Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 10:46

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

I agree Bawdy. I don't plan to go much higher than 1250. After stabilizing for a while, I might even try to lower to 1000 cal and see if I can lose the rest of my surplus weight that way. That would be so much nicer than going back to that low fat diet, lol.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 10:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Fauve, sounds like a good plan. Today I'm up to 1250! That seems like so much after shooting for 500 for so long. I know that I'm going to be pushed to climb up to 1800 or even 2000 or more, and I don't know that I want to do that. I mean, if you can get your nutrition (fats and protein) within 1250 or 1500 calories, why choose to eat a bunch of veggies and fruit (READ: Carbs = Sugar) just to raise the calories to an arbitrary number?

I don't know if you use My Plan or not but all the steak cuts in it have all the fat trimmed off. If I eyeball the fat, or weigh it, and stick it into my daily calories as "oil" I seem to have NO problem meeting my daily 1700 calorie goal.

Between that, my salad dressing and eating avocado, it is pretty easy. Oh yeah, my peperonata which has a lot of butter and garlic infused EVOO in it. YUM!

If you're a dairy product eater, then this should be super easy for you. I'm trying to limit mine to sheep cheese and only a tiny amount.
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 11:02
Experimenter

BF:
Default More calories = Warmer!

I notice how much warmer I am when my calories get closer to 1700. I'm going to have to put my silk comforter from China away. I kept waking up too warm last night. Of course, the nights are getting a little warmer here now, but when I was lower in calories I could lay down with that comforter on me, fully dressed, thick furry, microfiber robe on top of that comforter and still be a tad cold... in a 68' house. Right now, I've got the microfiber robe on and the house is 68' and I'm too warm.

#124   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 11:53

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

ate clean P3 yesterday (P2 eating with fat) topped out at around 1550 calories and 68% fat....dropped 1.2 lbs so back within 2lbs of LDW but only just barely.

doing another clean P3 today but adding goat cheese to see if I react.
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I don't know if you use My Plan or not but all the steak cuts in it have all the fat trimmed off.
was it me that couldn't find ny strips in myplan? are they in there somewhere?
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 12:13
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
was it me that couldn't find ny strips in myplan? are they in there somewhere?

You can always enter it in as a custom food. I think a lot of times the same cuts have different names depending on where you buy them.

You could probably use a porterhouse instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_steak
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 19:41

BF:

I have a question regarding insulin level. I just got my last test result, blood was taken on Friday, at the end of a five-week phase with HCG, thus very low calorie, very low carb. I was expecting to get very low level of insulin. Test shows 96.7 pmol/L. The normal range is 15-130, so it is considered normal; but I find it very high. How come? Do you understand any of this? I don't. Thanks.
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 19:55
Experimenter

BF:

I'm the same way. Despite low carbing and all, I still have highish fasting insulin levels. Pisses me off!
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 21:26

BF:

Oh gosh Nancy, same here!
And another thing, new studies show that cholesterol levels are not influenced by food. So how come mine went down after P2?
I so wish I could find a knowledgeable doctor to help me through all this. I would pay good money to finally get all systems working properly.
Today I ate 1065 calories. I was shooting for 1000, went a bit higher. 71% fat, 28 % protein, just a little carb in the one egg this morning. Scared to see what the scale will tell tomorrow.
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 21:36
Experimenter

BF:

Someone posted... think it was Maile, about cholesterol being lowered by hcg and thyroid issues improved.

I hope your transition goes as well as mine. My scale didn't really budge. It was only when I started getting above 1500 calories I started seeing it go up a tad.

I've cut back on the carbs more now. I decided I didn't HAVE to have a strawberry sorbet every day.

Does anyone notice how much better their response to fullness is? Man, I sure do! It's been broken forever on me.
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 21:54

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Nancy, one thing I noticed after both of my successful P3s was that my typical "I am never full" response to food went away.

For years, I have been the one who could literally eat nonstop all day and all night and never feel full. I think that is one reason I would stall out on LC. I simply ate too much LC food, because I never felt full. (I wasn't necessarily hungry, I just wasn't ever full.)

Yet at some point after my second hcg round, at some point once I stabilized in P3, I realized that my appetite was markedly decreased. I would stop eating while food was still available, just because I had no more desire to keep eating. And that was something completely new to me.

Before, if I made a 20 ounce steak, I would eat a 20 ounce steak. If I made a dozen devilled eggs, I would eat a dozen devilled eggs. If I opened a can of nuts, I would eat a can of nuts. And then one day I realized I'd been snacking on the same small can of salted pecans for a week and it was still half full. That was the moment I realized that I really would be able to maintain my losses.
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-11, 22:03
Experimenter

BF:

Wow! I haven't tried anything like salted nuts yet. That would be amazing if I could just stop eating them.

I had about a 6-7 oz steak tonight and only ate half. I have lemon egg custard and deviled eggs in the fridge... don't want them. Strange!
  #133   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-11, 06:44

Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

And I"m somewhere in between Ducky and Nancy. I've never been able to eat a 20-oz steak. About a 12-oz steak has always been my limit. The last two nights I had one 12-oz steak in two servings (6-oz each night). While I would have enjoyed the entire 12-oz steak each night, I have to say I was satisfied with the 6-oz serving.

As for my progress . . . I can't believe I'm DOWN today!!! I was DOWN 1.6 pounds since yesterday, which brings me in a solid 2.0 pounds BELOW LDW!!! And a total loss of 24.8 pounds since January 1 ! ! ! ! !!

Yesterday’s goal was to raise the calories to 1249. Done and dusted. Today I raise the calories to 1500. It’s very difficult for me to raise the calories without also raising the protein amount (Biz wants me to keep the protein down to 75 grams, even if I have more than 2000 calories).

I don’t like avocados at ALL. Blech. Nor do I like mayo. I adore butter, heavy cream, and sour cream (especially on scrambled eggs with salsa). I’m not having cheese or nuts yet, per Biz, though I did ask that question today in Boot Camp. I know I could add at least 100 calories by adding 1 more serving of both fruit and veggie today, but not interested.

I might even start getting sneaky and splitting my veggies into two "servings," like saying I had a salad with both lunch and dinner when in fact I had only one salad.

Still figuring out the menu for today.

No sour cream in the house, but now that I'm thinking of it, I know have a recipe for 80%-Fat Pancakes, which would be good in the mornings. I'll have to get sour cream when I'm out today.
  #134   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-11, 06:52

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Excellent news on the weight front Bawdy. I also adore butter, but I need something to eat it on/with. I could never be a butter snacker.

Where do you stand on olives?
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-11, 07:03

Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Blech!!!!!