Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 15:52
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Cinny. Well, I must admit I think Leslie is great for focus, form, and for people who aren't used to working out. She's very gentle and encouragin and great for beginners AND she offers ways to increase intensity on your own, by adding handweights and moving your body lower and stuff. As I get more fit, I wouldn't say she's where I go to challenge myself, but she's my go-to for some home aerobics. She took me from coach potato to semi-gym rat. LOL I like working out standing up and moving. I like walking. I like the simplicity of it (no complicated movements). That actually allows me to push myself harder because I don't have to think about how I'm moving, if that makes sense. I like working out in my living room sometimes and knowing I walked the equivalent of two miles. And yeah, you can find her all over the place. I usually buy these online through various sites. I think I had a lot of luck with Amazon in the past because of the reviews. I'd probably do some price comparisons out there. Good luck!

P.S. I can't stand Denise Austin's attititude and approach. I mean, good for her to making this happen and if she gets you to work out, super. But I don't like her. She reminds me a bit too much of this generation's Jane Fonda and I just can't go there.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 17:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/141/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default working out

Hey thanks Lisaz....It sounds like leslie might not be very challenging to me. It seems like I've done her walk the pounds away but I can't remember. It's been a really long time. I think I need to look at turbojam or one that's is more intense.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 17:14
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnycinda
Hey thanks Lisaz....It sounds like leslie might not be very challenging to me. It seems like I've done her walk the pounds away but I can't remember. It's been a really long time. I think I need to look at turbojam or one that's is more intense.

Yeah, no offense to her, because I LOVE her (and would always recommend her) but if your level of fitness is really strong you'll probably just be frustrated. I would recommend her workouts for "active recovery" cardio days.

Have you tried Tae Bo? Now there is a challenge!
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 04:20
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 378/165/154.3 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Do I Need to Do More?

I love doing the walkaway the pound DVDs

this is how I work out some day I do:
3 mile walk plus the walk jog

another day I do:
2 mile walk Plus walk jog

Or 3 mile walk and firm up fast

Do you think I need to do some other form of Exercise?

I have bad Knees so this limets me.

Would something like Tae Bo be good for me?
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 08:02
Registered Member

BF:
Default Any Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepop
I love doing the walkaway the pound DVDs

this is how I work out some day I do:
3 mile walk plus the walk jog

another day I do:
2 mile walk Plus walk jog

Or 3 mile walk and firm up fast

Do you think I need to do some other form of Exercise?

I have bad Knees so this limets me.

Would something like Tae Bo be good for me?

Is any Body Still doing Walk away the Pounds
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I'm just getting started back. My knees got VERY sore for some reason before xmas. I assume it was the resistance leg exercises I was doing and doing the WATP in the basement where the floor is carpet/pad over concrete. I'm now doing it in the family room where the floor is carpet/pad over wood. I also ditched the resistance I was doing on my legs. Walking will just have to be enough exercise for my legs.

I just hope I can stay with it and not get sore knees again.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 15:06

Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

i still do walk away the pounds...on a day when i'm tired or whatever but still feel like i should get up and move. i never get sore from leslie's workouts and i don't sweat nearly as much as with turbo jam, but i know i'm doing some good. :-P
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 16:41
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I still do WATP's and I still like it, I combine workouts to make 6 miles now, I also have her one mile jog which is fun, i like the ones with weights and the strechy and the belt, too, because they work my arms a bit.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 05:32
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi
i still do walk away the pounds...on a day when i'm tired or whatever but still feel like i should get up and move. i never get sore from leslie's workouts and i don't sweat nearly as much as with turbo jam, but i know i'm doing some good. :-P

Which one of the Turbo Jam work out do you do? I'm thinking of adding Turbo to my workout.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 08:52

Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepop
Which one of the Turbo Jam work out do you do? I'm thinking of adding Turbo to my workout.

right now, i'm mostly doing the 20 min workout. i looove it. it's fun and easy to fit into your spare time, plus it makes me SWEAT. my mom bought the introductory set off TV, so it includes learn & burn (the "learn" part is a demonstration of key moves, chalene's "elite 11," and the burn is a short workout incorporating these), the 20 minute workout, turbo sculpt, ab jam and cardio party. the only thing i haven't tried is the floor portion of ab jam, because i felt, as a beginner, the standing work was already intense enough for now (the whole ab workout is 40 min). i am always a bit intimidated by cardio party, but whenever i actually do it, i'm happy. it's intense, but doable. it all is. and it's not only got some great hip hop/dance music (chalene starts with the music and designs the choreography to fit it, not the other way around), but you really feel like you've kicked some ass when you're all done.

i've also started yoga booty ballet, which is very cool. i can't do most of the yoga yet (due to inflexibility and obesity...it's hard to bend with fat in the way!), but the ballet and dance parts are great. very funky. and gillian and teigh are adorable.

blahblah. i'm done. i'm just getting back up on the horse (seems like whenever i get into working out, i'll have one great week and then i'll injure myself in a seemly unrelated way...so even though i'm not sore and i feel fine, i think there must be a connection, so i'm skipping the intense stuff for now, even though i want to do it...'cause whenever i get hurt...like pull a neck muscle or whatever...it takes me months to get into it again), so i don't have a definite routine. i like turbo and YBB, plus i do some bellydance videos and WATP. i also used to do some of joyce vedral's videos, so i might again...once i'm a bit more fit.

probably too much info, but i hope it helps!
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 12:55

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 243/163/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Hello everyone, I'm new here!! But I have been doing Lelise's tape from the begining, I've gotten a bit lazy but I've started back up and usually do one of her tapes everyday..... Usually the 3 mile, but I need to start doing more.

I'm glad someone else is doing them as well.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 14:49
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi cinnimon97! I actually just did one this Wednesday, even though I go to the gym 3x/week for cardio and strength training. (I was snowed in and did the walk/jog one.) I still love her...she's my favorite workout video instructor!
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 224/206/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi Cinninmon, I also just began using my WATP dvd today, i did only the 1 mile since i'm just starting out. I want to combine the walking with 2 days of weight training.
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 19:37
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258/140 Female 70 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

I really like WATP. But today, I saw that someone here (not in this thread- another one) is using Hip Hop Abs. I really want it, but I can't afford it right now! Hope I can soon!
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 02:52
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Walk Away The Pounds Workout Challenge!!!

I love doing Walk Away the Pounds and work out every day

Would you like to join in???

IF YES just do any of Leslie Walk DVD each day!!

This morning I did Express - super Challenge with hand weighs

WHAT DID YOU DO?

Last edited by orangepop : Tue, Feb-27-07 at 02:57. Reason: missing words