Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 08:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default HCG Diet P3 & P4

This is for those of us going from P2 (the VLCD) to P3 and P4.

In P3 we're supposed to stabilize our weight and weigh ourselves ever day and take drastic measures if we gain two pounds (steak day). Some people have said an egg day works better (just all eggs, all day). Some are saying to add foods back slowly and notice if any make your weight leap up. If they do, consider that they may be foods you have an intolerance to.

Going from P2->P3 I have heard it's wise to ramp up the calories a little slowly. It should be easy for us since it is essentially a low carb diet, right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 08:57

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

I'm doing it a bit differently this time, in that I am travelling without access to a consistent scale. So, I will have no idea if I leap up a pound or two or five.

But, I have done P3 twice before. And here is what I learned: my weight does leap up and then back down when I start developing a new eating routine. My first three days of P3 are typically 1-2 pound gains each day. But, then I start to go back down to where I was. And I can settled into a comfortable groove.

I have been a lifetime LC-er for a few years now. So, that part is not hard for me. And if I do have a day or two where I go completely off the reservation from food cravings (yes, I get wild cravings when I start eating again), those usually go away after a day or two of normal LC eating, too.

So, to start P3, I add back in breakfast and coffee with cream and even snacks. But after a week or two, I start cutting back out the snacks and try to get back to IF.

For some reason, I can't transition straight from P2 to IF. I get hungry, cravings, nausea, etc.

During my two "weaning off the hcg days" I do eat more than 500 cal. I tend to go to "eat to hunger" with extra protein and no fruit.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 09:00
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I've been trying to figure it out. Was p2 was the 500 cal? What is p3 and p4?

thanks, watching your progress, impressed!

Last edited by nawchem : Fri, Jan-21-11 at 09:09.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 09:04

P2 is the 500 calorie portion of the diet. It is the only part of the diet that involves hcg.

P3 is the first three weeks of NO "starches nd sugars," or, as Dr. S called them 40 years ago, "the so-called carbohydrates." Many people just follow Atkins induction for this phase.

P4 is where you can begin to introduce various carbs to the plan to see how your body responds, and develop lifetime maintenance eating. This can be much like following Atkins carb ladder, except there are really no "rules" about which order to add things in.

(P1 is a detox phase created by Kevin Trudeau, and most people don't do this phase. It is not a part of Dr. Simeon's original protocol.)

Thanks for the compliment.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 09:45
Experimenter

BF:

I'm following your progress, Ducky! Can't wait to see how you do.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 11:05

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

I'm starting my transition on Saturday, that's my last day of dosing. will do 500 calories that day and then increase it to 750 on Sunday by adding fat and then another 250 calories of fat the day after. I did this as a transition to my last P3 cycle and it works well (although I have trouble getting the calories up, just not hungry!) After the 3rd day I have to increase protein a bit or I start to bounce up. Like faduckeggs I tend to IF in P3 as I am not a big brekkie eater, just do coffee and coconut milk in the morning.

Looking forward to this P3 as this time there's no freaking holiday to mess with my progress!

btw, for correction days if you go to HTA and check out the store there is an ebook on correction days and it has 12 versions of correction days that have been tested and found to work.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 11:14
Experimenter

BF:

HTA is what? Do you have a linky? Oh! Just googled HTA & HCG and found happily thinner after. That must be it.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 11:44

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
HTA is what? Do you have a linky? Oh! Just googled HTA & HCG and found happily thinner after. That must be it.

That's it. there are a bunch of us from here in the journals section (you need 15 posts to request access) where there is a ton of support and lots of advice from more experienced hcgers, if you are interested. (btw, hta doesn't care if you 15 posts are all "Hi,this is who I am" in the intro sub forum)
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3

faduckeggs thanks for the explanation, all this time I thought p1 must be the loading phase.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 15:57
Experimenter

BF:

NM! found it.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 16:19

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:

I've been on P3 since December 27th, getting ready to go back to P2- loading tomorrow! Feel free to check out my journal. I eased into it, increasing protocol proteins and adding fat. After the first couple of days, I was following Atkins induction by the book. My weight was very stable until TOM came along.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 16:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:

I'll be following your progress. Will be in P3 by mid February.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 16:27

So far I over-ate on my trip and gained four, and I'm working on bringing that back down. I did meat and eggs yesterday. Today is regular lc. Tomorrow i will do meat and eggs again if need be.

I am so enjoying coffee with hwc again.

Today was ham cheese lettuce wraps for lunch. Dinner is chopped salad, mashed cauliflower and skirt steak. Plus coffee and cream all day.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 16:30
Experimenter

BF:

Oh man, I am so jealous of you P3ers!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 17:54

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

LOL Nancy

You will be there before you know it..You are ahead of me and weight lost..I am just getting started..so I am Jealous