Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#631   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 16:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies- I thought about you all day!!!! NO seriously I really did!

I almost took a pic of my in uniform in the bathroom! HAHA- The scrubs were right on! I wore dark black bottoms and seafoam topper and a white lab jacket. Removed all jewelry except earrings- small. Nothing to catch a germ.

I spent most of my day behind a computer doing the usual start date paper work and fire and safety, compliance and Hippa videos.

Then I was on a walking tour when 3 people coded and died during my tour. I was promptly guided to the office to "finish" my modules" and left go at 430. Tomorrow will be a shadow day for the next 2 days, and then a computer class Friday.

I came home and cried. People were sweet- but everyone there is scared.
I read the policy regarding staff and if exposed. We are still EXPECTED to come to work as long as fever gone- "JUST WEAR A MASK" - Soldiers don't go home and lay up for 14 days and whine to mommy- they patch up and go back to work. That IS the EXPECTATION. There is nobody else.
We have the white party tents outside too! The moderate risks all get stuck there- the vents are up on the units.

The gals were sweet as could be but so smiled and walked away. social distance. Under different circumstances this would have been a dynamite day.
I stripped in the garage- dumped my clothes in the washer, and took a quick shower and now having a much deserved glass of wine. I have my pup on my lap and struggling with tears. Trying so hard to not.

I want to apologize the last few posts have been about ME! So sorry! I brought you gals with me in heart to work and thought of little things here and there about each of you.

NIC- - You are really locked down now- wondered how long that would take. they are FINING people here for being out without purpose!
So now the hubby home!!!!! In some ways I would think that is comforting. In situations like this I hate being alone. You are blessed to have distraction of others! Even if they get on your nerve, think about going this out by yourself!

I'm so sorry....... I just am having a hard time. I will get though this. I want to be at home- this is what I am being called to do.

I prayed for the first time in YEARS this morning for a sign....... anything there is something "up there". I know we aren't supposed to ask for a sign.

But I was on my way out of the hospital and right in the parking lot by my car door was a plastic wrapper with something in it. I bent down and picked it up. It was a N95 for professionals fully untacked and wrapped, beside my carder. I bent down and tossed that sucker in my car so fast it made my head spin!

I am going to call that my sign. I am not religious, but I do think there is something bigger than us out there in the universe. Call it whatever makes sense. I just don't know. I wish I was one to drink the koolide but I am not.

I just want to delete this post although and stuck some bull crap to make us all feel better. OMG----- I'm sorry....... It will get better.

We as a world are all holding hands- not really- we are elbow bumping........ but our hearts are in touch. I am so grateful that I can come he and talk. I apologize if it too intense. I wish I had that someone to talk to....... Bella wanted food, then out, now sleeping at feet........ WHERE IS WOMANS BEST 4 footed friend!!!!

Same time tomorrow.

I am going to relax. I have hardly eaten anything - lost hunger. Just not interested. My eyes killed my hunger.
Awesome for WOE

Thank you for listening- I feel good though physically..... it was the highest pollen count on record. It explained all
Sponsored Links
  #632   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 17:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

(((Jaz))) --- Oh honey, rough day. Of course everyone is social distancing as best as possible, even in the hospital, which makes for a different kind of welcome to "our team" to say the least. I'm glad at least you were feeling better.

I loved the story about your prayers followed by finding an intact mask. Not too intense for me at all. I'm a lot like you in this regard. Not a religious gal, but definitely a spiritual one, and I find when I ask for grace, I always receive it in ways small or big.

And imo, no need for false cheeriness---think right now as usual, there are better days and worse days, but everything is so much more intense than "usual." I find it exhausting without adding in a new job at ground zero, so be VERY VERY kind to yourself. NO BAD SELF TALK. You don't need it, and no friend of yours would even think it. Gotta be our own good friends right now. Hold on the judgment, heavy on the love.

Nic---Totally empathize about the nights vs. the days. I too have been waking up and having a hard time getting back to sleep. Thinking of pulling out the Melatonin which I haven't used in a long time. Something about the quiet middle of the night and the dark that encourages our anxieties. Happy your hubby has a nice strong back to provide shelter in the storm.

I also empathize w/the focus issue regarding actually, all things. TV, books, writing, phone chats, all of it. Some days I'm right there and able to absorb and escape, other days I can't seem to settle down to any of it.

Glad you had a fun zoom party. It really is pretty easy and a nice alternative for a bit of social life. Going to do it this Fri. w/my pals in Cali.

Lori---I was wondering if you're still going in to work? Can you do in by yourself and work? Or is it mandatory to shut it down? Making some fun money for after all this would be kind of nice, and maybe a nice distraction. But maybe not possible.

I feel so bad you and sissy can't spend some of this time together. I know it's so tempting. Can't tell you how often a few of my besties and I have tried to convince ourselves that we're symptom free and what could an evening together hurt if we stay across the room from each other. But in the end we always decide better safe than sorry.

Would zooming w/your sissy help at all? I did it w/a gal pal last night. Just the two of us. She lives alone like your sissy and just really wanted to do it, although left up to me I would have just gone for the phone thing. But y'know, it was really good to see her laugh and be able to see each others expressions and gestures and all those things we enjoy about someone whose company we love. And your hubby could jump in too. Just a thought.

Trig---Oh crap, my sciatic nerve thing was back today. Thing is as you know, walking can help, often helps. But when you get that buckling feeling in your leg its scary. So I didn't walk today. Hope yours' has tucked itself a way again. Weird how it comes and goes. My bro said its connected to the state of your lower back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding some days I can write like crazy, others not at all. Today was a can't get focused day. Napped A LOT, today, my sleep has been really spotty, so it felt good. Some of the time I wasn't even sleeping, just laying still w/eyes closed and trying to find all my happy places.

Hey guys, why don't we all plan a zoom session? Why the heck not?!!?!

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Mar-31-20 at 19:16.
  #633   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 04:16

BF:

Hey ladies- I am up it's another day in this nightmare life. I keep thinking this is ALL GOING TO JUST GO AWAY!!!!!

Tossed and turned most of the night and cried myself to sleep! So after I posted yesterday after work I called a gal pal. We talked- I cried more.
Let me tell ya too I am not one of those dainty little dab at the eyes crier. Oh HELL NO- I am a full on snot flying, swollen eyes, and red faced crier.
So after my call my daughter called to inform me she is positive for C-19, and has burning of her lungs. She got tested because of our preemie doll baby. Yup she's positive. The doctor told her since she has had symptoms for the past 5 days that both babies were already exposed and no need to separate herself.
I disagree- I texted her before I went to bed to TRY to not hold the baby............It is hard because the littles want held ALL the time!

After that call my Ohio "friend" called to tell me he most likely has it and is not doing well. He is in his 70's and asthma and has a fever, cough, weak, and having issues. I made him PROMISE to go to ER if he started with lung crap.

Ladies I saw on some show Stephen King was being interviewed. He has written another book. Well the interviewer ask where he got his inspiration. His response? "Life is scarier right now than anything else I write about".

I have a puffy face and a wine headache - I skipped dinner- headed straight to a glass or 2 I am really not wanting to walk int the hospital being the only one wearing a mask. I am having issue with that!
Should I or not??????- The staff are wearing scarves and no masks available. I am shocked. I guess I shouldn't be. Plus we are expected to work with the virus? That flies in the face of what we are supposed to do.

I would not go to a hospital right now if it wasn't necessary. The staff are sick!!! - OK I am done now whining.

I LOVE the IDEA of Zooming!!!!- I need some joyful ideas and news!
Blue, this is a great idea!
Hey I get that some days are all about getting out the writing bug and other days you can't write a word! Yup- this is our new normal!

Nic-Since you have done Zoom, I was thinking if we did this you could spear head it up. I am so not technical. You are the gadget queen! Just a thought! I could sure use a laugh or two!

Ya know we could make it a themed Zoom party! That would be fun too! I am all about that! Maybe a beach theme- TRIG could be in her lounger! ME too!!!! I even have a straw hat I would drag out.

I use melatonin most nights. It is a safe way to naturally sleep. I would say 5mg is a good dose. 3mg doesn't do anything.

Lori- how are you doing up in your state? I agree that face timing or Zooming your sister would be grand. I will tell you I feel for her - it is hard to get through this time being single!
How are you and hubby doing being cooped up? I don't know which is easier? HAHAHAHA-

TRIG- Hope you are well and doing your thing. How is your kiddo doing staying home?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing else to add. I need to pull my self together and put on some make up and go. Mask or no mask? URGHHHHHHH - I want the frekin mask!
I will be shadowing up on the unit the rest of the week.

Somebody post something fun- PLEASE!!!!!!
  #634   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 04:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning,

Oh Jaz.....I was glad to see a post from you last night, but so, so sorry you are having to face this awful situation head on. The public is forever in debt to the nurses and doctors....a rough profession for sure, but you DO make a difference. I'm not religious either, but finding that mask was a sign for sure. How unbelievable was that??

I hope you were able to eat something and get some rest. I'm sure your mind was whirling. Please check in when you can and use us as your sounding board......post it all....get it all out. Biggest of hugs.

Edited to add: Just saw your post Jaz....I am so sorry about your daughter and your friend in Ohio. This virus is so widespread, it is just hard to believe. We sure have never been thru anything like this in our lifetimes.

Blue....Oh my I'm not sure my quarantine face is ready for Zoom! Also not sure if my little Chromebook has the camera capabilities. I remember doing something like that on my phone years ago.

As for my little part-time job.....no. The office and all facilities are closed. The Director did payroll last week and she will do it for the salaried employees until this mess is over. DH is not working either. He will do the mowing at the park when it is needed, but other than that nothing happening.

Nic....hope you had a better night last night. Nothing worse than waking up at 2AM and just lying there thinking and worrying. So glad you have your family all together.

Trig.....Are you hanging in there? Hope that sciatic nerve has calmed down. How is DD handling the online school?

I have to go to the grocery store and get a bunch of stuff this morning. I try to only go once a week at most. I think I'll go around 9 or so. I could go earlier, but get frustrated when they don't have cashiers working and I don't want to use the self checkout when I have a cart full of stuff.

I think I'll get out for a run sometime this afternoon. I don't think it's going to be sunny, but not too cold.

DH has to deal with a problem with the heating system at Betty's today. She called last night at 9 and said she had no hot water or heat. Sigh.....it's always something. She said she will be fine as she has an electric blanket etc. He's going up first thing this morning and will no doubt be spending the day there trying to get the problem resolved. I just hope he can get a repairman to come.

That's it from here.....thinking of you all.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 05:03.
  #635   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 05:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, ugh on heating troubles with Betty. I hate big mechanical junk but luckily your DH and jump in and see what is going down for her. I know my Mom loves loves loves her heat. Being so old now (she said yes we can call her ancient since she is 92 now) she has no anything left on her bones....she freezes so easy. Bet Betty loves that heater blanket

Good luck at grocery. I am doing dog vet visit and grocery.
Online school stuff going well 'she tells me' cause heck I don't check it mostly. I have no clue but she says she is working the email assignments easily etc. She did an art picture assignment that was due, click it into her 'puter and sent it to teacher. She got a A on it So I hope it all is going well, but schools are now so screwed up ya know. Everything is off its timeline and more in life right now so...but so far so good!

Jaz, ahh, I wish I could take some of that stress from you Hey a good cry fest is a good thing...gets that pent up frustration and more outta ya! That is a healthy thing actually.

You are in such a tough field right now. Medical. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Just find any and all ways to be safe thru it all, find all ways to de-stress yourself when you can! Just do the best ya can and accept what you can't change and all. A person can do so much then we have to leave it to higher powers to be

So sorry on your daughter getting it etc. I hope their family fairs well thru it all and hope your son now is on the improve!!

Nicco. yea my sleep is screwed up a bit. but luckily I don't dream or the little I do I never remember any of it. I am one of those so I have to say my sleep screw up is not moving much, boredom and yes I am finding myself with a nap in the day thru boredom and screws me up at night. Good thing you have that little nook area next to your DH to settle in and feel secure I like that!

Microfleece to flannel for sheets. Good for you....our comfort in bed is important, might help ya

Blue....oh man you got hit again with the nerve? I know. Mine is healing up way better now but I feel twinges so I am super careful still now. My 'good knee' that got nailed is doing better but not great. I slept without the knee brace last night. Woke up to aching knee on the side. It is a muscle thing for sure, I can pin point the exact area of weakness. I don't blame you for not walking much when that weakness is around...it is scary, feeling like the leg is gonna go out from under you, and sometimes it actually does. Not cool I know LOL stinks I hope you heal up better and I hope I get over it too cause it is annoying to say the least about it

What is zoom? I have no idea at all Is it a phone thing? On the computer? My computer is an old sucker, could it support it? I know it isn't flashy up to date with good software and hardware to support it. I type online, check internet and heck I can't even get podcasts to work. Maybe that is my adobe flash problem? who knows anymore LOL

I said to kid when she gets MAC I get her fancy azz puter she got now, which is newer and high speed etc. and she said nope. she is using both. So I can't get a laptop upgrade just yet HA

hey all
everything good here.

dog to vet for distemper shot at 8:30
since groomer closed (her kid broke her arm) she decided to just shut down and heal her kid.....will get anal glands done on him at vet too while there.

then to grocery for a few things. I don't need anything much at all. I just need some meat restock. Grab whatever cuts I can get. Not picky anymore. Food is food, grab what I can, refill fridge and go with the flow but luckily our stores are stocked well so.....

home to do? nothing mostly. rain coming in today. chilly here. might go out and throw out some stuff from the garage. hubby is scared for me to do that HA but geez, crap needs to go. I mean even 1 big black garbage bag per week...how hard is that? Not hard, so yea I am gonna start attacking this garage area and getting some crap handled around here.

Barb and me hit store yesterday. Big Lots. Like 2 other people in there, so quiet, it was nice Other stores in the line were all closed tho. Felt good to get out.

Then we hit her house and chatted a while, I drank 5 beers. omg the bloat. the foamy bubbles. I didn't care, I belted those suckers down and enjoyed every darn one of them.....came home all bloated up and icky tho LOL felt good to do something different and more normal, just a shop a bit and party up a bit day. Heck I came home and napped away the day mostly
Got some cravings but didn't eat junk. I just ate up some smoked pork that was delish but this morning I am still bloaty to the max. Beer is a no no, didn't taste that great but hell it was fun sucking them down, me and Barb laughed alot

So just chilling thru the day mostly and see where the day goes
  #636   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 13:08

BF:

Afternoon check-in:

Made a big haul at the grocery store this morning that should see us through nearly 2 weeks at least. Glad to have that done.

DH called the furnace repairman for Betty and he was there by 8:30 and everything fixed by 9:30! Turns out it was a little sensor about a 1/2 inch long. Guy said yeah, they wear out, no big deal. So glad it was an easy fix. DH was SO relieved.

I'm just back from a 3 mile run/walk. Mid 50's and in and out sun....not bad. Tomorrow is to be super windy, so wanted to get it in today.

Jaz......if good thoughts could help you, you would have had a good day. You have been on my mind all day. (((Hugs)))

Time to hit the shower and then a nice, lite beer. Bye.
  #637   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 14:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh Jaz. Oh dear, Honey, you are really getting hit with stuff lately. I am SO SORRY. Seriously, all this just sucks right now for you. Truly.

I am upset that your Dd has it (how? Ugh, so unfair) and also your guy friend might too. Oh lord, I wish I could put a shield of protection over the Littles. You must be worried SICK.

Girl, you cry when you need to. We are here for you! Also, I am fine to help set up a Zoom meeting. Does everyone have an iPad or some kind of mobile device? I don't know how to set it up on a computer. I have done it on an iPad though and you can use a cell phone also.

I would wear the mask. You have one and it practically fell out of the sky as a gift for you. But, you are there and can see how folks would react I guess.

Blue, you go girl, with your techie self and zooming with people!

I'm sorry you are having nerve/sciatic pain now. That stinks. I hope you are able to sleep better. I don't know though, if I were to take a nap I would definitely not sleep at night, but my body is way weird like that.

Lori, I'm glad Betty's heat was a quick fix and back on again. That is good news! Also glad you got out for some exercise. Getting out is really helpful to me and I look forward to walking, seeing things bloom and listening to a podcast or two.

Trig, yeah, I don't usually dream or remember them either but the stress dreams were definitely breaking through.

So your DD has an iPad or a good cell phone that you can borrow, right, so you can Zoom in? Either of those things would work. Just ask her to download the app for you.

Be careful seeing folks and/or going out and then seeing your Mom. She is tough as nails but even so, this stuff is contagious as heck and you don't want her to get it! Glad you had fun with your bud though!

•••••••••

It is April, all. May this month be the turning point.

I am still getting texts from the CCRC, even though DS18 and I are both on a leave of absence, so to speak. This morning I got a text that the 'sister' CCRC to ours, a county over, has three positive residents in their High Care section, and one positive worker. Given that people often work in both or move between both, that is scary news. It has not hit the local news/ health department yet- they let us know first.

I took my walk today (about 3 miles) and on my way back, saw my neighbor whose wife passed away recently. I stood off his driveway and talked to him for about ten minutes. He said that they had a wonderful two weeks in Florida together; she got to spend time with her kids, and her grandkids, and her best friend. She saw all the people she loves and was so happy. She passed during the night the next night. I was thinking, seriously, what a way to go. She was young (63) and healthy, and I am so sad about that, but I am SO GLAD that she had such a great time with her family- glad for her, glad for them. What a gift for all of them. He did get emotional and I was glad to stand there and honor that with him, even if from a distance.

DD made me a handmade mask that I can use to go out to the store. It offers a modicum of protection and will also remind me to keep my hands away from my face etc. Between that and social distancing I feel relatively safe when I do need to go out.

Anyway, things are fine here. Finally slept well last night. I think moving to thinner, cooler sheets might have helped. Walking, cooking, etc. I find that I have less interest in watching things like Youtube and so forth just now. My concentration is relatively shot. I am enjoying the more active things I am doing. Right now I am hearing the boys talking and laughing down in the basement and that makes me happy.

DS18 confessed that he overslept today and missed online school (the first 2-3 periods.) He slept through his alarms. He was quite sheepish in his confession. Ah well, I will follow up to make sure he is awake from here on. At least it is 8 AM and not 6:30. Only two more days and then he is on Spring Break for a week. As long as he gets the assignments done and doesn't make a habit of it, I really don't care.

Leftovers tonight, probably take out tomorrow night and then I will be back on the cooking rotation again. I am thinking wings and ribs for two dinners next week. Maybe some fish or something. I also REALLY want to make a Beef Vegetable soup so that is on my list for when I go shopping. We already have the wings and ribs, just need to thaw them.

That's about it from here.
  #638   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 17:12

BF:

Hey ladies- my rocks my safest.

I am going to start off with anything other than me!!!!!!

Lori- Thank goodness Beatty has you and hubby in her life. We all would be so blessed to have that person as we all age! You are such a blessing for her! Awesome you cleaned up at the store! I know it is a relief to have a stocked fridge. I always feel better. Ya never know.

Look at you go- runner!!!!! - I know you felt better getting that time out run in!!!!!!!!
for keeping me close in thoughts. That means so much!

NIC- I am in TOTAL support of you unplugging for awhile!!!!!
Plus increasing your movement and you are right- cooler temps = better sleep!!!!!!!
I love beef stew. I prefer a thinker soup over a thinner soup..... ie chili. It just feels so homey and warm and satisfying!
I know you all are IN for the next month. Just chalk it up and use this time for you!!!! Self care I love it!

BLUE- Hey - I hope you got some much needed rest from all those friends you talk about calling you! Nothing wrong at all from limiting those calls. They can be exhausting!!!!!! You have a big one!
Hoping your back feels better! Does anything help????????

Hope you spent today writing your heart out!!!!

TRIG-
- glad all is good where you are! Stay put and be safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well.......... where to start. Started off today again with tears......
Sucked it up and went to work. I walked in behind two C-19 patients being wheeled in on stretchers. Both young- 40-50. One was a woman hysterical crying and her mask was falling off. I was standing right in back of her.

I took my mask in but was not yet wearing it. There are not enough masks. The order is is you get C-19 we are to STILL come to work as long as I am not with fever.
We have the national guard now at our hospital as they are manning the "white Tent party" of Moderate c-19 out front while we inside are dealing with makeshifts ICU's.
They are moving out all stable patient to different outlier hospitals so we can build more ICU beds.
My unit is now converted to C-19 as well. So much for a clean unit. they are discharging all the heart patients to nursing homes and building more ICU beds on my unit. I was DRENCHED in C-19 today. It is what it is.
I'm f'd. I will either survive or I won't. During work I was shadowing my preceptor who was crying because her brother is an ICU Doctor in Jersey. He went from bedside to vent in an hour.

Meanwhile I am talking to my daughter who was giving more meds and her test of course was positive. My son is recovering and doing better.
While I am sitting on the floor- 3 more people died in the c-19 "ZONE". I heard it on the over head. Then we looked it up- we can because we cover all areas. They died. Only one was "older over 80.

I am LIVING the news right now. I prayed to keep my shit together today. It is a war zone. I am having some PSD issues right now. Not sleeping well.
I come home- grab whatever is in fridge. Glad I had enough sense to cook large over the weekend. I am drained.
I am only day 2. I feel like it has been so much longer.

I stopped to try to find Zinc on my way home. I sent you a video about a doctor treating people with success. If you can get past his few comment in politics and listen to what he is doing I felt positive about that. -
NO zinc on any shelf. I stopped 3 places (mask on) on my way home to find Zinc. Nope.

Anyway, I was in Walgreens and this lady who was dressed in pajamas and crying standing in the vitamin isle kept dropping stuff. I told her she dropped a sock on the floor. She explained she had elderly parents in her house and was so scared and could not find gloves or anything for them she busted out in tears. I told her I had gloves in my car if she needed some.

She cried more- She followed me to my car. I handed her about 20 pair and a bottle of hand sanitizer. She goes OMG your a nurse- an angel - I busted into tears. Told her to be safe and sped away. I am just doing what one human does for another - or should. We are in this together.
We need to pass more kindness to each other. We all are walking in shoes that others don't know.

I have come to being almost out of tears. I am resolved to whatever comes I will handle what I can. What I can't I can't. I am getting through one day at a time.

I find it hard to believe that some people are still so ..... I have no words........... I just can't reconcile it in my head. This is why so many states are now shut down- people are ignoring this. OK- I am done..........

I ate on my WOE today- but truly I just didn't care. I ate something to put something in my stomach. Meatballs- and was done. Not because I cared today- least of my concern.
I am hoping I care tomorrow.

Not now- popping a glass of wine. Just one, - more than that it kills my sleep.

Have a safe evening
  #639   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 17:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

(((Jaz)))---Oh man, you are being put to the test everywhere you look---from your family to your job to your long time guy. Wow, it is A LOT. Sending you "palms up" w/hope and love. I'm glad you KNOW you can come here every single day and write out your fears and experiences.

I can not express my anger that a country this rich and able is unable to provide the front line with masks and protective gear. It is an utter disgrace, imo. But it is what we must deal with.

I see the front line health care workers on the news all the time and they are begging for supplies. BEGGING. And now I know someone personally who is dealing with it, and you will be in my prayers and are in my thoughts all the time in these hard days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short one from me tonight. It is our 31st anniversary---yep, we got married on April Fool's day, "fools for love" etc. We took a lovely long drive down to the river today, thru all our fave little river towns. Gorgeous day and nice to just get out and see that the river is still beautiful and flowing. Folks were out too, walking and bicycling, and keeping their distance. But the hubs of all these delightful little towns are dead and closed up. Reminds me of that old song, "Everyone's gone to the moon." So both a lovely and sad drive, but good to get out and chat w/hubby all along the way.

Yeah, we're together these days perhaps more than we're ready for, but still, it was good to get in the car and turn on the tunes, open the windows and let the wind blow thru our hair.

Off to our anniversary dinner---New York strip steaks and yeah, our fave, cheesy potatoes. Got on the scale this morning. Haven't lost an ounce but haven't gained one either. Perfect for me for right now.
  #640   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-20, 19:31

BF:

Oh BLUE- !!!!! Happy anniversary to you and the hubby!
I love the wind blowing though your hair and a perfect steak dinner, potatoes and all.

You know I hate to say this out loud- but ya know there are some times the WOE just doesn't matter- tonight was your night to just let it go and enjoy! I'm so glad you did!

There is tomorrow! - not tonight!!!!!! Break open the Champagne and have some fun- kick off your socks, watch the stars, talk about what you found attractive about the other one in the beginning!
CHEERS my friend!
  #641   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 04:05

BF:

Good Morning,

Jaz.....you are my first thought when I wake up. What a horrific situation you are in, but what important work you are doing. If we don't have nurses & doctors, we have no hope. I just simply can't understand why there are no basic safety supplies for our health care workers. I just don't see how that could happen. Unbelievable! You were so sweet to give that lady at Walgreen's some gloves and sanitizer.

I was thinking about your daughter and her C-19. Wasn't she just to your house like a week before she found out she had it? I suppose you could have even picked it up from her before her symptoms began. Then I was thinking about the symptoms you had....was it Sunday & Monday? I know not everyone goes down with it.....I don't know. I'm grasping at straws hoping beyond hope that your immune system will deal with it and kick it to the curb. All good thoughts to you.

Blue.....Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you made the most of your day during this weird time. We were married in 1989 too.......July 15. Stay well.

Nic....Good on you for keeping up your walking. I feel so bad for your neighbor who just lost his wife and now going thru this virus mess too. So nice of you to stop and let him tell you about their trip to FL etc.

Trig...Did you get your errands done yesterday? I hope your area continues to be virus free.

Not sure what, if anything, I'll do today. Maybe a bit of laundry....just putter around. If it warms up and it's not too windy, I may go out for a walk. I just hate a cold wind.

There was a guy on our road yesterday just a few yards from our house inspecting a little bridge/culvert that we heard is due for replacement. Anyway, DH went and talked to him and found out that they will soon be starting the work. Lots of big equipment coming and they will be tearing up the road and railroad tracks from our side of the road to the river. They will close our road, which will mean a bit of a detour for us. The worst part.....they are going to work at night. He told DH that we are in for some sleepless nights. I ordered some noise cancelling ear buds and will download a white noise app for my phone....not sure it will help, but not sure what else to try. DH & I will both be cranky butts when we're not able to sleep! At least we don't have to go to work.

That's it from here. Let's just get thru another day. (((Hugs)))
  #642   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 04:18

BF:

Up before the birds and sun- my alarm goes off at 5:15- I leave at 7:15-to make it by 8. I have to park and walk a ways! I would have loved to have had NIC'S step counter yesterday! Holy cow did I get my steps in.

That is about my only silver lining with this job. You know if you get real quiet people like to talk. So- I guess there was a huge shake up in the dept. about 6 months ago and 3/4 of the staff left. I guess my unit has had 4 people start and leave. The last one picked up her purse said she was getting something from her car and never came back. AWESOME.
The team made some comment that got back to me- "We wonder how long this one will stay".

Last night I made up some crack slaw for tonight. I really have no desire to cook when I get home at 5:30. I like being able to pull something out and have it ready.
So that is my meal.

DD- texted me already this morning she is holding her own and so far kids are symptom free. She is uncomfortable but not emergent. We never stop worrying about our kids do we!

Today I will be shadowing all day. Tomorrow is a computer class.

Nothing else- just more clamp downs and shelter in place in the state. The entire state is on lock down and the Florida boarder is closed.
There is 2 more ships wanting to dock in Florida- apparently both ships have hundreds of sick on board.

NIC- I am so glad you cancelled your cruise. I can't even wrap my head around being trapped on a boat with tons of sick people. How goes in in your area?
Are you still getting out about getting your walks in?

Blue- see the post above for you!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Lori- - hey there GF. I know you are having a rough time being as active as you were with the gym, yoga. I am wondering if you are getting your walks in!
You said you really stocked up at the store. Did you not get your food box?

Trig- HIYA!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
have a great day
  #643   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 06:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, oh ya got the bigger roadwork happening right near your house....and late time work? interesting on that. I always drove a small back road to my house and this tiny tiny bridge was being redone....my gosh it took like a year for this little bridge. In fact I stopped driving this road now cause my drive pattern changed cause the road was closed...always closed due to this bridge never getting finished LOL

Glad Betty's fix was easy and done

Blue glad you had a stellar anniversary!! Glad you enjoyed your day!!

Nicco, glad your sleep is better with the other sheets
That was a great chat with your neighbor, enjoyed reading it!!

Jaz, stay safe. You are front lines. You hold strong my friend!!!

hey all
off to mom's to hit Wendy's drive thru for chili.....yea yea and then off to grocery store. Usual trip. I said to mom do you wanna stay in or getting worried or anything and she said no. Not at all. We are country here and we are not like the big areas at all right now....right now??…I don't know of it all in the end but being cautious etc. and being smart of it all as it all goes down as it will. Mom said she will call her own shots and what happens happens I am super cool with just that.

Hubby and I hit Lowe's last night. Got new picket fence post for side fence from the house to the horse pasture fence. Hubby will work on that today while I am gone. Lowe's closed at 8:30 and we went at 7:30 for less people....heck there weren't less people LOL People were shopping as normal mostly, luckily the fence area was devoid of shoppers so we got our fence and left. So still things are moving around here in good shape but being smart obvy.

I wish hubby could work more but it is what it is...for all. Horrible the financial devastation from this situation. It is going to be a massive global crazy sh** hit the fan situation for so many. Sad. All of this is sad.

but off to hit the shower, get moving. See what the day brings.

Holding new low on the scale so that is good, even my 5 beers did not impact me at all. Hmmm, now I want more beer LOL but I won't. I will get more rum for my summer fun party time to entertain my butt HAHA

be safe and good ya'll
  #644   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 12:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ugh, Jaz, your comment about being 'drenched in C-19' made me shudder for you. I know the fear is very real. I have many friends in the health care field who are out there serving and not properly protected. My heart goes out to you guys and I realize how lucky I am to be 'safe at home, not stuck at home.'

You were super nice to hand over some of your gloves. To be frank and honest, I'm not sure I would have done that. I'd like to think so, but I don't know.

I'm glad to hear your DD is not feeling too badly. Hopefully it stays that way and the Littles don't get sick. Maybe she will have a mild case!

Blue- I agree with you completely, from the lack of adequate protection for our healthcare workers to the disregard of the edict to stay home except for necessary reasons. The longer people go out for this, that and the other thing, the longer this will go on for all of us.

Happy Anniversary!! And many more years together of health and happiness. For all the restrictions you have on what you can do, it sounds like a lovely day. And well done maintaining, too!

Lori- They are working NIGHTS? Why?? Lord knows there should be little to no traffic out there these days. I would not be happy about that!

Trig- Awesome that the beers didn't hit ya weight wise!

Make sure you and your Mom are washing up when you all go out!

••••••••••••

It's kind of hard to believe we are in to April now. Somehow it feels a bit surprising. I feel like from late February to now is a bit of a blur. I don't know why.

Got up, got DS18 up for online school and hung out for a bit, then bundled up and took my walk. 3 miles, a couple of podcasts.. it was good. I was bundled up though- lightweight down coat, gloves, scarf and hat today. It's gusty and was in the 40s. I did get quite warm by the end of it!

I've got the laundry going now. Tonight is "take out" night and we are all kind of excited about it because it is something new. lol There will be a discussion about what to get. We will also be discussing next week's menu and the grocery because I am going tomorrow. I am trying to go out to shop only once per week. So anything anyone wants needs to be spoken for tonight.

DD, bless her, actually made me 3 homemade masks! They are obviously not any kind of medical grade, just made from some cloth that I had here at home, but it will remind me not to touch my face and offer me perhaps a touch of protection.

Not much else to add. Not eating LC right now, but also not doing any binging or anything. Scale is holding very steady, surprisingly. I am at the weight or slightly less than when I left to go to the mountains a couple of weeks ago. I do have a wheat belly going on but I can live with that for now.

That's about it!
  #645   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 16:48

BF:

Well- My evening post!

I am officially seriously drenched in C-19. We were doing our morning rounds on the unit and went into a patients rooms to round. Half of us did not yet have a mask. Her chart and door was not marked as droplet precautions.
So there about 8 of us stood shoulder to should crammed into a tine patient too.
While we were standing there the NP walked up and said- OH.... did her C-19 come back yet? Let me check........... oh yea........ acute.... I put my mask on the rest of the day regardless, but it was too late.
The other nurse who was in the room with me was crying in the break room. She told me she has her parents and kids who live with her. URGHHHHHHHHHHHH

The director got wind of what happened and told us keep right on working. If/when any of us show symptoms wear a mask and show up. It never got written up as an error either! It put us all at risk.

It gets better, the last half of the day our dept were all called into the directors office and were told that the ICU doctors and nurses are dropping line flies and they need a second line ready- would we volunteer.
I told her as much of a team player I am, I would not be comfortable in the best of circumstances. I have worked labor and delivery and Surgery- not floor nursing. I politely declined. I am already too close for comfort. I have to walk in from the employee parking lot right by the ambulance bay. So we walk in back of transports coming in. The hallways are full of people in masks coming in on oxygen........

It is a war zone. Nobody smiles- I am getting used to hearing codes called everyday.

The bright side. I really hit it off with my preceptor! We have SO SO SO much in common. She is prepping for a triathlon at 58 years old and is stunning shape! She told me her story. She and her sister were morbidly obese. She has dropped 70 pounds Keto/ her sister 110 pounds doing Carnivore. They are training together. Her sister is 53.

She goes to LOW CARB conferences all over the country and listening to the experts, Fung, Tabules, Lustig..... and many more. She showed me a pic of her and Gary Taubles. !!!!! Super jealous of that! SO cool.
She also works with a friend who works with VETS- to talk about her experience with Keto/ Low carb and how it saved her life!
we just chatted away - between the chaos on the floor. Sighhhhh
In another life I might have liked this job. I am just now waiting for the boom, my turn. I have no more tears, I am numb.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Nic- Girl count your blessing you're safe and home! You have your family and you can work on things at your leisure!
Enjoy your time and family!!!!!!!

Lori- I hope you got your walk in!!!!! OMG- Without sleep I am a bear! This gal and you would have hit it off too! OMG she is sO so so so inspiring. I was sharing my sorry too and told her I really needed to "step it up". She offered to be my work out advocate for free- just wanted to encourage me. I so thought of you. You are so inspiring! I hope when all this is said and done you will reach out and offer again your services for those of us that might need a account buddy!
You would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue-- Whoot- Hoping your evening was awesome!!!!
How was your day?

Trig- - Look I am not going to be a Debbie downer here- but your mom's what ever happens happens is well......... I should butt out here. but truly my friend if you could see what I see - people with tubes and hooks up to ventilators to just breath- you would not want your mom to go though that. TRUST me please I beg you to take this a bit serious. I am sorry to totally butt in - after this I will not bring it up again. But trust me , we have a very rural area here in GA that is getting hit VERY hard. It is coming to a farm near you. I love you, I care for you and I just have to say my piece and you do with it what you want. But to watch and see what I see I don't want anyone to go through this. It is worse than ever thought. This is not a made up far away thing. I love ya gal and I apologize if I have over stepped.

I am glad you are doing well and happy! I know you thrive in the sun and that is a great thing!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My DD has taken a turn for the worse and is in a bad spot. She is gasping for air and will not take my call. She knows I will not stop until something is done. As soon as this post is over I am calling her husband to step up and help her. she is lacking oxygen at the moment and not thinking clearly.
All this comes from my son. He is scared shitless for her as am I.

Ate food- it was LC.

later- I need a glass of wine. Numb-