan is key and just hold it and you should ride thru fine!

E39, yea boredom eating is hard to change....well it was for me. I was a tv eater for sure! I had to fight with it for a while but eventually I broke that bad habit and you will too. You keep working it and you will get out of that habit also!!

what worked best for me was my current eating plan in that I literally found nutrition for my body and I just was not hungry eating my plan so once I got 'hunger under control' I also found no snacks or eating late with tv just wasn't something I wanted to do anymore. So keep eating well and you will hit your sweet spot in changing your body to help you change your habits

---------------for me just plugging along.
Winter time I slug out. I go into hibernate mode. Being an outdoor person the cold shuts me down. I swear I am not moving hardly at all other than normal daily stuff.

I tried forcing some of my old walking dvds and exercise tapes but omgosh I hate them HAHA I just feel like I need to move.

So I am kinda in that zone of what to do ya know. I am not one to put on tons of clothes to go for a walk outside in the cold, nope ain't doing it LOL

Might wander around the Youtube channels and see if there is some kind of video on some exercise that might interest me. I don't know, just feel I should be moving more but nothing is interesting to me enough to do it but will work on it and see what I come up with.

Hold strong everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 17:19

BF:

Everyone doing well....I am
  #723   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 21:27

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Karen. Maybe you can find a video you like on YouTube. I've been able to find just about anything there.

I hear you on the cold weather, it is hard to get out there!!
  #724   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 08:18

BF:

Lost Again, sorry I missed this post

yea I tried Paul B for over age 50 ladies on youtube videos where she does a 30 day workout that progresses from super easy to harder a bit but my friend does it and loves it, for me I got annoyed and over it real fast HAHA

I do like Leslie Sandone on those walking workouts but I did those before and kinda am tired of them.

I am just not one of those who has the patience truly to do the exercise vids and more.......but I wish I was, but also I think I could change me a bit to 'just do it!' but my lazy winter cold and wanna hibernate and not move side takes over LOL

Summer I move every minute of the day, swim, kayak, hike, bike, outside chores I love, inside house chores I hate ---do everything outside at all times ya know....winter I shut down cause I despise the darn cold.

What exercise do you do? Like anything that is one of those things that suits you like jogging or more? You couldn't get me to jog for a million bucks HAHA

---------today is super simple
pork chops and NY Strip steak
done deal. More simple I keep my food life the better I function
  #725   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-22, 07:01

BF:

Easter is looming but as a holiday we don't put much into it anymore as some kind of eating feast so no issues on that day looming ahead.

Valentines means nothing from a holiday standpoint to us here too and no desire for candy so got that covered LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.
  #726   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-22, 11:13

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dear Holiday Help Group

This is such an important group. I let the holiday of Halloween de rail me till January.then I had New Years Day and started my low carb diet then after a week or two I had one bad burger with pickles and should have made eggs or made steak but instead I went off plan and gained back then weight I had lost . I have decided tomorrow I am going back to carnivore and/keto low carb it is the only thing that works for me because
1) no joint pain no cravings no calorie counting no mood swings no depression and … FAST WEIGHT LOSS

And that is really the number one reason.

I HOPE AND PRAY you will accept me back
  #727   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-22, 06:40

BF:

there is no asking to come back, of course you can come back

Are you still off plan or on plan right now?

Key to it all E is eat big meats. They satisfy. They kill hunger. They nourish the body. They heal/repair the hormones in the body and control that blood sugar.

You keep meat/seafood fish and fowl as the biggest focus in your eating at all times and you gain control. We need that control, every darn one of us to keep a healthy body. If not we eat anything we can get our hands on LOL I know I did HAHA

So just chill, eat big meats you love! and keep that in your mind at all times. When hungry you are allowed to eat all the meats you need to make ya happy and if you want 'some LC foods' keep those as that tiny side thing to the big meats.

You got this!!! You will be ok. Sometimes we have to go round and round til we get off that ferris wheel into a new direction....so keep firm in knowing change will set and be normal for you when you find your controls to work with you best Sometimes it takes a while to find what suits us best but ya will.
  #728   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 05:58

BF:

since I do carnivore I am doing beef and water only this month for a bit of an experiment on me.

now I am wanting chicken and pork and I am only into day 8
HAHA
omg the minute I can't have something I want it LOL

but even if I have some wings or ribs, it ain't like it isn't carnivore so....yea I might All going well on plan.
just doing my thing. hope everyone is holding their plans well!
  #729   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-22, 11:40
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey all! Just popping in to see how things are shakin' here. I'm back on track to some extent, but I know how easy it is for things to fall apart for me.
  #730   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 05:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
Hey all! Just popping in to see how things are shakin' here. I'm back on track to some extent, but I know how easy it is for things to fall apart for me.

HI
glad your doing well but remember forget the fall apart, think ONLY positives, like on plan and gonna stay there, digging in deeper and more committed for change, loving the way I feel on plan and not giving it up! A little cheerleading never hurt anyone, especially when it do it for ourselves
  #731   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 15:59
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Well... I like thinking positive, but I'm also a realist. LOL Yeah.. I know. I'm actually thinking different now than I have been before. I actually don't have a real plan to fall off of. Yeah, I'm mostly Low Carb, but am taking a different approach of working through every food I eat and getting used to making decisions on if the food is good for me or not. Asking if this is the best decision I can make right now, etc. It's different, but we will see if it works. What I've been doing for the last 15 years hasn't worked, so maybe this will.
  #732   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 23:07

BF:

Hey Karen it’s me I’m doing well

I’m definitely am noticing when I cook my own meat it does nourish me more, tastes better and I feel fuller longer! That being said if my parents want to take me to a fancy steakhouse I definitely will left them! Lol

I am down over 5 pounds already and feel great !

I think for me I had to go back to low carb because I was not only gaining weight but the inflammation it was causing in my body was not helping me but hindering me and when I gain a lot of weight I lose my confidence and have to pretend to feel pretty instead of actually feeling pretty. I am journaling every day and try positive self talk. I am wearing clothes that fit me to work (my larger dresses that fit nice ) not super tight clothes and I’m still wearing make up and jewelry. The way I am looking at this year for me is this is the last year I lose this weight and keep it off for good!
My daughter has her special 13th ceremony in November
I also have my follow up appointment with my hip surgeon in June
And I don’t want him to see me heavier than I was at my last appointment so my mini goal is 137 lbs by June. I am 168 lbs now yikes!! Oh well .. Just keep on trucking right!
I’m definitely having more energy on low carb
I’m still taking a lot of vitamins and supplements
I just wanna make sure even though I’m not eating fruits and vegetables I’m still taking certain supplements
Just in case I need them in my diet
It is called natures treasures by consult health but no carbs or calories I don’t think and when I use them up I probably won’t order them for awhile.

Question about Flank steak

I normally don’t eat it but I saw someone buying it at Whole Foods
And it actually looks good at the counter and cheaper than my filet mignon tenderloin. How would I cook flank steak it looks pretty thin
Should I use my frying pan or the George Foreman?
I don’t even think I could stick a meat thermometer in it it’s so thin!
  #733   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-22, 05:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
Asking if this is the best decision I can make right now, etc. It's different, but we will see if it works. What I've been doing for the last 15 years hasn't worked, so maybe this will.

I like that. Nothing like a real conversation with yourself about what food goes in your gob and is it truly something that suits you well or not.
Just be true to you Believe me lowjax I had tons of convos with myself!! Sometimes talking to ourselves is key to our change so you keep on doing what you are doing for sure!

--------------E sounds like you are doing very well. More power to you, hold the course. Yea flank is great. Key on it is sear outside high heat, keep the steak very rare mostly. Cut very thin --cut across the grain on a slight diagonal. It really is a delish meat for sure.

My filet prices are scary now. I stopped buying, just too pricey. Special occasion, sure but with prices like they are, learning to cook other meats is a plus to save some in the wallet
  #734   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-22, 13:15

BF:

Hey Karen

So this week I’ve been having eggs and cheese and I’ve been having a lot of Wendy’s double stack
I am using sugar free steak sauce a little bit

I’m doing well lots of energy and feel great
I was 168.6 today (it took all week to lose the weight I gained super bowl weekend!)

Now no more cheating most very very low carb if I can help it
I have NOT been eating my low-carb ice cream at night
I have really been telling myself if I am still hungry after 9:30 pm to eat meat or eggs or drink unsweetened decaf tea

I want to lose weight for

1) follow up appt with my hip surgeon in June
2) summer at my pool club (now that my coworker joined the gym he will see me in a bathing suit in summer)
3) my friends wedding or bachelorette party October this year
4) my daughters bat mitzvah Nov 5th and special service Nov 4th
5) for dating maybe down the line
6) to get in my old dresses I love so much
7) to Become a carnivore coach maybe ??
  #735   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-22, 06:55

BF:

E you have a great list of motivation to move your foward. That is good, to concentrate on some goals you want to hit for your weight loss and hit milestones.

Glad you are on plan and doing so well.