Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 22:06
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%
Default Any Aussies use DaVinci SF syrups?

I was just wondering if many Aussie low carbers bought DaVinci SF syrups from Pine Tea and Coffee in Sydney. While placing my order today I got talking to one of the people who work there about the popularity of the SF range and whether they would be getting more flavours in. She said that they have to order a minimum of 30 cases (12 bottles per case) for each flavour so they only ordered the flavours that they felt they could sell within a two year period. The sugar free range only has a domestic market as opposed to the non sugar free range which they sell by the truckload to cafes, restaurants etc. So basically if they don’t sell enough of the SF range they will have to stop getting it in or at least reduce their flavour selection. Anyway they’ve got a lot more flavours in since I placed my last order so I thought I would let everybody know in case they were interested in buying some.

The flavours they have available in SF are - almond, banana, butter rum, caramel, chocolate, chai black tea, English toffee, French vanilla, green tea con, hazelnut, Irish cream, kahuli caffe, lemon tea con, macadamia nut, raspberry, strawberry, vanilla.

So far I’ve used the chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and caramel. Chocolate is my favourite and the strawberry and vanilla are good too but I don’t like the caramel very much and only use it when making my DH’s muffins. I’ve just ordered several of the new flavours so if anyone’s interesting in what they’re like I can post when I’ve tried them.

So if you were thinking of buying some syrup.....the more they sell the more flavours they’ll get in! Their website is www.pineteacoffee.com.au and they deliver Australia wide.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.8/152/128 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Thanks for the info zedgirl, I'm going to order some this week! What were the delivery charges like, and how long did delivery take?
Susie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:59
Say cheese!

BF:

Hi sgab4415

Delivery took exactly one week to Perth and freight charges were $13.64 (for 4 bottles) which I though was reasonable. I see you're in Sydney though.....did you know they were in Castle Hill?
I've got banana, French vanilla (I hear it's much better than plain vanilla), chai black tea, raspberry, hazelnut and English toffee coming this time. I buy those little picnic sauce bottles and fill them up for ease of use and then share them with my mother who is also lc'ing.

Last edited by zedgirl : Tue, Oct-07-03 at 22:01.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 19:23

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 244/227.3/189 Female 6'0"
BF:51%/??/30%
Progress: 30%

I don't see any nutritional info. Do some of the carb counts vary? What do they use as a sweetener?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 17:09
Say cheese!

BF:

wabi_sabi

DaVinci syrups are 0 carbs for all flavours......infact they're 0 everything (fat,calories and protein). They're made with liquid Splenda so are Atkins acceptable.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 21:40

Stats: 184.8/152/128 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

thanks again zedgirl
i called them and i'm going to pick up some from there castle hill store this weekend, i'm not sure how many flavours i plan to get, but after reading the list i think i might be tempted to try most of them!!
susie
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 22:50
Say cheese!

BF:

My order just arrived this morning but I haven't tried any of them yet. The banana and raspberry syrups smell divine though.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:39

Stats: 197/178/140 Female 180cm
BF:30.1
Progress: 33%

At the risk of sounding silly, what do you use them for?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:52
Say cheese!

BF:

I use them to flavour my protein shakes and muffins and as a topping for my porridge. Others use them in drinks mixed with soda water or in cocktails etc. If you're interested try doing a search on Da Vinci syrups and see what comes up.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 02:16

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Syrups

My brother lives right near their shop, my S-I-Law went there after I told them about it. They bought me some for bottles for Christmas (Bananna and Raspberry). I have to say I will never be without these in my pantry from now on. They are very economical in terms of the flavour, a little goes a long way. I have been using them to top my pancakes, my LC cereal, my protein drinks, and for a special treat on some LC ice-cream. They are soooooo good. I am going to ask them to pick me up some Kahuli Caffe and Butter Rum next (English toffee sounds good too). Ohhhh so many to choose from
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 217.8/190.9/154 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile Just ordered 4 bottles, hope its good!!!

Just wanted to let you know that i have done my bit towards keeping the SF syrup range flowing!!!

I ordered English Toffee, French Vanilla, Irish Cream and Kahuli Coffee. Man I hope they are good!!!

Do they taste sweet or real artifical? Are they thick or really runny?

Just thinking of all the uses for them!!

Any new suggestion would be much appreciated!!

Cheers Cheley
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 01:57

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

They are of a fluid consistency ... like sugar water. They are sweet, very sweet, not artificial tasting. I would add them to dishes as part of the fluid requirement as a flavouring. The really don't need more than say a tablespoon for a protein drink, as an example.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 16:56
Registered Member

Stats: 217.8/190.9/154 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks Luscious,

Cant wait to get them and start experimenting!

Cheers Cheley.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 21:18
Happy Loser!

Plan: Atkins food, IF 20/4
Stats: 287/238/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I dropped in at Pine Tea and Coffee's warehouse when I was down in Sydney (home!) in July and bought chocolate, raspberry and vanilla syrups. The lady I spoke to was still worried about low order numbers and maybe not being able to keep stocking the SF Da Vinci. She also mentioned that they now have to specially order their batches in plastic bottles rather than glass, otherwise a lot get broken when they're sent out to mail order customers.

So I'm bumping this thread for anyone who may not have known about Pine or Da Vinci SF but might want to make an order

Em
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 21:30

Stats: 188/173/145 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 35%

Silly me bought my SF Davinci syrups from Netrition because I couldn't find an Australian supplier (I've got one now thankfully!). The actual unit price of the syrups was really good...what killed me was the freight! US$80! Not doing that again. I'll support our local importer now.