Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1546   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-22, 04:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco hope your bestie's DH is doing well. Scary with that kinda thing.
Your wings sound delish! I got back into them for a bit and now I am out of them for a while too LOL wings come and go now for me. I think cause I ain't so many of them already

Lori, I also didn't sleep well at all. to bed at 2AM and up at 6 now. I will hope I can crash a bit later. Gonna be a long day. No reason, just wasn't tired at all and of course now, can't keep my eyes open but I still can't go back to bed once up. gotta wait a bit.

Enjoy golf, hope all that fog burns off well for ya! Glad you got in a game, we got rain coming tomorrow again, probably heading your way....at least you are getting some extended golf before it goes bye bye

Jaz, dot down. check in later!

------------------nothing doing. already just dragging. usual chores. kid wants to hit beauty store after school. ugh. I know I won't wanna go but will do it. hope I can keep eyes open LOL not much more doing right now.
Sponsored Links
  #1547   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-22, 07:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Yeah...... My poor dot remained a dot yesterday! I was gone most of the day and didn't even get home until after 6:00. See below.

You know we are all going to have to share pot roast recipes. I also want to know how Trig's hubby makes his! A man and a pot roast- this I gotta hear!
This is all so funny cause this morning I put my coffee on this morning and took my pot roast out of the freezer to thaw for tomorrow!

Nic- Speaking of food- Holy Cow those crab legs look amazing and just like a yum fest! How did you score those?!?!?!?

Yea, I figured you were back to the "big house" LOLOLOLOL It takes on new meaning now! The BIG HOUSE! HA

I will be curious on your blood work! You know it either helps us or gives us that motivation to lick it up a notch. That being said my thoughts regarding high cholesterol have changed. I think there is enough evidence to support that it is not Cholesterol that is the issue rather inflammation. That is another post, but the more I am looking into it- the more I am learning. Some of those "studies" were paid off, thank you big pharma!

What is on your weekend plan list?

Lori- Wow see how fast this week has gone by and you did just fine and didn't even order Door Dash YET!
Yay on more golf time! It seems we are in for a warming trend for a few days- add in some sunshine.

Beef and noodles was a great idea for you and Betty! Did you eat them too? Beef is good at any age? Hubby back on Saturday? Did he "catch" anything? If he does, what does he do with it?
Glad all will be back to normal routines now he is back!

Trig- Yea- I can see you with a hot fry pan and a steak in the other! I set off fire alarms at that rate! HAHAHA. I had to come up with a solution for apt living to make my steak! But hey, it works!

Urghhhhh, hate it when I am up before the sun. It doesn't seem natural! However,........... now that I have your attention...... The sun and 80's are in the forecast for us this weekend! HELLO and YES YES please! Super excited about that!

Ok- I just have to know how your hubby makes his post roast to the point you won't eat it. Is it dry?
I also looked at those MISERABLE MISERABLE withered up excuse for crab legs at 14.99 a pound and said no thanks!

Get you a cup of coffee you will be just fine! Sun is out the next 3-4 days! At last!
----------------------------------------------------------

I got a call from a friend of mine I used to work with several years ago. We have remained friendly over the years and get together every few months. It is so funny because we are polar opposites in every way, except she is female. But you know we look past those and are able to see each other as valuable people and it works just fine.
First time I met her I wished her Merry Christmas- she is Jewish, born in Iseral and does yearly Pilgimages. She brought me back a Hanukkah magnet for my fridge. I keep it out and it is front and center! LOVE IT! LOLOLOL Just goes to show that love can win over hate!
Anyway- she called to have me come over and give her some remodeling advice on an apt. She is building for travel nurses. She knows I did that for minute and wanted some input. So, I hung out with her yesterday afternoon.
She lives in Alpharetta, 25 miles from me. However, with Atlanta traffic it takes me 1.5 hours to get there and back. I left her house at 4:30 and got home right at 6 in bumper-to-bumper traffic! I then had to take out pup, feed him, feed me, and I was whipped.

After that my MA gal pal call to talk about her visit here in Dec. She is coming to spend a few days with me. She also wants to do some hiking in N. GA in the mountains, so I am charged with finding us a nice pretty mountain to climb on. Anyway, I was on the phone with her for almost 2 hours. I was just peopled out and wanted to ZONE after that. Hense........... Dot untouched.

So, no news on any front. I just think nobody is hiring until Jan. at this point unless it is retail seasonal. I have run until this before, on both sides. As a manager I wanted to hire another person and was told they needed to write it in the budget for the next year, and as a job seeker I am now waiting. So, I will still give it efforts.......... Not having high hopes until late Dec. Jan. But I will still apply and just know it is what it is!
Jan. something will need to give!

Anyway- beautiful out. Out to run a few errands. Maybe I can snag a deal too! Early morning is when I notice they make down steaks! YES!

LAter
  #1548   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-22, 18:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey everyone-

Good day, on plan. Putting a dot down until tmrw- I am tired out!
  #1549   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-22, 04:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I got up early, but I was ready. I slept well. Thank you Melatonin! I really feel that it helps me get to sleep without tossing and turning most nights. I hit the ground running and stripped the bed and have sheets in the dryer already. I'm going to run to the laundromat with Betty's stuff once it get daylight!

It is 62 degrees this morning! Heading to the golf course around 10. Tomorrow there are 4 of us going to a different course which should be fun. It's supposed to rain overnight, but hopefully it'll be over by the time we head out.

DH called me last night and said our son finally got a deer in the last hour of their week long hunt. The outfitter cuts the meat up and they took coolers along to bring it home in. I'm sure they're on the road already this morning. They have about a 6 hour drive. Now I'll be back to trying to figure out what to make for dinner etc. That's ok....I know I'm lucky to have him.

I'm looking forward to my weekend on the golf course. There won't be too many more until Spring. Long winter ahead.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight! Isn't it great when it's dark at 4:30? Sigh........

Enjoy your Saturday!
  #1550   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-22, 05:19

BF:

Jaz, cool chat on your friends
hang in there on work....when least expected, boom work in your face so I know you will set well in the end, you always do!!

you saw those miserable crab legs at 14.99 also....very sad weren't there. Nicco pics got me drooling! How come her store got the good big ones and my crap store has the rejects in a bag at a higher price...lol...go figure Nicco is Special Lucky her!

hubby making his pot roast tomorrow. let ya know what weirdo thing he does to it HA

Lori.....we are raining cats and dogs now. probably coming to you tomorrow? not sure on that but our day is a goner here.
Enjoy all that golf ya can. you are right, winter is on its way for sure.

Glad your son got a deer! Meat in the freezer! Nice to come home with a prize after all that hunt work

----------------today is hit store with kid. she is getting her permit to drive next week. luckily she is doing very fine. she drove the farm truck, golf cart, some of the tractors so yea she can drive....now to get her thru 'the stupid BS loop' of how they can drive now and what it takes. Old days, go to DMV, parent got ya permit, drive til ya feel you are ready, take test, DONE DONE DONE. not anymore, those days are over...ugh

kid wants more hair dye to do? I don't know but we will hit beauty hair store and get what she wants.

pure rain out there! gray blah ick day.
Calgon take me away......no really.....get me the hell into sunshine and nice weather please LOL

steak and pork today. easy peasy
  #1551   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-22, 09:21

BF:

OMG where did the forecast of sunshine and warm temps suddenly go?

I woke up tired again this morning. I am seriously if the lack of sun is the culprit! I am so not motivated to do a thing. I have a few errands to run and thinking of caving and getting a small tree for the "lights" and need to get his nails done.

I am going to get dressed yippee skippy and be back later this afternoon. More then, when I "wake up a bit".

BTW- so disappointed my pot roast hit the trash! I have fixins for meat loaf and 2 chicken breasts. I will make those this afternoon.

Yup- gotta hear Trig- on your pot roast! LOLOLOL

SO GRAY HERE, even the dog went back to bed. I can't wait for night time to come at 4:30 starting tomorrow!

Back when I find a better "tude"
  #1552   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-22, 10:17

BF:

Hey Friends!

My ass is getting ready to head outside. It's a high of 77 today and it's already 73 and sunny. I'd be a fool to spend much more time inside today!

Trig, how many supervised hours of driving does your kid need to have? I believe ours was either 40 or 60 for our kids. I don't actually remember anymore. We did count drivers Ed training in that. I think I also fudged it after a while also! In Maryland you have to be 15 years and nine months to get your learners and you can't get your permanent license until 16 1/2 at the earliest. My brother lives in Iowa and his 14-year-old can get a license to drive a moped already which I think is absolutely crazy!

Lori, I'm glad someone bagged a deer at the last minute and there will be meat coming home. You survive the week without your husband and I know you'll be glad to have him back with you again! Also nice that you're getting good weather to golf in.

Jaz, sounds like you had a good day yesterday and some fun social stuff coming up. Love that for you! You might be right that people aren't doing much hiring right now with the holiday is coming up. I hope you can find something small if you're able to and it's something that you like.

I've done a good bit of cooking the last couple of days because I picked up some meat that was on clearance. I made some fajita meat yesterday and had that for dinner, I made some Carne Asada this morning and I have some Swiss steak in the slow cooker. All of those things were first time attempts for me and so far the first two have been OK. Not great but certainly edible. I had the fajita meat on top of some lettuce with a little cheese and sour cream and it made for a good dinner last night.

Other than that, everything is going well. I did get the results back from my bloodwork and everything largely looked good. My cholesterol was slightly high at 211 and my triglycerides were high. I know exactly why and it's because I've been eating like a jerk for the last couple of years. The good news is I'm on a good solid turnaround for the last handful of days and I feel strongly that that will continue. My A1C was 5.1 which is not great but not bad.. my lowest ever was 4.7 and then either 4.9 or 5.0, but I have no doubt that's going to come back down and it's still well within normal limits. But not where I would like it to be! That's OK, this was all a snapshot of last Thursday and hopefully the next snapshot in the future will be better due to my positive changes. It's also good that there is nothing alarming there in terms of anything else.

Ok I'm off to enjoy the day!
  #1553   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 07:13

BF:

Good Morning!

DH is home and all is well.......except he's talking A LOT. I'm not used to someone chattering at me before coffee.

The rain that was forecast did not happen. We should be good to go for golf today at 11. It is supposed to get up into the 70's! Going to a different course that is really not my favorite. It's long for a short hitter like me. I'll do my best and make it a fun day.

That's it from here. Have good days!
  #1554   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 07:48

BF:

fast post and how the hell you all ain't getting this crap weather rain we had for like a week now....omg LOL cats/dogs rain here. can't even get pooch out between big rain to take a leak

Key being kiddo got red hair dye the other day and she wanted to do it. reg. ol boxed stuff. I said 'do this' and she said SHHHHH....cause when she goes blue or orange or green I HAVE to strip hair and then dye so I do it all......but a box, so simple.

So I say READ instructions. She puts the conditioner tube into the developer bottle. Put the 'color dye bottle' to the shower for later to condition her hair and puts some 'extra shimmer crap little plus thing they put in there ' that goes on AFTER ALL is done and proceeds to 'not color her hair' HAHA

so screwed up. Off to CVS for new hair dye again OMG
This time she said, MOM help ME! Yea right? I might not....well yea I will cause if we keep dying cause wrong in a few tries here her hair is gonna fall out and cost me near like what, $150 in failed attempts LOL

too funny

steak chicken pork
got life food covered, zc people always do HA

back later to chat up more kiddo wants to hit road to get new hair dye....bleck
  #1555   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 07:57

BF:

Good EARLY morning for me!
I got up at 4:30 to pee and laid awake for an hour before I said to heck with it I am not getting back to sleep.

It is 8:03 am and I have downed almost a pot of coffee, had a shower, and applied for 5 positions, wrote to a manager I know who works there and really ask her for some assistance. I am feeling productive!!!! I am just touching the iceberg here.

I have had a change of heart. I am ready to GO wherever lands me a sweet job. If that mean another move so, be it. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but it looks like it could be. It will certainly open up way more doors if I am willing to do that.
I need to stack, so that in 10 years I can SLACK on the beach. STACK and SLACK- my new thinking.

Nic- So where did you end up yesterday? Do you have any parks or trails near your MD house? I bet you are missing the beach about now!!!!
How is your knee and foot doing these days. I am assuming ok as you have not mentioned it in a bit!

I have not attempted to make swiss steak. That is in Lori's wheelhouse! Are you putting it in the IPot? It sounded so good when she made it, gravy and all!

Lori-
Speaking of! I bet hubby is happy to be home! So, did he bring you deer meat? Do you eat deer met? BLECK! At least it is being "used".
I know you are glad he is back and getting settled! Bet you have a pile of laundry! HAHAHAHAH

His turn to take over for Betty for a minute! I am so happy, that your week went so well! I was holding my breath and crossing fingers all would be ok. One just doesn't know.

Deer stew for dinner?!?!?

Trig- I hear ya on getting the kiddo her license! The hoops they make you jump through to me just seems like a money grab!
She ended up with MIL car right? Is she using that one to practice?

What color is her hair now? You know pink has so grown on me. I think it is cute as can be!

Speaking of stew, did your hubby make his? Does he use tomato paste? Ya, put him to cooking every now and again!
-----------------------------------------------------------

So I am so hoping for some sun today, but it is looking doubtful.
I ended up with a 4 ft. table top tree. It is adorable and perfect for an apt. I had a spot for it and did not have to move around any furniture. It really lights up the room and sorta sparkles! I LOVE it. I need some light with lack of sunshine. I set out a few snowmen as I collect them. That is all I plan to do as this may be a temporary situation, that requires me to pack it all up again.

The good news is I am doing serious decluttering a few boxes I just keep hauling around and just store. I am also going through books, as I normally don't re-read them. I rarely read through an entire book anymore as everything is online, or Podcast and You Tube! I have a STACK to hit the Goodwill. I am not hauling around junk, for another move. If I am not using it, it goes!

It is not looking great for the grill out this afternoon with my neighbor. Overcast and only 69 degrees. What happened to that 80 and sunshine???????

Watched that movie "Where the Crawdad's sing" last night. I had no intention of watching it, I just wanted to see the description and accidently hit play at 5.99. Oh well, it was not as great as I heard. It was just ok. I did like the backdrop though. Low country here in the Carolina's and GA. I am not into sad movies. I got enough on my plate, don't need to watch it!

Anyhoo, will see what today brings. I have to get things put back away from all my boxes out. Tidy back up and such.
I will be expanding my job search effective today and going forward. I know TX is hurting for nurses. TX would not be my first or second choice. I know though that Austin TX happens to be booming right now. Was hoping for more water, where I land. HAHAHAH

Meat loaf leftovers, chicken leftovers. Making bacon in oven so I have some grab and go snacks. That is all from here!

Time for a last cup of coffee.

Rock on!
  #1556   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 08:02

BF:

Cross Posted Trig/Lori!

Lori- to funny on your chatty hubby! Enjoy your game!

Trig
- OMG to frekin funny over the hair color! I have done that same thing once too! So frustrating! What color is she going for?

ZC food- you bet we got it covered! That is true!
  #1557   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 08:09

BF:

Um....no....no deer meat here. It is DSon's deer and he took it to the butcher shop for processing. Your girl doesn't cook or eat venison. I can't even stand to smell it cooking. Blech! I know it's natural and good for you, but just can't make myself eat it. I did when I was a kid as I ate whatever Mom put in front of me.

Soon time to get my golf togs on. It's like summertime here!
  #1558   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 08:50

BF:

Hey all!

We are all checking in and accounted for! Love that!

Lori- Enjoy golf! It is wet here today but apparently no more rain coming. Enjoy your warmer weather and golfing every day that you can!

Trig- So did she just not actually put the hair color on or what? And then "MOM HELP!!" Cute! Hard to believe that in about nine months she will be off in college. Crazy! You will miss her I know. From what you have said on here, there doesn't seem to be too much "fouling the nest" happening.

Jaz- good for you for being willing to look at wherever to get some funds coming in. My Dad lives outside of Austin and has for the past 25 years or so. Austin is very pretty- the Texas Hill Country is in general. Hot in the summer of course.

Hope Ruger is feeling all better again!

•••••••••

Life is going well here. The Swiss steak came out very well. Of course I have nothing to compare it to as I've never had it before but I like it! I had a serving of it for dinner last night and have several more servings to eat during the week. I also have Carne Asada and fajita meat that I made as well so I am good to go.

I am on day five of my reset and feeling good and healthy and stable. Go me! Planning on many more days to come.

Yesterday I did not go for a walk but I did go back to the craft fair and got some good steps in that way. I am still having some trouble with my heel from time to time but it is better than it was. The knees are doing fine. Knock on wood!

Today I am just going to hang around and have a nice quiet day. I picked up a meals on wheels route for tomorrow and then have a doctor appointment on Tuesday. DH comes home tonight from taking care of his parents for the weekend.

That's about it from here!
  #1559   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 09:53

BF:

Nicco she wanted 0 help on new box of hair dye when we got home and then it was MOM HELP again and heavens..lol
I bet in college I am gonna get tons of calls and 'come help' me and will do it for her.

she put 'hair color' at the shower as the conditioner bottle and put the reg ol' conditioner for later in the bottle to color. This was HER insisting I not help here LOL

right now she colored and I WAS ALL in on it and she is changing to big red right now HA

Very cool your bloodwork and more is great.
Nice to know you are doing fine in all the stuff you are checking out. Older we get...right LOL

and back on better eat plan and feeling good....yea that trumps all....our daily life feeling better!

Jazz I wanna see tx and thought to live near mustang island easily...that is in my future live scope area. you are thinking more inland but tx has coasts big time.......need your career skill for sure You got TONS of options for sure.

Yea. driver permit and license. You can 'sign up with your parents' permission sig or at age 16 early6 or at 18 to go die in battle yet ya can't get a damn license to drive without TONS of 'provisional' BS crap............what the hell is wrong with our world? OK DO not get me started HA

Lori........what ya do with DH's deer when he bags?
you ain't cooking it? Now for me I do eat 'a tad of deer' but limited for me on like tenderloin only 'if I marinate it right' and all but I don't 'do all cuts' like hubby loves. He makes deer burgers and I can smell the diff in beef and deer easily but I can eat deer stew easily with that long term cook til super tender with taters and carrots and all that jazz.

so what does DH do with his deer? or is it he cooks and eats only as he wants? yea that is almost what goes down on deer here. See my hubby grew up on this taste and I did not ever, so he loves to the max it and I am like OK some good, some NOT so good LOL

-----------------omg kiddo is NOW telling me WHAT SHE wants and telling me I am non-significant or no use in what we chat??
OK SHE KNOWS ALL NOW LOL I tell ya all, it is annoying as heck but also I got away thru younger yrs she didn't do this......I AM SO ready to let her go now HAHA

gotta eat soon
11am and hungry or is it 12? FEED ME
  #1560   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-22, 15:07

BF:

Trig......If DH gets a deer, it goes in our freezer and we end up giving most of it away. He doesn't/can't cook, so that's not an option. If he really wanted me to cook some, I would, but whenever I have mentioned it, he was like......nah. Ok..good! Our DD likes it and so do lots of DH's friends.

Golf was work today. I hate that course. We played a little team competition and that always screws with my head. I feel guilty for letting my partner down and put too much pressure on myself. Takes the fun right out of it. That's my issue.

Anyway, glad to be home and showered. Watching football with DH. I'm making fried haddock for dinner.....easy.

Actually, I could go to bed. Too much beer on the course.......