Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-09, 22:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

CONGRATULATIONS Bella and Want2bskny!!!!!
That's fantastic news.

I still have not exercised and my son is now 10 weeks old!
I started actively trying to lose weight when he was around 4 weeks old and have lost around 13lbs since then (not counting that initial loss from the birth). I am still not on low carb but am eating better than before. I guess I'll get there in the end.

I hope you and your bubs are all well.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 09:43

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%

Well I am 6.4lbs away from prepregnancy weight. Thank GOD! Mostly watching what I eat with the exception of good carbs, grains and such and exercising has helped me. I notice if I cheat or eat badly I feel so sick, but it's easy to lose what I did gain. Must be that breastfeeding. My dr. is so proud of me which is VERY encouraging.

Addison is doing so well, Thank the Lord, we have not had any issues yet. I feel so blessed. Breastfeeding is going so good, which is wonderful because I can't imagine some of those BAD days if that was a mess.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-09, 06:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

Hi everyone

I officially restarted Atkins about 3 weeks ago. I was doing weight watchers and losing weight but really hating the whole points system and eating low fat. I feel so free being back on low carb, it really works for me on so many levels. I just kept continually craving sweets on ww.

My son was around 11.5 weeks when I started and I have been monitoring him closely. He's been great. I've tested my breastmilk for ketones and it has come up negative.

I'm still not exercising per se but I'm definitly getting some activity in with a soon to be 5-year-old and 3-year-old keeping me busy. Yesterday and today we jumped on the trampoline and of course there is the continual up and down of life with young children and a baby

I hope you are all doing well and finding a good routine with your babies.