Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 14:25

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Default I posted this same post in my Journal but decided to put it here too!

Well today is scale day, and my digital scale said..... well first let me just say, it's been a little over a week since I last weighed myself...... so anyway I went to the gym this morning and got on the scale there and ....... Oh, yes, on Saturday and Sunday I was carbing up, because I thought I would try to induce a little glycogen into the ole muscles, I was feeling rather fatigued, low energy, and really wanted to see if I could actually eat some highly glycemic carbs and not go so crazy that I couldn't get back on my WOL and WOE, so I didn't work out those 2 days and I ate a fairly moderate amount of calories, all of which cumulated in Sundays meal which I finished off a piece of pineapple upside down cake which was under a piece of strawberry short cake.... Yum! So then the true test was on, MONDAY I had to go back to low carbing.... and I did a great job! I actually had a surpressed appetite! I was worried of course that I'd have a weight gain from of course the carbs, but also because I worked out like crazy Monday and Tuesday, I am sore! I feel slightly "swollen" so I really was not looking forward to my regular Wednesday morning weigh in. My weight was this mornining - oh wait, the real question in my mind over all this was would the increase in my glycogen stores, plus water weight because when you increase your glyc it generally also increasing the amount of water weight as well because the glyc bonds to a water molecule... and what with the increased soreness and the feeling of swelling I had through out my body I wasn't looking forward to the scale this morning......

So the answer to the 64 million dollar question is, and that is $98,086,400 Canadian, for the 1st time since my son was born in 1988 I weigh 189lbs!

I'm so under 190!!!!

Whew, I'm mentally exhausted!
Later!

Carl
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 10:02

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

Dynomite! Congrats amigo! that scale pressure is a killer. you've been a machine getting down to where you are now. I admire and respect all the hardwork youve done and hope I can achieve a goal very similiar

Topher
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:47

Default Hey Chris!

Chris,

Thanks, and while I may be on the final stages you are doing great yourself! You can tell by your pictures you even look more healthy, dynamic and refreshed! So has the ol boss noticed anything yet or said anything more since your lunch out??

Anyway, work out last night was too much for me.... I'm really feeling wiped, it was all I could do just to get myself to the gym and do it! I am starting a new carb up tonight, and I think I've just about run out of energy.... I did squats last night though and was able to do 300 lbs for 5 reps... that's a personal best, though I hate them so much though, I always bruise my shoulder with the bar! grrrr! This time my tee shirt left a real good impression of the seams in my skin too! I even use a padded bar!
I'm still pooped this morning, had to skip my usual cardio cause I slept in an extra 45 mins, the bed was a black hole, Scotty, I need more power, can't dooo it Capt'n, ya can't repeale th' laws of 'fisics! Scotty, ya got one more commercial break, you get me out of bed Mister! Aye Capt'n!

One last workout today (this evening) before carbups begin!

Carl
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 14:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/178.6/150 Female 63"
BF:47.5%/37.8%/27%
Progress: 54%
Talking funny man!

I also wanted to throw a congrats your way (duck!) Your posts are so funny, I wonder what you do in the real world..this could be a rhetorical question...or not! Have a great day! Anita
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 14:55

Default Rhetorical question?

Well, I certainly don't get paid for being funny... that would be nice! My heros off ice are Robin Williams, Jim Carey... et al. As a matter of fact I've always been a bit of a cut up and actually had to curb that as I am in the engineering world, and "they" don't really always apprectiate the world of the funny. Such a serious business! I am, if you really want my whole title a "Principal Instrumentation/Electrical Designer" I do a lot of work in the automation of wells and pipelines.

Well off to lunch am I!

Carl
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 09:41

BF:

Speaking of Jim Carrey... who was the madman who decided that he should have the power of God.... Bob Almighty looks pretty damn funny to me

How things been carl? I added a lower back machine to my workout and man am I feeling it. Also I added the trusty ab machine and I can already feel my tummy adjusting.

Whats shaking in your neck of the world?

CJ
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 22:45

Hey CJ,

Did you get to see Bob Almighty yet, I'm planning on it next weekend, it is out right? I'm lost and don't even know it.... but yeah, looks good!

I'm stalling a little right now, I have an ice show to be in and choreograph too, so I've noticed with a little stress, it's easy to pick up the wrong thing to eat, but better a stall than a gain, and with all I've lost over the last 2 months, a couple weeks of no loss make me feel that I am just rev'ing up for another rounds of droppages!!!

later,
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 07:51

BF:

Hey there Carl,

Havn't seen it yet actually. Things are going well myself.. in a little bit of a stall here as well.. more like a slow down then an actual stall. Im hoping for another 5 or so lbs in the next couple weeks but we'll see. Im going to step up the gym routine a bit and see what I can pull off...

I'm >< close to being in the 230's which seemed like a dream 4 months ago... so Im not unhappy with my progress at all.. just I know Im in for the long haul now for the rest of it...

CJ
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 17:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/178.6/150 Female 63"
BF:47.5%/37.8%/27%
Progress: 54%
Wink Hey stranger than me!

I have been away from the boards for awhile and thought I would pop in to see how you were doin! I hope sall is well...anything new going on? I am in school and all is going well there...but...I seem to have little time to eat right. I still do my workout and aqua 5 times a week...just plopped a weight bench and all the goodies in my living room yesterday so I can do something on the weekends too (my gym is closed on sat and sun..cus it's a PT clinic) and I feel poopy...run down but still losing slowly. I just started to sweat last week! ewwww...whats that all about? It hits about 5 minutes into my cardio, which I have increased to 25 minutes every day. Now I HAVE to drag shampoo to the gym...pretty soon I will be haulin my other tools to maintain my ah hem..."natural beauty"..hee hee haaa...see even my laugh sounds fatigued. Any bright ideas "o guru of the ice"? I look forward to hearing from you. Sillychili