Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1561   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 04:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori and her golfing beers I know you have fun out on that course still even if one is not to your liking in its design. Hubby sure had courses he loved and others he wouldn't play again.

Oh that is great you do give it away. See my hubby cooks his but alot of his deer was made into burger with alot just made into smaller thinner cut steasks too so that way I fed him deer burgers thru the year and he loved it. The steaks he would marinate in different things and experiment.

Your DHs deer sounds like my hubby's fish. ugh. He catches trout and in the freezer they go. Only to eat like 1 and the others I end up throwing away in about a year when I feel like it LOL He filets up catfish and others, eats a tiny bit then finds he has 0 interest in it. I kinda put my food down to how many fish he keeps now. Rest he throws back. I can't abide by harvesting and then not using it to that level. I tried to give trout and others away but no one wants them basically LOL I don't think there are a ton of fish fans out here in the south other than someone wants a big ol' mess of crappie or catfish for a big ol' southern fish fry. ugh

waiting on Nicco and Jazz update

------------today is do this and that.
usual crap LOL wish the sun would shine. still foggy as heck out there and I think rain is clearing out a bit for more to come. bleck

I got shrimp in my sights today. pair up with steak probably and burgers as other food when wanted.

rock on everyone, seems like this holiday season is flying by truly. I got some small presents for kiddo but heck she don't want nothing. which is good and hubby needs nothing so will be an easy xmas in shop this year.

Xmas. wow it just doesn't feel anything like a holiday season is coming at all. got 0 festive in the air feeling...huh. even saw tons of xmas stuff in the store and dismissed it. like, nope...ain't bothering HA oh well maybe some xmas will rise up and boot me in the butt or something
Sponsored Links
  #1562   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 07:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up at stupid o'clock again this morning. This time change is really messing with me......as if I didn't already get up too early! Sigh.....

Concentrating on getting 3-5 lbs off this month. That will put me below my goal of 150. I like to maintain between 150-155, but I need some wiggle room over the holidays. I was 153.2 this morning, so I'm in my range and have been for a long time. Nothing short of a miracle the way I've been eating and drinking.

Speaking of holidays.....ugh. I'm not sure what is expected of me, but I don't want to do anything. For the past few years, we've been going to DS & DDIL's house for Thanksgiving, but now that they have split up, that's off the table. I used to cook a big meal with all the trimmings, but I'm just not interested in doing it anymore. I hope DH doesn't push the issue. I guess I should feel guilty about it, but that's a wasted emotion. DH knows how to get me to do it.....he'll say "Well fine, I'll do it!" Yeah right. I should call his bluff sometime and just tell him ok and let me know what time to be at the table for dinner!
If I'm forced into it, I will buy an already prepared meal and sit it on the table. Have at it. Wish I could enjoy all the holiday stuff....being an adult responsible for making it nice for everyone else just makes me nuts. Enough of that.

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. I really should get out for a walk after Betty's caregiver & I are finished at 11. We'll see. We had rain overnight, but clear now and supposed to get near 70.

That's it from here. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Nov-07-22 at 07:28.
  #1563   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 08:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, Pals!

It's another freakishly warm November day here in Maryland. I believe it's already 70° and going up to 75 today? So bizarre! I'm doing a meals on wheels route today so it'll be fun to drive around with my windows open and just enjoy the sunny day as I pop in and out of the car. This afternoon I'm meeting a friend of a friend and she apparently is interested in possibly becoming a postpartum Doula so I have information to share with her. Look at me getting out of my comfort zone!

Trig, I love your comment about your daughter will probably be calling you for help and you will go and help. How nice is that? I think you'll be surprised at how well she does. She's going to be an independent one like her mama!

Lori I'm sorry golf wasn't that fun for you yesterday. Hopefully at least the hanging out afterward was.
I have been enjoying the Swiss steak – I ate it again last night for dinner. It's super yummy. I've thrown some lima beans in and I'm just enjoying it in a bowl. I don't have a point of reference for it being an any other way so I'm not missing anything! I might add a few green beans too. I'd like to book it up a little bit more and I have to be pretty easy on the lima beans because I love them but they are carby.

Jaz waiting for your check in and guessing we will cross post today.

Anyway everything is good today. I've already shared my plans. Football is tonight and will be watching that. I'm going to get ready and go out and enjoy the day. Y'all have a good one!
  #1564   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 15:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Ladies, so sorry for late check in.

I got some bombshell news I am processing with all the issues and balls in the air.

Are you sitting down because I am SIDESWIPPED. I am vacating/ moving out of my apt, end of Dec. Truly moving, with no place on radar as I just got notified this morning.

Can't remember if I told ya all or not about the subfloors between this apt and the one upstairs. It is horrible to listen to them walk. Like bowling balls dropping. Anyway, this situation has been ongoing. A few months ago the complex hired contractors to come out and inspect. Then they hired a second on to do the same. Both reports came back there are 5 apts in this building alone with dangerous and rotting subfloors. IE...... the neighbors could end up in my living room at any given time.

To streamline this entire process, all of us effected need places as they can't work with tenants as they will need to open the flooring and replace it all. So we all need to:
Relocate within the complex or leave. Bottom line.

For me a move is a move is a move is a move. They offered all of us upgrades to larger apts through the end of our leases at the same price or leave with no fees breaking the lease as it was not my choice.
One of my friends told me another tenant left and got moving expenses paid. She works in the office and kept is pretty hush- but said because I am being displaced due to code violations I have an upper have for a few $$.

I JUST put up my tree, and I tossed my moving boxes as I hoped to BE HERE for at least a year. Oh hell to the no. THE universe said not here. So, I ask for ZERO rent for December as that is a 2k- bill. That will buy me time to:
Find another place and pack up again and stick my crap in storage AGAIN!

Moving is $$$$$ and I am pisst, and relieved that the lease for 2k until July is over and I can find something more affordable. I got this place based on a 6-figure income. I am pretty sure they will not charge me for Dec. But yet to hear confirmation. I will need to be OUT by Dec. 31. Right over Christmas.

Holy Crap- I was not prepped for this at all. Didn't see this coming.

Piece of good news- 2 interviews Wed- remote anywhere GA. Both look great!

So - total unexpected upheaval-

So sorry all about me. I just have so nothing to even say. I am just sorta numb right now. Trying to think if car big enough for me and Ruger.......... kidding......... not. Holy shit. I will figure this out. I always do .

tomorrow new day.

Believe it or not- I am so on WOE. Meat and wine today (lite wine). Don't judge....... I truly am pretty upset. I just put up a tree (table top) but I am------------- NO WORDS.
But hey- not going off rails WOE- I need my wits here. this is serious.

Personals tomorrow. Forgive me. Dam if I don't draw the short stick on drama.
  #1565   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 16:25

BF:

OMG Jaz.....what can possibly be next to go wrong for you!!!!!! So sorry you're having to deal with all this, but you will land on your feet and come up smiling. I sure hope one of the job interviews come through with something perfect. Keep us posted as you can!

---------

I ordered a dietary supplement called Greens & Reds since I don't eat many veggies. It is supposed to be good for gut health...both pro & prebiotics. It just came today and it is quite good. I got the pineapple flavor and you just mix a scoop with water. It is sweetened with Stevia, but one glass a day will not be hard to take. You can taste the greens, but I don't mind it. I also got something called Kickstart which is turmeric, ginger and I don't know what else. I'll try that in the morning. I hope I don't react to the ginger as I suspected that's what caused me problems with the Kombucha....who knows.

Anyway, had a lazy afternoon instead of going out walking like I should have. Sigh......Betty's care was a bit involved today and I was spent till I got home.

See you all tomorrow!
  #1566   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 17:20

BF:

Quote:
OMG Jaz.....what can possibly be next to go wrong for you!!!!!! So sorry you're having to deal with all this, but you will land on your feet and come up smiling. I sure hope one of the job interviews come through with something perfect. Keep us posted as you can!
-
Trust me I don't even want to know what is worse. But you know I seem to be getting tested by fire right now. I am still processing this damage right now. Can you just fathom being told- you have 7 weeks to MOVE out of the blue. Granted I was not happy with the amount of rent, but was waiting for a JOB before I said bye bye! I can't even rent an apt, now unless I get a job. Fingers crossed for Wed!

Sorry- will stop talking about me.

Glad all is well with everyone! Truly- we are blessed.
  #1567   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-22, 19:16

BF:

Oh Jaz, just a million hugs coming to you right now. That is really very stressful!!
  #1568   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-22, 03:03

BF:

Jazz, huh? what the hell? omg reading that was insane.
yea can't imagine being pushed to move in that short amt of time over a friggin' holiday season! WOWZA

good news is those 2 interviews that are remote in GA. you get one offered you take it I would think that way ya got a job to put on an application for next home.

girl go back to your beachy area. Scour all options to get back into a fine area you wanna live and adore.

Have you considered 'a hotel' with long term stay? Any of those around? Price wise can they 'be decent' and that way you don't have to 'set up a new home' til ya get yourself some toughts under your belt and not pushed so much to find a new home on the fly? Just curious, no idea if that would work in any way. Should kinda some pet friendly? again no idea, just throwing it out.

heavens you got crap thrown at ya fast on this one! wow

--------------today is simple day
this and that. omg kiddo is failing French again. Must have for acceptance into college. She says she is doing the work, talking with teacher and hopefully we can get shit graded in good fashion to find out how her grade stands.......I tell ya...ugh....kill me please HAHA
ugh

whatever. talk time today with her and she says the work is done and just not graded. pull hair out time for me on this one HA

over and out!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Nov-08-22 at 06:18.
  #1569   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-22, 06:05

BF:

Good Morning!

DH off hunting at his local spot so I'm going to go get Betty her breakfast here in a little bit. I'll go vote and then pop up to see her. I have some other errands to run today too. I want to hit up a country store here for some items and also hit up Aldi. Probably my main grocery store(Giant) too. I'll be throwing $$ all over the county today!

----------

Jaz.....Your head must be spinning with details you need to cover. What a freakin' mess. Tackle one thing at a time and you'll get thru and land at some place perfect for you.

Trig....Oh boy....French problems again? I hope she can catch up and get it handled without too much hassle. It's always something, right?

Nic....Haven't these temps been crazy? I've been loving it, but reality is rushing towards us. A couple days this week and then November will really be here.

-----------

Took my Kickstart & Greens & Reds this morning. I should be zooming around here at any minute. Maybe another cup of coffee will do the trick.
  #1570   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-22, 08:05

BF:

Good Morning all!

Rough night of sleep. But you know, thank goodness I am strong and healthy (knocking on wood) and will get through whatever. It could be worse. I am battling circumstances right now that I do have the power to control somewhat.

I am feeling lost right now in this thread over my bombshell. So I will pick up from what I saw yesterday and today.

Trig- OMG over French! In a way I really do not see the "need" for a second language to get into college, but what do I know? Second French is flat out a hard one to get! They do this thing with their tongues and make a funny R sound. It is beautiful to hear people speak it. They could call you all sorts of names and smile and we would be like THANKS!!!! Yeah like that!
Sorry though you gotta have "THAT" talk with kiddo. Thing is we all gotta jump through those hoops life gives us. We may not understand the WHY, but we know the outcome.
I think this truly is maybe the first learning lesson of adulthood. She might be bucking the stupidity of it, but she needs to see this is just the start. There will be many "French" classes along the way. She just needs to dig in and get it done and move on to what she wants. She will. She is one tough cookie, that kiddo of yours!

Nic- I almost took out my phone and wanted to snap a pic at the Kroger yesterday over crab legs. You all would have laughed over it. SO, SAD! There were 3 and a HALF "clusters in the case. All were missing legs, one was in half, and all were skinny! Pitiful- at 14.99. Yeah- NOPE! Moved on to pot roast section.

I saw you did the WOE reset! How's it going? It is so frustrating to sit and spin, thinking you are eating right. Then along comes the bounce house. It takes FOREVER to lose it and seconds to pile it on! Keep going, one day at a time!

You are now back in MD in the "Big House". What going on up there? You decorating yet?

Lori- - wowsa on that cluster of nice days! I heard that up in your neck of the woods you are breaking temp records! That is great! You can just keep playing your game as long as the weather lets you!

Your DH out hunting again? Does he always go with somebody? Funny, all these hunters think they are going to EAT what they catch! So, gross! You need to give him a fishing pole! Now we are talking!!!!

I am shocked that Betty is holding her own. It must have been those beef and noodles you gave her. Beefed her up a bit!

Yup I am voting today too! I should have gone earlier, but now I have to suck it up and stand in line. My bad on that one, we had early voting too!

Hey if you go to Aldie's they have those Egg life wraps. I like the Southwestern ones! They are cheaper there than anywhere else.
--------------------------------------------------------------

So today is just so busy. I got up again at 4:30 in a panic over a fast move again!
I am good with moving on a dime, if I know it's coming. I didn't see this moving coming so fast. However, it is not a bad thing. The rent on this apt is horrible at 2K NOT including utilities. I was going to get a few bucks saved though before having to move out. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I just need to put the foot on the pedal.

I am thinking AGAIN, of putting stuff in storage for a few months. Building up some $$$ and then trying again to find a little place I want to go.

Trust me if given the opportunity to get a remote anywhere in GA I am taking that job. I will shut up, not complain, and be grateful for a change! LOLOLOLOLOL I know I had to laugh at that one too!
My interview is Wed. I then was told if it goes well they will make an offer in 24 hours. GOOD NEWS, at least I will know. The pay they are offering is not stellar. However, it comes with full benefits, Healthcare, 401, and option to work from anywhere= priceless! I even look at the saving of not having to put Ruger in doggie day at 500.00 a month as savings! I count it!

Ruger is not yet to the point of being able to "hold it" all day, Bella was. Not only that, but Ruger is also much more active and needs walks, play, ect than Bella. She slept all day and "woke up" when I got home and no worries. She was golden that way.
I really didn't worry about her the way I do Ruger. He is just still so puppy, and into everything! I have given him short periods where I leave him. I have gotten to 4 hours. He did good! So, it is coming along, but he def. needs walking and play.

So, back to the move. See how I get distracted! So, putting stuff in storage. I am thinking about using the Nurse Finders app. I use when traveling. They rent for 3 months and everything is included. They rent to nurses. I have found some great places on there and they don't charge and arm and leg. They are doing it for the $$, but also to assist nursing to be able to travel. There is also no "application fees, admin fees ect".
I can't use an extended stay, or motel when I get that job I want. I need to be able to plug in a hard wire to a modem, hotels don't have that. It is mandatory for security for the position. So there is that. Plus, those motels can really add up, and most are sketchy at best!
I will find a place and have it sealed up by the end of the month!

Today is voting, dog nails trimmed, and errands. Then back here to "hunt".

Tomorrow is interviews, and more job hunting. At some point I need to think about my requirements for my licensure. I have until Jan. Saving that for a rainy day! Not today- NEXT.

WOE- Hovering and stalled here at low. What I am NOT going to do is eat out of frustration, or angst. I am keeping the straight and narrow on this one. I feel so much better when dealing with life when my eating is clean.

Menu: Today- Pot Roast in Ipot. Will sear up in butter and then pressure cook. The roast looks really good. YUM!

That is it for this moment! - Always changing it seems.......
  #1571   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-22, 18:15

BF:

Hey folks!

Lori, lovely pic you shared via email. So pretty!

Jaz- I'll definitely be thinking of you and sending the best vibes for tmrw that something comes through that will be workable for you.

Trig- definitely sounds like the teacher probably hasn't updated grading etc since assignments were turned in. I know the stress and remember it well!

All is fine here. On plan and just sort of stepping along one day at a time.
Heading back to DE tmrw and DH is also heading out tmrw night to join me.
No tree up at the MD house as of yet but there is a bald tree up in DE. DH will put the tinsel on for me (I can't reach) and then I will happily decorate it!
  #1572   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-22, 04:53

BF:

Hang in there Jazz. your timeline is short to handle all this but also you got super experience handling this type of move in a way.....you done big moves fast before, hear ya go again but you will be ok!

Nicco, nope on grades. emailed teach and chatted. Kiddo flat out lied to me. She said work done and submitted and she did nothing. tons of 0 score work. nada. I 'found' where I check submitted work etc on her student portal website and saw all the lies in my face right to me. I tell ya she got a 'talk too last' night and she didn't enjoy it one bit. I left her with deer in headlights look on her face. Key being she is going on 18 ya know. can't threaten much HAHA but I tried.

basically I said if you can't get into college cause ya failed this course again.....if you think staying home with ME IS gonna be some cake walk you got another thing coming! Yea, do a yr at community college but she will have a part time job with that school work, she will do her own laundry, feed herself and DO some real chores around this home too. I said you want real life you will get it in spades. EH, I don't know if that talk will work to put any type of fire under her butt but I tried LOL
I tell ya...come on. Lies I can't abide at all and it is flat out lies to me. That curls my toes to no end ya know...ugh.

oh well.....shall see what goes down. at least she has some thoughts in her head on what life she can choose to come at her in the future ya know.

Hey Lori

----------------not much doing. in a small mood.
have to hit grocery for a few things. eggs. out. omg eggs at 5.69 a dozen at my little store. ya kiddin'. nope off to Aldi tomorrow early when they open and buy like 6 dozen at 2.35. Hope they don't raise up soon too.

got some country pork ribs to eat later. burgers too.

keeping life as simple as I can keep it but others always wanna make it into more drama then I want LOL oh well...

be good
  #1573   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-22, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Up way too early, but I just couldn't sleep. It is 31 degrees this morning and my friend and I are supposed to meet at the golf course at 10:30.....really? I told her to let me know this morning if she still wants to play. My biggest concern is if the clubhouse is not open, we won't have bathroom facilities. I can't play 18 holes of golf without a "break". They are having limited hours now at the club. We may have to call and find out if anyone is around. They gave us cart keys so we can just go out and play if we want. Not sure what I want to do. EDITED: Decision made. I'm hanging up my clubs for the year. My friends agree. Not worth it to bundle up and try to play....miserable. If it's nice out for the next few days, I can always go out for a walk and listen to some podcasts. Still waiting for my exercise mojo to kick back in. Sigh.....

DH out hunting again(I'm SO sick of it). I'll go up to Betty's in a few minutes to get her something to eat and check on her.

Same old, same old around here.

At least the sun is shining...even though it's cold as he!!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Nov-09-22 at 07:57.
  #1574   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-22, 08:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- First I am jaw dropped with what went down, really over French class. I am stunned that the kiddo told you something so untrue to your face and thought that was ok? Did she not think at some point it was all going to come out? I am not getting what she thought she could pull? Dang, that just sucks.
I know too you must be hurt too as a mom to have your kid not be honest with you. That does hurt. I mean you two are peas in a pod close to each other. You always have her back. does she not "GET IT"?!?!?! Dam. I am glad you had that talk. She does need to "get it". So hard. They want to be grown up without the true responsibility.
Is there any way to get this class passed? Maybe she could drop and take up an easier class? I dunno Spanish maybe? Just thinking of ways to get her what she needs. What did her teacher say? Any change she could get a tutor and pass?

I feel for ya- for you both. I am sure she is feeling badly for what she did too. Good news is I am hopeful she learned through this. I am hopeful she understands that the one person who will stand by her no matter what deserves a bit more respect. I really hope she steps up and gets it done, if there is a chance to rectify the situation.
Again, I think even having to have a second language is stupid, but she needs to play by the rules.

Hey, I have a thought...........Is it possible she can take a community course NOW and apply it to her transcripts and have it counted as admission? Just thinking here how she can turn it around? Maybe a night class, online or something to get that credit she needs? Yeah, she will need to put in the work!
I would also maybe check with the guidance counselor to see if they have a suggestion. Surely she can't be the only one to have struggled with a class that is desperately needed for college.
Ok- I will be quiet and pray this situation gets worked out. Tough.

OMG the price of food - eggs here are close to 6-7 bucks for 1 dozen. Aldie's still has by far the cheapest eggs, and groceries around. I am not a fan of their meats, but I sure like their prices compared to other stores. I won't even walk into a Whole Foods.

I really liked your wording. "In a small mood". Something about the way it was worded, the meaning, the sentence stuck me. I actually love the way it was written. I have never seen it phrased that way but the writer in me loves it! I am going to use it. LOLOLOLOL - taking it.

Lori- LOVED your pic!!!!!! Bhrrrrrrrrrr 30's is way too cold for my blood for anything outside! Yeah, I would need a bio break on an 18-hole course!

Hunting again? Wow, does he go with the GS? Is he not working? I would think that his job is more seasonal?
Speaking of, are you putting up a tree this year?

Nic- Hey, I was thinking of you this morning. I was taking out pup and heard a goose flying over. I am dying to know if you have looked up SNOW GEESE yet. They are in DE and are breath taking! Again, they are nesting not far from you. If you hit up Rehoboth in the early morning as the sun and frost are still in the fields, you can see them. The visual is truly stunning. They nest over on the farm 2 blocks from Beebe hospital. I would see them every morning. Truly a spectacular sight. I am sad I didn't get a picture when I was there.

Safe travels- I am glad you are headed over to your nest! I had to lololololol over your naked tree! I am sure you will "dress" it up!
Are you doing Christmas in MD or DE?
Speaking of DE- do you see those big 1/2 pounds cans of crab you can buy at HT? I was amazed you can buy it like that, and it's GOOD! Did you eat all your crab your lucky dog!
How long are ya staying in DE?!
What's on the menu tonight?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Interview day! I am so hopeful that 1/2 offers me SOMETHING. I would absolutely take it, be grateful, and not complain for at least a few months! ROFL. Yeah, I know- I am the square peg trying to fit a round hole.

I have a goal for myself. I want to take this next year and pay off bills and next year have everything paid to STACK! So, yeah there is a plan. Just need to get the money machine rolling again.

The move: - oh hell if I fail at nursing, I am going to start a moving company. I can move in a frekin weekend if need be. I do have this down. I truly have the process DOWN!
However, the WHERE is another story. Again, the gypsy in me loves the fact (truth be told) I am off to yet another adventure. I know I could easy be a person with a little home base and then travel around. I hate being stuck in one location; I get antsy! Hense the want for a REMOTE position.

So, it's 9:20. My first interview is at 10:30, second 11:30.

My pot roast was the best I have EVER made. It was so tender, not chewy, and fork dripping good. I put in a can of tomato's while it was cooking to help break it down tender. I removed them afterwards as I don't want to eat tomato peels (gross). But it was just juicy and had a wonderful broth with it. Almost a beef and broth dish. I would call it stew except there was just beef and broth.

I am having grouper and shrimp tonight. It has been a good while since I have had fish. I am in the mood for it.
I thawed a bag of gulf shrimp and Florida grouper, and I am good to go. I ONLY eat fish from USA- the waters from China, and that area of the world is a no no for me. That is just my take on fish. Besides Gulf and Carolina shrimp are hands down the best anyway!

Ok- going to start my roof over the head hunt. -
Today is cold and blustery at 52 degrees. The sun is out, the skies are blue- but it is really windy.
Laundry to do between appts. I also want to talk pup for a decent walk, I need one too!
Leggings and a tee of the dress for today. My interview is a Zoom= top and face only.

Ok- just rambling now-
Have a good one!
  #1575   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-22, 09:22

BF:

Oh Trig. I don't wanna make this a bigger deal than it is because we all know that your kid is a great kid. That being said, every now and again, they just make the crappiest decisions, and when that involves dishonesty to us as a parent, it really really stings. The talk that you had with her was spot on and I think you handled it in the best way that you could. I'm guessing she felt so overwhelmed and was almost using wishful thinking and just wishing it would go away. These young adults have a foot in both worlds, and sometimes I think they just completely lose their minds. Either way, just know that my heart and thoughts are with you today just because I do know how much that hurts.

Also, I agree with jaz about the comment about you being in a small mood. That's a great descriptor of how it sometimes feels.

Lori, I think you're probably right that it's time to hang up the clubs. You've had a great season and there's other good exercise you can get in. I'm glad you were able to play into November!

Jazz, I wish you the best of luck with your interviews today, and will be so curious to hear your perceptions when you're finished. Come back and check in if you feel up to it later in the day.

Your pot roast sounds yummy. I love any soup type dish.

By the way, I have definitely seen the snow geese and I did take a picture but I can't find it. They are found around Bethany and all around this area in Delaware as well. I remember people saying that they were here and I started looking for them and sure enough I found them several times. It really is a sight to see!

Everything is fine with me. I will be heading off to Delaware in a little bit. My husband will be meeting me there tonight. I'm taking my Christmas cactus with me because it's about to bloom and I don't want to miss it!

Food is on track. I'm going to have a burger patty for lunch and I'm having leftover Swiss steak and a salad for dinner. Not much else to report!