Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 07:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good morning!

Sun is shining!! We walked across the street to a mini market and bought some bottled water and a couple 🍌 for Sis. She had leg cramps last night and a banana helps that problem for her.

We both slept well since we were exhausted from our travel day. 😴 We're going to head out for a beach walk in a few minutes. I'll try to email some pics later. Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 07:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori great reading the fun you guys are having and now with SUN, enjoy the heck outta that trip....and your shots of booze WEE...wish I was there with you guys

Nicco enjoy that trip coming but all in all you are always spot on with your control in life.......I so am that person too LOL but right now I got crazy going down.

Jaz, Tampa. heck yea LOL Nice weather and beachy coastal life....you are me and I am you on that one!!

-------------I got crazy.
mom losing mobility faster now.
dr appt good for getting forms handled etc but trip was tough.
mom now wants a wheelchair, she feels it too and I said the retirement home will recommend best etc. and will just move forward on it all....ugh.
Last night mom chatted fun times with a little girl in a black dress in the dining room. believe me I freaked out on handling that one! Not good.

So hard to watch what longer term life is just nothing but a total deteriation. I see one thing, I don't ever want this. puts one final quality of life vs. ?? against each other but that is so a personal to all of us of course.

ugh

OK doing alright but still in brain crazy here

just doing

sorry guys in that I ain't got much to truly say.
  #363   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 10:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Sun is out here too!!!!!!!!! 50/60's rest of week with sun! I can handle alot with sunshine!

Lori-
WHOOT- now truly begins your vacay! So glad the sun is out! I truly am excited for you! Can't wait to hear where you go and what you do!!!!!!!!

Trig
- Urghhhhh and urghhhhhhh - I am truly sorry you are having to watch this so up and close! We all are going to help those walk that path then it will be our turn! We are the generation after this one!
So the little girl was a memory I am HOPING!!!!

I so feel ya on watching those we love get to this point. I too am thinking I will never let it get there.
I have a personal friend who was DX with early stage onset dementia- she is in a facility and doesn't know her name, or remember how to eat. She was one of my besties when I was in Ohio. So so so sad. She is so young too- early 60's. She was diagnosed when she was 56, my age. So truly we just never know.

You are so doing the right thing with you mom by placing her in a facility equipped to handle all that. Visit often but leave her there, her new home.
Take every day and just do what needs to happen! Huggggsssss my friend. You have done it all right!!!!!!!! No guilt or regrets!

Nic- I know you are excited about your AUSTIN trip! Hopefully you too will get some warm sun on your face! Safe travels and truly have some fun! Life is short and enjoy every minute with your dad and SM. Is hubby going too or is this a solo trip?
----------------------------------------------------
Finally some sun! I am going to hit up the beach myself this afternoon! It will be a bit cool so leggings, flip flops and a jacket! All good. Maybe there will be some good shells washed up from all those storms the last few days!

So I have squared up my next landing spot. Charleston/Folley Beach. St. James Island to be exact. It is over the bridge from Charleston and Folley Rd dead ends into the beach. I have been there many times and really wanted to rent a spot on St. James but it is really $$$$$$- Then on the other side is Mt. Pleasant where all the good shopping is and north of course is Charleston proper!

It is a 2 bed/ condo ten minutes from the beach/ 15 minutes to downtown/ 20 min to Mt. Pleasant!

Now I can plow into the job hunt again. My systems are up and running, housing out of the way, and a beach walk on the planner today. Feeling good! Going to wash the gray outta my hair today. So that will be a plus!
So a J O B would be a the icing on the cake so to speak! Time to get back at it.

So yeah- yesterday I made a chopped salad period and I am up 3 pounds. WTF? Salad? this 3 pound swing is so annoying. I used a head of romaine and cut it up myself....... oh wait..... I used feta- there ya go. It just sounded good ya know???? Just a really simple chopped salad- two hard boiled eggs and feta and ranch. It was really good. But there I have it- that dam dairy.

Today I will make the orange roughy that has been thawed and use or lose it today. It is $$ too!
Simple food today.

Simple walk, simple food, simply checking out jobs- at my own pace.

Peace all!!!!!
  #364   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 10:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Everyone!

WHOO HOO the slideshow for SM's 85th birthday is complete. It is about 14 minutes long and I'm pretty proud of it. That will be one of my gifts to her. We are also paying for her and my Dad to have a fancy room overnight after the dinner. That being said, I think that can vary from person to person on how much they like that. One night can just be a hard adjustment, you know?

But anyway, glad to have that completed. I have checked in for my flight online (yes dh is going too!) and we leave tomorrow morning. Dogs get dropped off around 7:30 AM to their pet sitter and we head off to the airport.

Scale budged a bit (yay) half a pound down. Slogging along!

Jaz- Yay on finding a spot to settle for a bit. So you are on St James Island for your rental? How long is the rental term and what is the condo like? Curious minds!

Trig- Oh dear girl, hugs and more hugs. You are very much watching your Mom walk down the road to her next stop. Hearing my Mom talk about/to something I couldn't see would freak me out unless it seemed to bring her happiness or peace. How were all the appointments yesterday? I guess you survived it, anyway. Sending love and hugs.

Lori- Enjoy, enjoy your time with your Sis! Love that you had drinks and are living your best life. We get one turn so you may as well enjoy!

I'm off to meet my Doula client for lunch- I helped her with Baby One and Baby Two is due this summer.

I also bought a plane ticket to ATL for my Mom's surgery, but we'll see if it actually happens or not. I used points so I can easily toss those back in the points bank if it falls through.
  #365   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-22, 19:35

BF:

NIC- WHOOT! Have a great time tomorrow and the weekend! Awesome on your presentation to them. So thoughtful so kind. It would bring me to tears. So personal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safe travels and so glad hubby going too! Lordy knows you two could use some down time!

Can't wait for updates and how it all goes down! Yup and yup- So agreed we get one turn at life here- enjoy it!
That is so so so so so true. One shot- make it DAM great!

Trig- Thinking of you my friend!

Lori
- Cheers and Cheers- wondering what you are doing and Jelly as can be but so happy for you!
BTW Happy early Birthday! - will give you proper on your day but hey WORK IT FOR THOSE FREE DRINKS!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

----------------------------------------
Going to prop up feet . tired- but productive day.

Be safe! Cheers!
  #366   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-22, 05:13

BF:

Lori I know you guys are having fun

Nicco....super safe travels. Give us a trip report when ya can.
I love you do things like slideshows and all.

Jaz, very cool on St James. We did camping there and it is just a fab place, plus did my honeymoon in Charleston back in the day.

Can't wait to see your new digs. Sounds like things are coming together for ya!

yea that darn cheese.....your dairy just inflames your body You watch that cheese girl LOL

-------------just doing
getting stuff handled to get mom moved into retirement place. She can get 24/7 which she now needs.
very hard to watch all this go down and she is like, why me? and I say cause you are 94! Things slowly moving along to get this done sooner than later now.

eating is ok. focus on beef. I do so well on beef. just keeps me calm.

let kid stay out of school today. no reason, she is tired but she is straight A so no worries on that but since she is home I can shop fast and check out some meat sales out there.

other than that, just dreaming of traveling.

be good all
  #367   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-22, 05:57

BF:

Trig so glad you kid is doing so very well at school. It is a blessing that you don't have that to worry about with everything going down with your Mom.

I was a little LOL over her asking Why Me at 94. She is a tough one! Love it.

Lori- Keep on enjoying your time with sis and the weather and the beer (yuck!)

Jaz- I want to hear more about the rental and how long it is for etc when you get a chance and/or want to share. How far is that from DD? Are you gonna try to see the Grands? I'm still so Glad you got your book back!

Up and showered, ready to go a bit early. Plans are made for the day food wise and I printed out my little worksheets to take with me. I am half a pound down today so after hanging out at the same number for five days I lost a pound. Hooray! And that is with eating lunch out yesterday. Double YAY! I had a wedge salad and a bunless burger.

My goal for weigh in on next Tuesday is to have maintained from last Tuesday's weight. Fingers crossed. I do believe I can do it- the only catch will be weighing in Tuesday after my flight is late Sunday night.

See you all from Austin next!
  #368   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-22, 06:35

BF:

Good morning!

Good grief, it's 49* here! This is Florida? Supposed to get up to near 70 and sunny, but cold start.

Had the best dinner last night at a place called Snappers. It's just down the street. I had cashew coconut crusted Mahi and the best salad I've ever had. We are going back there tomorrow night.

For now we're heading to the coffee shop to wait for it to warm up!
  #369   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-22, 10:22

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Your meal sounds delish! I think it was Snappers I looked at!!! Yup trust me it does warm up fast in down there. It can be cool and 5 minutes later you are in shorts. Sure hope you brought those too!!!!
So are ya hitting up the beach? Do you collect shells?
Any jelly fish there? Love the sugar white sand! MORE PIC'S!!!! HEHEHEHEH

Trig- Bless your mom "why me at 94". She is doing it her way and trust me- she could have had all these issues in her 60/70- and dragged out medical stuff for YEARS! I see that is the route of my mom. She is only 74- going to be a LONG arse haul.

I any thoughts on dates to get her in at this point? Has the Covid gotten better? How is Barb's mom? I am hopeful she pulled through without alot of intervention.

I love you say how meat calms you! I just love you found your zone!

NIC
- Safe travels! We want Pics there too! I heard Austin is really growing! I bet it is warm there too!!!!!

I blows me away how fast you drop that weight when you put your head to it! Plus you EAT!!!!!

Have a wonderful time!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Got up late. Had funny dreams then I don't remember a single one!

Sun is out and we are having a warm up. No beach time until tomorrow. I have errands and stuff to nail down. Yes I am still looking on the job front. I guess I am being too picky.

I also need to start writing again and either get it done or move on. I would love to complete it and get it published. Going to self publish on Amazon. They make the process pretty doable.
Seems like EVERYONE has a book- so why not me. I know at least I will sell at least 2- me and my mom will buy one even though she won't read it. HAHAHAHAH

So I THOUGHT I had everything ready for St. James, and the owner totally ghosted me. You know this right here is a PRIME example as to why the thought of going back into travel nursing is a big fat NO for me. Housing in the past several months has become a real issue for millions of folks! Anyway, I have a few other options but am getting down near the wire.
So that is my project for today- AGAIN!

I up a few pounds- but I knew I would. I just had to have a dinner last night that was not carb friendly/ dairy friendly/ or anything friendly. Yup- one dinner packed on 4 pounds. I know that most is bloat from it- but you know it is what it is. I have been craving a pizza for months. I had it - craving over- moving on! It is the ONE food I CAVE on now and again. Thankfully, rarely do give in.

So back on track and doing a few days of detox from - flour, gluten, dairy, last nights meal. Over done with back on track! I here to confess and MOVE ON! I do like accountability!!!!!

I am taking a few hours out to hit up the beach on this warm and sunny day! - Breaking out the shorts, and tee shirt, and of course flip flops I have not stopped wearing! HAHA

Gotta move- back at you later!
  #370   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-22, 07:16

BF:

Good morning!

I went downstairs and got us coffee and we're just hanging out in our room. It's 52* but sun is shining and it's going to get to 70 or so. A few more clouds today, but still very nice.

We'll just enjoy a low key day(our last day!) And maybe take a nap on a lounge chair!

Hope you are all doing well!
  #371   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-22, 12:00

BF:

Lori- What? How can it be your last day there?? I feel like you just got there!
Your meal from Snappers sounds delish!

Jaz- You and me with the Moms doing the long haul of age. Yep. My Mom has been doing this for years already...

Hey another publisher you could look at is Callisto. They publish some low carb and keto stuff.

I'm sorry St James looks to be falling through. I know you will find something else though!

Hey Trig- I know you have your hands full!

••••••••••••

High of 78 here in Austin today, although it was chilly when I went to breakfast with my Dad this morning. Warming up nicely though.

I've not been carb free but I've been doing all right- mindful about quantities, not overeating, trying to be very balanced. Went for a walk yesterday and will do the same today also. Then tonight is the dinner for my SM. It will be so fun and nice to celebrate her! Her 85th birthday is today. My Dad and SM are both doing pretty darn well and I am so relieved about that.

My mom... let's see: Wednesday, I get a call from Meals on Wheels that the front door is wide open but the storm door is closed, no one is answering, they are worried something could be wrong. I said I thought things were probably fine, my Mom was probably sleeping and Gene can't hear. Turns out I was right. This was at 2 PM.

Thursday, I'm on the plane waiting to leave MD and get a call from my Mom that she is in the hospital. She said the EMTs brought her in, that they had manipulated her arm and caused a tremendous amount of pain so she called them back and had them take her in. I asked why had she called them out the first time? She wasn't sure and was in too much pain to talk about it. ???

Friday morning, breakfast with my Dad and I get a call from the hospital. They are trying to reach her to discuss pre-op stuff and can't get in touch with her. They could see from her records that she had been in the hospital the day before and had been discharged. I told them to try her in the afternoon, she was probably sleeping, and texted her with the phone number.

Ugh, every dang day. Plus me texting reminding her to do this, do that, you need to arrange for this and that. With her not doing much of it. Yesterday she had an appt which of course she didn't make it to. And on and on we go. I have made arrangements to fly there for her surgery but I am not sure she will get the things done that need to happen in time at this rate.

Other than all that, things are going along okay.
  #372   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-22, 19:28

BF:

NIC- OMG and OMG- here you are waiting to travel and your mom has issues. DAM! Crap on a cracker you have it going down!
OK........... Just enjoy your time and it IS what IT IS with your mom at this point. No use to worry you can't do a thing from where you are. Can your Bro step in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Glad your dad and MIL are well- one less thing to take off your plate! Did she love your video??????????

Well........... my dear friend hang in there....... I have no words. I can see my mom doing the same DAM thing.
I was on the phone to a friend of mine in MA - my mother called me 4 times in a 30 minute conversation to tell me she thinks I should find a job and a man to end my troubles. She left a rambling drunk VM. Seriously?!?!?!?!!?!?!

I feel ya- girl do I. Keep us posted.

Lori-
- P A R T Y it UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP - Love your pic and so jelly. Enjoy Birthday girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Trig
- Hope you are doing ok. One day at a time! We at some degree are all in it with the old folks!

So sweet of you to give the kiddo a day off!!!!!! Way to go momma!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Rough and busy day- ie late post.

Found and locked in a plack for March/April/May- North Greenville. 45 minutes from DD/ 2.5 hours from mom and 7.5 from DS. SWEET.

Means I should be able to see grandkids more often. Not a perm play but for spring this is a perfect spot. it also has a 2 acre fenced in yard for dogs. More on specs later but it is perfect.

Now can concentrate on job. I did put in 4 applications today too.

I also hit up Aldies for those egglife. Got 3 packs. 2 everything bagel and 1 original and a pack of smoked turkey / and that Muff spread!!!!!!!! Stoked.
Also 2 pounds wings, shrimp, steak, ground beef, tilapia, tuna steak, and chicken breasts. Extras: kale, green beans, cucumbers and salad stuff.
I find that protein and light veggies are my sweet zone. Not heavy processed or starchy veggies.

Sorry so late- what a day!

Later ladies!!!!!!!

EDIT:
Holy Hannah this egg wrap IS THE FREKIN BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!???????? Zero Carbs- and ZERO Sugar-

We need to change this to GAME CHANGER!!!!!! - Nic- So Egg Life is Different than Egg Crape! It rolls like bread/ wrap- its thick. It does not taste like ANYTHING so you can put anything in it. I was SO SO SO impressed with the texture especially. Not "eggy" - I thought you were talking about the egg crape. NO- this is different. It is different. It is NICE! You can put anything in it and it will hold.
So like you I put the turkey and Muffletta spread in it- OMG good. I can see a wrap with spinach, turkey, spread, OR a "taco" Or pulled pork- It IS a game changer!!!!!!!

I can't wait to try the all bagel flavor. YES- I love when you all try stuff and report! Adding this to my Zero Carb tool box!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Feb-11-22 at 20:46.
  #373   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-22, 06:49

BF:

Good morning!

Having a bit of breakfast and we'll call for an Uber and head for the airport. We'll be early, but we prefer it. We try to reduce stress as much as possible.

I'll be at Sis's until Monday morning. Looking forward to a day to decompress.

Nic...sorry for your Mom troubles. What a nightmare.

Trig and Jaz....Hi!

I'll check in when we're home!
  #374   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-22, 07:52

BF:

check in
alot to do, brain dead times for me, chat up later but all just being handled around here but reading along still.

just not in a mood for chat ups, just me right now
  #375   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-22, 08:27

BF:

Wow- Lori,,,,,,, Your trip was here and over before I could blink!!!! I hope you had a fabulous time! Tell us your high point!

Save travels! Are you going to dinner tomorrow for your birthday? I know NOT cooking on your special day is important! You do need some pampering as much as you care for Betty and hubby.

Trig-- glad you are still with us despite all you have on your shoulders!
Goodness between you and Nic right now! Geesh!

Take care of you! Sending go mojo your way!!!!!!!!!

Nic
- How is your trip going? Speaking of mom's- is your brother able to step in this go round? Sending good Mojo your way too!!!!!!!!! Goodness!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
I will hold down the fort until you all get back!

You can read my ramblings............ captive audience LOLOLOL.

See above- so impressed with those egg wraps. I can see many uses for those and all with ZERO carbs/gluten.
I might look up some things you can do with those. I wonder how to make "chips" from those.

I have a full freezer and fridge. That was my last shop before I take off and start my next adventure.

So, I did find a place and locked it down. It is a suburb of Greeneville. It is perfect. In budget, a large fenced yard for Pup to run- two acres of run space for him.

The owner lives on the property in a separate house. They have two dogs as well and one is older, and the other is only 2. So, they are happy to have a playmate for their Molly who is a Jack Russell and high energy. They are an older retired couple who are taking their mother in-law home and using it for some income. I will be their first guest. They seem super sweet.

I will be 45 min from my grandkids and can easy meet them in parks and the zoo (they have a pass) as it is Spring here. I can easy meet them on weekends without having to make it a big deal and pack for overnights.

It is 2.5 hours from my mom and 8 hours from DS and 4.5 hours from a beach! Perfect actually.

Going to be a beautiful day here. Sun is out, and it's going to warm up to about 72-73 with GA blues. I am going to break up my day. Morning will be getting stuff done, I already have sheets and towels spinning.

Might browse Zip Hiring, and then write a bit. I am then headed to the beach for a few hours. Need to get in my time for the next few weeks. It will be a minute before I can get back.

Grilled chicken salad I am making for dinner. Snack turkey/rollup if needed.

Have a good day