Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:51

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee

It really does seem to take an extended period before meat alone "feels" completely right... Many people bail out in the first couple of months, in the darkness before the dawn - as it were, but if they just stuck it out a little longer I think they'd start to feel much better.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 12:06

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Here's another umami option. If long slow cooking of pork is not paleo either, then this won't work for you:

I tried my red cooked pork again yesterday. It's definitely getting better each time. In case you missed it in the other thread, red cooked pork is pork shoulder that's been cooked in broth. When you're done, you save the broth for next time. The OP said that some chinese restaurants have used the same broth for decades.

This time I found the star anise, so I threw that in with some onions and ginger, and the bones from our last pork chops. I was all out of vinegar, but I put in some kombucha. I left it in the slow cooker on "keep warm" all night, turned it off in the middle of the day, and turned it back on before dinnertime. I think it was an especially fatty pork roast. Boy was it good!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-08, 23:49

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I like it -- hey Mikee!

Sundried tomatoes are a good idea too.