Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-23, 17:01

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I won't take the bone drugs either. DH git me some small weights. To start.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-07-23, 04:10

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I’ve added information to my Journal and Success Story about my Two year follow-up on a Bone Density Scan. Then Remembered there was this thread on Osteoporosis. I now have more accurate results from a high protein and nutrient diet than just the fact I didn’t injure myself falling hard on a cement floor.

Going back to post #20 here about my changing to a Higher Protein Diet, the results of eating more protein, dietary calcium, supporting minerals, NOT fasting (longer than 16 hours), and more exercise have been very positive. Risk of fracture now 9.6%, down from 13.2%.

Success story post: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...624#post9445624

Also in Journal Posts #106-109

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, May-07-23 at 07:03.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-15-23, 05:37

Plan: LC
Stats: 170/129.8/125 Female 5'1.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I have been more faithful about taking my d3 and k2. I will probably just forgo my next dexa bone scan. I have a feeling big pharma is making big $ off the results! My fracture score was only 10% when my GP recommended the Prolia injections, um no thanks. I have read way too many stories on other forums where women with no fractures who get these scans and are told they have osteoporosis, many of them are runners, power walkers and were already doing resistance training! I will be more consistent with my resistance training but have always done something in the way of exercise.I lost a lot of my weight without counting macros but the last few pounds required required lower fat and watching calories😊
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-17-23, 12:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Jean, This new bone scan from the radiologist not only changed the name of osteopenia to Low Bone Mass, but the Z score or age-matched score was removed from the Radiologist's summary.
The other body composition scan I had did include a z-score so I have it. Funny things going on. Obviously a 72 year old is going to have less dense bones than a 29 year old. A FRAX score of 10% seems pretty low to me too, even if your doctor and his drug rep would disagree.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, May-18-23, 04:52

Plan: LC
Stats: 170/129.8/125 Female 5'1.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Wow. I know my GP had told me to make sure I had my bone scan done at the same facility using the same machine but there is always the interpretation of the radiologist to consider. If I have another scan in the future I will watch for changes in the wording.