Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-22, 10:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Lori- No, we are expecting 2-4" here, but our DE house will be getting 8-12", which is insane!! WTH?!

Trig- totally makes sense that you would hold off while all the stuff with your Mom's feet gets sorted out. You are so good to her and I know she is glad to have you!

Jaz- Hoping for some good news for you and fast!! I am so eager to hear!

•••••••••

Today is MD catch-up day. Laundry, bills, a bunch of random loose ends like flea/heartworm medicine, confirming show tickets etc. Lots of little things.

I am very proud of myself! DH and I are going to the Austin area in mid-Feb for my SM's surprise birthday dinner. Well, my stepsister is booking it way out in downtown Austin, even tho my Dad and SM live an hour from there. So, first of all, it is an expensive hipster boutique hotel. Second of all, we plan on spending time with my Dad and SM and I don't want to drive back and forth from downtown Austin for several days. So, I found a house rental that is near to where they live- about 15 minutes away. THEN I contacted them directly and asked if I could book with them instead of the rental agency and save the 85$ service fee. Not only did they do that, they reduced the rate as well. So, we are renting the house, including the cleaning fee, for 210$ per night. Just by calling I am saving 120 bucks. That house is cheaper than the single room in the Austin hotel by well over 100 dollars per night. Plus we have a living space, a kitchen and some room to spread out. This was by far the cheapest rental near my Dad as well, by about 70+ dollars per night. I am just thrilled with that. Still expensive, but much, much better than what we would have done otherwise, plus we can make a basic breakfast, make our own coffee, visit much more easily etc. Just super happy about what I was able to arrange.

It was FREEZING COLD here this morning. I poop scooped in 9º weather! I think the high is something like 22º? Ugh!

That's about it from here. I've been sipping on coffee for a several hours now and thinking about what I will eat for my first meal of the day. Maybe some sausage and a couple of poached eggs over the top.
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-22, 15:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok I am back!

Trig- urghhhhhhh and ughhhhhh on your mom's toes. You are smart to keep that in check and on top of that!

I was wondering if your mom is required to get vexed to go to the retirement center? Just curious! I know your hand are going to be full in the next several weeks, but truly once she is set up she is set up! Life will settle into a better rhythm.

NIC- Prepare for your storm! It's coming your way! So very glad you are home with the hubby and all is good. Did your son make it back? Is he there for a visit?

How are the wedding plans coming along? When are they getting married?

Anymore scale loses? Boy you really drop it fast girl!!!!!

Lori-
- Those lifelines are pretty easy to set up. You basically plug it into the wall and boom good to go. Then they do a test call. Glad she is getting a new one.

I don't know if I could handle chatty guy all the time. Especially before coffee!!!!!

I know you are READY for Florida!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I was feeling great about the interview yesterday and know I will be leaving this area soon and wanted to try a sports bar on the Marina called Mudcats. it is a place with windows on 3 sides so you can watch the boats and sunset and water. It is very cool.

I liked it because it wasn't too crowded but yet enough people to chat with.
Met this guy............. yea I did I gave him my number! He was pretty smooth. Anyway, he called today and I did answer. He chatted it up. All to say - not interested! His kids are all adults and in rehab for drugs, and he himself is unemployed and can't hold a job (his words).
So I heard enough. He is a nice guy too but has too much baggage for me! NEXT-

I did however enjoy the water views and watching the sunset!

I have not heard anything one way or the other from Duke. So until I do I will just keep applying to different things, and writing, and looking for my next digs! I have the thought if it is meant to be it will, if not OK!

down a pound and hopeful I can get a NICE drop like NIC!!!!!

Stay warm and safe!
  #303   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-22, 05:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Same old, same old here. I've been SO lazy about exercise this week. Finding it too easy to just skip a day. Once I'm in my comfy, warm clothes, I don't want to get out of them to put on exercise clothes. Poor excuse! Today I must!

I got Betty's new lifeline unit set up yesterday morning. I did have a little glitch as she has an answering machine attached to her phone so had to use a splitter for the phone lines. I called the customer service number and got it ironed out. Also the directions didn't tell me about pairing the new signaling button that she wears so the rep had to tell me how to do that. Once that was done, it worked fine.

After that I went to the grocery store to load up again. Geez....$$$ Last night DH's brother called and said he's coming on Saturday afternoon and stay over until Sunday. He wants to go out for dinner Saturday night etc. It's not really a problem, but I was counting on a quiet weekend, you know? I'm such a creature of habit and hate having my routine interrupted! We just saw him last weekend at our daughter's, so not sure what this trip is about? He probably just wants something to do.

Nothing else going on here. I'm happy that the storm is going to miss us tomorrow. New England is going to get slammed!

Have a good Friday.
  #304   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-22, 06:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I know you did great on saving some bucks More money saved is another steak eaten HAHA
Sounds like a fab trip, you have so much happening, doing so much, I so enjoy reading your posts!!

Lori, yea technology is great but set up is a bear sometimes and can drive ya nuts but it sounds like you guys got'er done.

I so feel you on 'my routine' and I also second the fact that even tho 'others' need change, why does it have to be changing my routine for them to have their change HAHA I am a creature of habit NOW at my age and truly thru my personality if something gets in my way, oh it sets me off a bit. but you guys will have a good time tho even thru the PIA of it all LOL

grocery store, don't get me started! Inflation factors and more, again, don't get me started

Heniz was on the news. All their products are going up and up they said so expect big increase over their product line which is huge, and of course if Heinz said it, then other companies are following suit, so be aware, prices are gonna jack high again across the grocery. Gonna get scary when you really think about it all for what it means globally for all

Jaz, down another...congrats, keep on trucking.
OMG YOU back in a real 9-5 if ya take that job etc.....should be very interesting. when I quit 'real working' at 43 when I had kiddo, believe me real fast I knew I can't go back to the controlled hrly working life. Not me real fast. I can't wait to see what goes down for ya

----------just doing here
got errands to hit fast out there
all good

got steak and chicken for today and hoping for some shrimp sales to hit, on last bag in freezer, not good HA

got snow coming tonight....shoot me please! But not too bad they say, we shall see. Any down here is a train wreck for us with 1 snow plow across the entire state LOL well with all the winter changing down here, they may have 2-3 now

be good all and have a fine day
  #305   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-22, 13:28

BF:

Hey all

Happy FriYAY! I hope everyone is doing well during this cold, snowy weekend.

Jaz- Yep, son arrived last night from NYC and will leave on Sunday. His wedding is Labor Day weekend of this year. Dh and I will do a tasting at a seafood place with them on Saturday night for a possible rehearsal dinner location.

Yeah, that guy that you met was definitely a "NEXT" guy! No doubt! Once you decide that, do you block their number or what?

Any word from Duke today? It would be so cool if you could get involved with Eric Westman's program... it is out of Duke.

Lori- I hope it *is* that Dh's brother just wants something to do and that it is not more than that. You guys have your hands full with Betty.

Glad you got her set up with the lifeline thing.

Trig- thank you for your sweet words!

Wondering how much snow you are expecting. I think 2-4" here and 9-17" at the DE house.

Scary, that news about Heinz. I think most of us on here can cope with price increases although we hate them, but I feel absolutely awful for those out there really struggling as it is.

••••••••••

Good day today so far. It has been nice to visit some with DS23. We groove together really well.

Went to the Chiro to get a tune up and will be going 3x next week. Trying to capitalize on going when I am here to get things loosened up and still working on getting that one nerve fully unpinched.

Then I ran by the store and picked up a few things.. salad fixings, frozen burger patties, chicken quarters, a little lunchmeat that is nitrate/nitrite/antibiotic free, pickles. I was hungry when I got home so I cooked up some burger, about 3/4 lb, with some homemade taco seasoning and mixed in 2 oz of cream cheese. I served myself 1/4 of that but haven't eaten it all. Other than that I have had two plain burger patties today. Dinner tonight will be homemade chicken wings- first chicken in a week.

That's about it from here.
  #306   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-22, 14:44

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Lori- I can so relate to a disrupted routine! Even when my dear son is here- it is still a change up from MY routine. Plus he a CHATTER first thing. Last time he was here I said- please, after my first cup!
Yacky yack!

HAHAHAHAH- feel ya girl! Glad you are warm and no snow your way! I absolutely feel ya on NOT wanting to go out in cold. That is a NO CAN DO.

The Florida count down has started!!!!!!!

Trig- - I almost spit coffee reading your post. You KNOW ME going back to a 9-5 is going to be ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH. But hey my pocket book is pushing me out the door!

Nic- so glad you are home- kiddo home too? How much snow are you getting?
------------------------------------------------------
Not feeling good. woke up with sore throat, filled ears and difficulty swallowing. took a covid test Neg- but still had antibiotics called in and pretty drugged up right now.

That guy called and we talked for a believe it or not 2 hours today! Maybe I gave him the bad shake due to him not having a job?!?!?!?!- Not like I have one right now. He seems pretty driven. I don't know. He offered to go get me meds/ soup- how sweet is that!

Later- I am not up for big chat- feel crummy.
No word on Duke- WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Be good , stay safe
  #307   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-22, 18:14

BF:

Duke fell through- next. Im good
  #308   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 07:28

BF:

Good Morning...........
I went out and came back in thinking this page had not refreshed!

Anyway- hi all!
Feel so much better. I am thinking the cold front affected my sinuses. Much better today!

Cold here and sunny. 33 and a high of 40. URGHHHHHHH BRRRRR

Putter and stay in day.
Job hunt and write, nothing exciting going on here.

waiting for you all to post -
  #309   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 08:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm in a mood this morning, and not a good one. I'm blaming the cold weather and the fact that the scale is up the last couple days. Pi$$e$ me off. I've been looking at the weather forecast for our FL trip, and it's not looking great. We'll be lucky if it gets to 70 degrees. Not exactly what we were hoping for, but at least it'll be warmer than it is here. As long as it doesn't pour down rain for 4 days, we'll be good. I won't have to worry about taking a lot of shorts...I'm thinking leggings and sweatshirts. Sigh........At least I'll get to see the ocean(gulf) again.

-------

Jaz....Sorry the Duke gig fell thru. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Glad you're feeling better today.

Nic....Is today the seafood restaurant menu tasting? Sounds How much snow did you get?

Trig....Hope you're navigating all the things you have to do ok. Did you say you're getting more snow? WTH? Will this winter ever end?

-------

I had to go get my driver's license picture taken yesterday. OMG....if I really look like that, I have no business being out in public! Partly my fault as I didn't put any makeup on and just took the first pic the lady took....what do I care? If I ever have to show it to a cop, maybe he'll feel sorry for my ugly a$$ and let me go.

I was hoping DBIL would cancel on coming today, but I guess it's a go. I'll send he and DH out for dinner and I'll just stay home. I really don't want to go. All part of my mood, I guess.

Well, enough of my whining. At least we're not getting pounded with snow like the coast and New England.

Later.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Jan-29-22 at 08:15.
  #310   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 08:22

BF:

Hi everyone! It's Saturday!

We got just a touch of snow here- maybe an inch? Enough to be a little pretty but of no consequence. Windy though. Meanwhile out at the DE house they have a good 8" and it will continue to snow for another handful of hours. I am thinking they will probably end up with a foot of snow. Crazy! I will be seeing pictures coming through our DE Network for the next couple of days so I can feel like I'm there w/o being there.

Relaxing day today and then dinner out tonight with Chris and Emily in downtown Baltimore for a possible rehearsal dinner location. It will be nice to spend time with them. C commented that E is enjoying her Psych rotation so I'll be really curious to hear what she has to say about that tonight. The countdown is on - about seven months til the wedding day!

••••••••••••

Lori, I'm sorry the weather doesn't look too promising but maybe it will change for the better. At least, like you said, it will be much warmer than here! How long til departure?

Jaz- Glad you are feeling better today. I had a slight headache yesterday that just wore off on its own- I chalked it up to the huge drop in barometric pressure along the coast.

Sorry Duke fell through. Have you thought about applying to Westman's program there?

Hiya Trig!

That's about it from here. Down 8 from last Saturday but mind you, that was a big chunk of water and bloat. I'd say maybe 3-4 of that is actual weight loss and that could be being generous. Now to tackle about 15-20 more. Ugh. But I am feeling in the zone again, so that is a welcome change. Had wings last night which were YUM. I absolutely love my wings. They are so good.

I might make some homemade avocado oil mayo today and make some tuna. That sounds good. Also, I've been looking at a recipe for "Egg pudding"-- you can make it with chicken broth. I think that sounds pretty yummy too. It is made in the instant pot.
  #311   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 08:55

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I am so glad you are feeling in the zone.....that means you can attack and puts you on a level good playing field of moving forward in good form. You are eatin' your carnivore well! I love me some good chick wings for sure!!

8 in DE...omg....we got missed luckily. rain turned a bit icy but then all stopped with a flurry and gonzo. Gonzo is a good thing. Bro Gregg in Asheville got like 3 but it skipped us so I am really really happy this morning LOL

I love you keep your brain in the LC/ZC focus when ya feel great and wanting egg pudding and more.....that means you got recipes and stuff to keep ya going forward without feeling you can't have other stuff! LC/keto type recipes etc. can be so great for us as subs and are yummy like you said.

Jazz sorry on job but ya don't care which is good.
more better for ya coming LOL but yea the wallet at some point says 'refill me' please and I know you will do just that!

Sinus....that is me. Low pressure from this little storm around took me down to feeling punk, with sinus in my eyes, dry nose and dry throat and some chunky sludge just making me hack a bit, never in the chest for being 'real sick' kinda thing, just clogged and head stuff. So glad you are feeling better!

Lori, I am laughing with you on driver photo. When I saw mine I was like NO WAY my hair looks that damn nasty!! My hair took focus over the face actually HA and I thought like you, I gotta be scaring people out there but then I remember, I seen alot of others out there that scare me too LOL and think, I ain't that damn bad You are not that bad either HAHA

I am like you on trips. I want BIG heat if my butt is going on a trip like FL or GA or whatever and want beachy type fun heat. I hit trips and just don't go far enough which is why thinking future, I am checking 'all winter temps' for FL mostly and thinking I have to go Largo FL or in that area for a darn good winter life.....yea I can do it Hope you get higher temps tho but darn if FL ain't 'all that hot' in some areas as we wish. So get you on that!

-------------mom fell in bathroom last night. socks/floor, down but thank goodness she got her drawers and pants up before she went down. I tried to lift up but couldn't do it from her down on the ground, got hubby from bed to lift her which he did easy. No hurt which is great.

But this shows me I am reversing it.

Getting her into Addison fast cause she is getting confused more so I gotta get her in that zone of being there and me visiting and taking her out to stay here or for lunch/shop etc. cause I NEED them to handle what I am now seeing go down. It ain't pretty guys on how it is changing fast.

Once in retirement home I can get her vascular dr stuff going down and tackle it then.

I am scared as &^%* to have her walk the walker around this house.....she moves I freak now HAHA

I can't take it and I see the further level of care/security coming at her fast.

So moving that forward as I need now.

Today is pork chops and steak.

Wind big and SO freakin' cold it cuts thru ya. ugh

be good all
  #312   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 09:54

BF:

Trig- Do you use a vaporizer/humidifier in your bedroom during the winter? We have been using one the past two winters and it has really made a difference for DH and I both. I wonder if you would find any sinus relief by trying it? I empty mine every 2-3 days and let it dry completely, and use a filter for it also. Super cheap from Walmart.

I am super sorry to hear your Mom fell. I agree with you that it is time to get her in and quickly. If DH had been gone driving for the day and you needed help getting her up, or she had been hurt. That's scary for both of you. Hugs and more hugs- so glad you already found a place near you that you like and lined it up so you aren't starting from the beginning now. So smart of you!

Also, I'd ixnay any sock walking in the house unless you have those gripper socks for her. Too slippery otherwise.
  #313   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-22, 11:56

BF:

Yum and Yum on the wings- now I WANT SOME. Might run over and pick some up for tomorrows game!

Lori- Sorry you are in a "mood"- dang we all have them. Weather and idiots do it for me!
If you send your DH/ and BIL out it will give you some quiet time!

I would not be looking at the forecast this far out. Trust my it can change tomorrow!!!!!!!!
I would be all over that trip- 70's isn't hateful! Hell toss back a adult beverage and you won't care! HAHAHAHAH

Trig- OMG I know you are dealing with some truly scary stuff with your mom! I agree- get her in that facility soon rather than later! What is hubby had not been home- I agree with that. You would have been calling 911. Hugs and more hugs!
Do what is best for her and you!

Glad you missed all the nasty snow!

NIC- OMG a foot of snow in DE!!!!!! You didn't get anything in MD?!?!?! How does that work?

So cool you are involved in wedding stuff now! It will be here before you know it!

I am jaw dropped how easy peasy your body responds to carnivore reset! DAM!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!
You rock on!

You going to watch the Bengals tomorrow? You know I gotta watch!!!
Tomorrow will be a football day here.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Meatballs with ground Angus and pork sausage and finished in a marinara sauce. That is it for me!

Got a new phone for my birthday and just got the sim card and popped it in today. I am going with Visible- Unlimited EVERYTHING for 25 bucks a month!!!!!

So I have been playing with that all morning! I had a very cheap prepaid burner android - no frills. I can actually listen to podcasts now! Welcome to 21 Centerury!!!!

Off to put in my meat balls.
  #314   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-22, 06:37

BF:

Good Morning!

7* ......good grief! High in the 20's A few days ago they were saying it would get up near 50 by Thursday, now they're saying there is a snow storm coming...WTF? As long as it is here and gone before our flight leaves on Tuesday the 8th. I won't relax until we are airborne and winging our way to Tampa. Even temps in the 60's sound good right now. I have lots of cute leggings and sweatshirts!

DH's brother arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30. They went out for dinner while I stayed home and enjoyed my solitude. BIL was up parading around the house half the night. He was up 4 times between 10 and 4. Sigh.

They have gone out for breakfast now and I'm sitting here holding the cat. BIL will leave around Noon. We'll watch some football and I'm going to make beef noodle soup for dinner. Not sure what I will eat. Scale went back down after an inexplicable bounce up of almost 2 lbs. Was happy to see a lower number this morning.

Unbelievable temps in FL right now. I need things to get back to normal STAT!

Have good days!
  #315   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-22, 07:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I heard yet ANOTHER storm is going to roll through the heartland! Ohio is going to get a bullseye dumping. Yeah you being in PA will get some too I would think! Umphhhhhhh Ready for Spring here too! It got cold this week!

OMG on your BIL. I remember things you have said about him and his night roaming. That would just creep me out. It just would. I need everyone asleep and IN bed at night- including dog!

Oh yeah Tampa!!!!!!!! It's good anyway you shake it, as long as the sun is out!
Going to hit 70's here this week, fast warm up! YES!!!!

Yum on beef and noodles. That is such a northern dish! We had it over mashed potatoes! Can you say CARB HEAVEN!

Yup and Yup I am watching the Bengals play today at 330! My butt will be planted in front of the TV and work will cease for a few hours.

NIC/ TRIG- HIYA! Updates.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Going to give myself a few hours of "work"- Job hunt, and next digs.

Then relax with the game on. Got my new cell phone up and running and I think it is going to be really SWEET to use! I can actually listen to podcasts now!

Looking for next digs while I am still deciding what I want to too when I grow up! I will be here though yet another month, but alot of spaces need a month or two ahead of time.

Dropped back to my new low. Need to push that envelop to go another 10!!!!!!!!
Sinus mostly cleared up. Just a tad stuffy. Dry here. I might do the "redneck" humidifier- water on the stove! Might drop some essential oil in as well! Yup- exactly!!!!!

Be safe and warm!