Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 00:35

Plan: none
Stats: 198/198/132 Female 162
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile 30kgs to lose..looking for LC buddy in Canberra, Australia to exercise with!

[/FONT]
Hi there, I'm Virginia from Canberra, Australia. I'm 43, married (1 Nov 2003!) and have no children (that I know of anyway..LOL) I'm looking for other Canberrans, or anyone really, for LC encouragement and support. Would be great to have someone to go to aquarobics or walks with. LC is the way to go for me as I have Impaired Glucose Tolerance (pre-diabetes) and get heartburn from eating wheat.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Virginia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 04:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dairy free Atkins
Stats: 202/187/132 Female 167cm
BF:47%/43%/20%
Progress: 21%
Default I'm in Canberra too

Hi Virginia,

I'm in the Belconnen area, where are you?

I'm 30 have 3 kids, 2 of them are step kids. I'm a SAHM and Creative Memories Consultant.

I started on Atkins this week, and have lost 3kg already. An exercise partner would be great, if you live close enough.

Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 00:45

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

OMG Canberreans!! I thought there were none.. well I guess you are both newbies so maybe there were none.

Well, I don't really have much more to say then 'OMG Canberreans', but I have been doing this for a while now and have (budget) low-carb shopping here pretty sussed, so any questions when the world gets adventurous after induction (which, lets face it, is a pretty easy to find list of things) just ask!!

I live in Turner and am a student at ANU, Btw.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 05:00
Registered Member

Plan: Dairy free Atkins
Stats: 202/187/132 Female 167cm
BF:47%/43%/20%
Progress: 21%

so maybe there were none.

Well, I don't really have much more to say then 'OMG Canberreans', but I have been doing this for a while now and have (budget) low-carb shopping here pretty sussed, so any questions when the world gets adventurous after induction (which, lets face it, is a pretty easy to find list of things) just ask!!

Just tell me everything you know....lol. I'm on induction at the moment, and am already of my chicken salad for lunch so I'm going to have to find some recipes too make.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/165 Female 5ft9in
BF:
Progress:
Question Canberra newbie/products

Hi All - I'm really new (like I start induction tomorrow - really, I'm doing shopping for it today). Any place in Canberra to buy Atkins products, like bake mix, bread crumbs, fake cornstarch, syrups, etc? I'm in North Lyneham, but I can get a bus someplace to do a shop. I'm originally a yank (it seems this stuff is easier in the U.S., but I wasn't convinced to try it there).

My past diet has been pretty high on veggies (as well as all the other junk that makes you big) and low on protein, so I'm not sure how my body will cope at first. But my friend swears by it, so I'm giving it a shot. Thanks
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 01:59

Plan: none
Stats: 198/198/132 Female 162
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default It's been a long, long while..

I'm sorry I haven't been here to reply for so long! I completely forgot about this site and my original post, until I was searching again for something else and found it!

I've got to the point when I don't eat wheat at all much anymore. I've invented some linseed muffins, which are quite nice! I'll share the recipe with you if you're interested.

I'm in Macgregor, and my husband and I walk around on the paths every day. So I've lost some cms, but not much weight yet. In fact, I think I've put some on since I joined this site! VERY frustrating! Still, I'm still using the stairs at work, cut down my alcohol consumption (G&Ts with diet tonic water are a life saver!), and I think that every day I do something that makes a difference over all to my goal.

Cranberry juice concentrate is well night impossible to get here, any thoughts?