Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 08:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/124/126
BF:
Progress: 106%

it's a great thought...having to eat more to lose weight...

and it is so true !!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 12:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Wink Enjoyable Slavery

Quote:
Give yourself a BIG present. Weigh yourself ONCE every 30 days...or even better, weigh yourself on a distanced schedule - for example, on the even months only and only on the 2nd wednesday morning of that month. Making a bit of a game about it

YUCK, THAT WOULDN'T BE A PRESENT FOR ME. I CAN BE VERY OBSESSIONAL, AND THAT SORT OF THING CAN MAKE ME WORSE. ALSO, IF I ONLY WEIGH ON "SPECIFIC" DAYS OR DATES, NOT ONLY DO I FREAK WHEN SOMETHING PREVENTS IT, BUT I GET EXPECTATIONS OF HOW MUCH I WILL HAVE LOST BY THEN. NO THANKS.

AS IT IS, I ENJOY MY WEE ROUTINE; GET UP, PEE, WEIGH. IT IS JUST ONE MORE THING I DO IN MY DAY, NO MORE AND NO LESS. IT ISN'T A VALIDATION OF MYSELF AS A HUMAN BEING; IT IS JUST SOMETHING I LIKE TO DO. I'M NOSEY AND .LIKE TO SEE WHERE I AM, WEIGHTWISE. I *ENJOY* MY NUMBERS AND KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE; I AM *NOT* A NUMBER, BUT I ENJOY CHECKING MY WEIGHT IN THE MORNINGS.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION NSMITH4366, BUT NO THANKS. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT, AND I AM GLAD YOU HAVE FOUND WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU. ISN'T IT GREAT WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU?

AS FOR THE CANDIDA SYMPTOMS CHRIS, I DON/T WANT TO WRITE A BOOK HERE (AND IT COULD TAKE THAT!), SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE ON WILLIAM CROOK'S WEBSITE (HE HAS WRITTEN ON CANDIDA):

[URL=http://www.candida-yeast.com/questionaire.htm[/URL]

HE ALSO HAS LINKS YOU CAN LOOK AT. THERE IS ALSO A CANDIDA FORUM ON THIS WEBSITE, SO YOU COULD HAVE A WEE GANDER AT THAT TOO. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

AS FOR HOW I MANAGE ON THREE DIETS, WELL, TINK, IT ISN'T AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS. IN ATKINS, YOU CUT OUT CERTAIN THINGS THAT A PERSON ON AN ANTI-CANDIDA DIET WON'T EAT ANYWAY (GRAINS, SUGAR, ETC.) AND ON THE ANTI-CANDIDA ONE, THEN REMOVE CHEESES, NUTS (EXCEPT FRESHLY SHELLED, AS THEY CAN ATTRACT MOLD), MUSHROOMS AND OTHER FUNGHI, FERMENTED THINGS (BEER, WINE, VINEGAR, SOY SAUCE...), ETC. NOW, A GLUTEN-FREE DIET TAKES OUT STUFF THAT I HAVE ALREADY REMOVED, SO I AM PRETTY MUCH ON THAT ONE BY DEFAULT
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 154/128/120
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Scales

Hi Lossiebeth

I seem to be a bit obsessed with weighing everyday too - the first thing I think about when I wake up is how my stomach feels and then I tell myself either "You've probably lost a bit today" or "I bet you've put on!" Then I go to the loo and jump on the scales.

Perhaps I ought to add that I don't make a habit of talking to myself

I was just the same this morning as yesterday (at least it's not up), but now we've got the oven fixed today I'm fixing a nice low carb cod mornay for supper

Chrissy
www.sugarlite.co.uk
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 02:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/183/140
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Cod mornay!!!!

Hi Chrissy
I've been trying to think of something different for tea.
Cod mornay that sounds good what is the recipe?
(come on spill the beans!!! I mean spill the cod)
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 04:47
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 154/128/120
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Cod Mornay

Hi Chris

It was rather delish but I'm afraid it was just a bung in the oven ready meal from Tesco - 2 carbs for 1/2 packet (the cooker had just been fixed, Tom had a little friend round for tea and I needed something quick & easy for myself and Stu - and I'm sticking to that excuse

But seriously, it can't be that hard to make so I'm going to hunt for a recipe and I'll keep you posted.

Speak to you soon

Chrissy
www.sugarlite.co.uk
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 07:01
Registered Member

BF:
Default FISH AND CHIPS (Frenchfries)

Thanks Chrissy I await the recipe with baited breathe.

Speaking of fish recipes... (where's the salt and vinegar)?

Last Friday I did grilled cod and coated it with grated cheese then slow grill the cheese until crunchy like batter.

( I grilled the fish until it was nearly cooked then covered it in mature crumbly cheese and put it back under a low grill )
MMMM closes thing to batter I've had in a long time.

Now for the chips(frenchfries)

Try roasting in the oven finely cut veggies e.g. try parsnips, swede, don't forget to count the carbs.........

Last edited by CHRIS BRAY : Thu, May-23-02 at 07:20.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 14:28
Registered Member

BF:
Default ELECTRONIC TYPE......

Oh how I miss my old bathroom scales... If I needed a quick fix I would just wiggle around and Hey Presto 3lb weight loss.

These new electronic scales are tooooo! precise (no cheating) I have not lost any weight this week, how depressing. I could blame it on the fresh cream, but I think it's hidden carbs..

I must re-read DAD's revolution ( good eh! D r.A tkin's D iet) and get back to basics. (induction).

Still haven't kicked the compulsion to weigh myself every morning.
I would hate to be eating something really bad and not find out for a whole week (like the time I got hooked on salted peanuts)

Hey I will not give up I love this L/C diet, I'm never hungry, contented and not gaining weight, tomorrow I will lose

Last edited by CHRIS BRAY : Sat, May-25-02 at 01:33.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 03:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!

SPEAKING OF HIDDEN CARBS...I'VE GOT CANDIDA, RIGHT? ONE OF THE THINGS THEY SUGGEST TO HELP GET RID OF IT IS ACIDOPHILLUS (LIVE "GOOD" BACTERIA"). I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS MERRILY. MY MOTHER GAVE ME THE BOTTLE AS IT DISAGREED WITH HER (SHE TOO IS LACTOSE INTOLERANT, AND IT IS DAIRY-BASED). SO, I HAVE TAKEN MY LACTASE (TO HELP THE LACTOSE INTOLERANCE) WITH IT, AND GOTTEN ALONG FINE. HOWEVER, MY WEIGHT HAS BEEN STALLING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO "DAD" AND NOT OVER-CARBING.

THE OTHER DAY IT FINALLY OCCURRED TO ME TO CHECK THE LABEL OF THIS STUFF. ME, MISS LABEL READER, HAD COMPLETELY MISSED THE 200 GRAMS OF CITRUS PECTIN IN EACH TABLET! OOPS. SO, I CUT IT OUT, AND THE SCALE HAS MOVED AGAIN, NOT WILDLY, BUT IT HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AGAIN.

I AM TAKING ACIDOPHILLUS *WITHOUT* CITRUS PECTIN NOW. I WILL GO BACK TO THE ONE WITH THE PECTIN IN IT AT SOME POINT AND SEE IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN. IT COULD BE A FLUKE, BUT THIS IS ONE REASON I WEIGH EVERY DAY. STUFF *DOES* SHOW UP QUICKLY WITH ME. IF I SCREW UP, YOU CAN BE SURE IT WILL BE "UNDERFOOT" THE NEXT MORNING, AND THE SAME IF I DO SOMETHING EXCEPTIONALLY "GOOD".

HAVING SAID THAT, MY BODY IS VERY STRANGE. I TEND TO LOSE SOME, REGAIN IT, LOSE IT AGAIN, *THEN* MOVE ON AGAIN. I DON'T SEEM TO EVER JUST GO DOWN. WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRD!

KEEP ON HANGING IN THERE. WATCH THE CREAM THOUGH. IT CAN DO NASTY THINGS TO ME (I HAVE TOO MUCH THEN START TO CRAVE IT, THEN THE WEIGHT CREEPS UP AGAIN...). YOU MIGHT BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THOUGH.

IT IS FUNNY THAT YOU MISS YOUR OLD SCALES. I *HATE* IMPRECISE ONES. I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, NO MATTER HOW BAD. THAT WAY WHEN I *DO* GET A GOOD READING, I CAN BE *SURE* IT IS ACCURATE. OBSESSED, ME?
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 10:12
Registered Member

BF:
Default Slave to the scales

I have returned the electronic scale there was a problem with the digital read out. Serves me right for going for the cheapest. So I decided to go for the weight watcher approved. They are marvellous and weigh you to the ounce. ' see Argos catalogue'

I was on a major stall so I decided new scale back to basics and let's get the weight moving downwards again. I have just purchased Proffesor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet £7.99 from WH Smith. (Atkins with out the boring waffle) This is a lot easier to read very inspirational and plenty of good basic menus and exercises at the back. Well worth it for the inspiration and menus alone.

This week-end I did protein only and Monday morning I had a 4lb weight loss Yippee!!!!

Last edited by CHRIS BRAY : Wed, Jun-26-02 at 07:23.