Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 13:05
Lipivore

Plan: Very Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 270/185/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Hybrid/Neanderthal/Aspie

Hybrid,

I found the link on your signature to be very interesting. I've, as long as I can remember, believed that Neanderthal man was absorbed into the Homosapien population. MANY Americans have Native American blood in them but you wouldn't know it by looking at them.

I just took the Aspie Quiz and my score is 141 of 200 and my nuerotypical score was 88 out of 200. They said I was very likely an Aspie! In a way, I can believe it, yet I'm sort of surprised.

I think the question that stood out the most was about summarizing things. I can hardly ever tell a story in the correct order. When I get to a part that relies on a previous part that I hadn't mentioned, I start to stumble. I usually have someone else tell the story if I can and then interject the parts they forgot.

For many of the questions, I wish I'd had someone in front of me asking them so that I could have them clarify e.g. "Don't you usually mind unexpected touch or an unexpected hug?" I couldn't determine if they wanted the positive answer or the negative. Some of the questions didn't apply to me but were dead on with some of my siblings - rocking for instance.

Craig
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 13:32

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Interesting. I went and took the aspie quiz and it said my aspie score was 128/200 and my neurotypical score was 91/200, making me a likely aspie. I always feel weird/uncomfortable in social situations and I actively avoid situations where I have to interact with strangers, but I thought that was just it...that I was weird or had social anxiety or something.

I put "I don't know" for a bunch of the questions though. Like, do you smile at inappropriate times...how would I know unless someone told me? No one ever has, but maybe they were being polite.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 14:20
Lipivore

BF:

I also feel anxious in social situations, especially when I'm together with people I've known, independently of each other, for the first time. I don't know how to act in front of both of them at the same time.

I always liked math and science but had much difficulty understanding how people could interpret a poem and have it be the only right answer. I just couldn't see how there could be a single right answer. In school, I would always guess in those circumstances. I still can't see how people can see the seemingly obvious, when I can't. Once explained, I can understand it but why can't interpretation x, y, or z be correct?

Craig
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 14:55

Plan: a mixture
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

can you post the link for the quiz
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 15:28
Lipivore

BF:

#6   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 15:39
Lipivore

BF:

Here's a link to The Neanderthal Theory, which I found in Hybrid's signature:

http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Craig
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 17:05

Plan: My Own
Stats: 175/148.8/140 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 75%

I did the test and:

Your Aspie score: 162 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 18:07

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

My results were:

Your Aspie score: 63 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 147 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

#9   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 18:10
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Frankly, I think anyone who can wade through all the other information and figure out how to take the test has a pretty good chance of being on the spectrum.

Dodger, you're an exception.

Kay
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 19:41

Plan: a mixture
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Your Aspie score: 142 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 76 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 19:47

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Frankly, I think anyone who can wade through all the other information and figure out how to take the test has a pretty good chance of being on the spectrum.

Dodger, you're an exception.

Kay

I took the quiz before the link got posted just by googling aspie quiz. It's the first hit.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 20:17
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
I took the quiz before the link got posted just by googling aspie quiz. It's the first hit.

Kallyn, I think googling may disqualify you. It makes way too much main stream sense....not that I thought of it.

This is not a bad quiz, as these things go. But we all tend to interpret self-administered tests in different ways, placing more or less importance on certain areas. I have been in the field of autism spectrum disorders for over thirty years, and humbly suggest that I'm more of an expert than your average bear.

I've always thought of autism as being on a continuum from normal to bizarre, and there are some aspects of my own behavior that fit somewhere on that line. I cannot stand labels and tags in my clothes, have to adjust crooked pictures wherever I am, even if it's not appropriate to do so, have a great deal of trouble filtering out extraneous noise. Hate having my personal physical space invaded even by good friends.

But socially and communicatively, I'm fine. It's just the sensory stuff that's weird for me. Incidentally, my score was: Asperger'
s 52 of 200, neurotypical (now there's a really interesting label!, it's almost worse than the oh so cutesy term "aspie"), 152 of 200.

Ah, enough. If those of you who are contributing to this thread are serious about a possible diagnosis, please check with your state autism society to see about resources or feel free to pm me with questions about how you might find additional help.

And remember that there is a lot of room for everyone in this world.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 21:37
Lipivore

BF:

Thanks TarHeel,

Actually, I'm relieved that I've found out that this is what me and most of my family memebers have. My doctor gave me a couple of tests once. One for ADHD and the other for depression. He said I had some traits of ADHD but not enough to be considered it. As for the depression, he said I was all over the map on that one and that it wasn't consintent with depression but that my life was in turmoil. I also have problems conveying what I want to say although I have no problems understanding.

Also, I research things to death and get frustrated when I can't find anything new...such as today with this topic. I take it all in but if you ask me to tell you about it...it's very difficult unless you give me a test. It's as if I need something to prompt me then my brain will go right to it with no problem.

I'm really good with troubleshooting and can't understand why people can't see the problem with something concrete such as a piece of equipment and the way that it's hooked up or how to assemble something. People are always asking me to fix their computers but I have to be there to do it. I can't just tell them. It makes me feel vindicated since I can't fathom how people can interpret abstract ideas as I mentioned in an earlier post.

I think I will contact my state autism society. Thanks for the suggestion.

Craig
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 22:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

My auspie score was 40.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 23:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181.5/154.5/130
BF:36% +-/??/20%+-
Progress: 52%

Hi All! I pretty much do most of my lurking around here.. but this thing said I had a score like below:
"Your Aspie score: 124 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 106 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits"

I've scanned the literature and stuff, but what EXACTLY does that mean?

I do have cherokee back there in my maternal grandfather's time.. but mostly northern European from then on. Can't stand hot weather and I LIKE wearing clothes, thank you..