Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 13:03

Plan: S.Beach/Insulin Resistnce
Stats: 310/274/260 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

No change since last time...but I've survived a 30 year high school reunion and the start of Football season (or as it's locally known chips, chili and beer season...NFL Football, 22 men in need of rest being watched by 22,000,000 men in need of exercise) since then. So hey, maintaining the old status quo isn't half bad.

Last edited by texascarl : Mon, Sep-15-03 at 13:05.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 17:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Not up or down, have stayed the same. I am getting in to gear and expect to see me lose some.

Pianobeiner
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 19:37

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 200/194/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

I started the SP way of life Sept 5th. My husband had a physical with his blood pressure at 140/100 and cholesterol 240. He now weighs 225 and should weigh 170. I am overweight and a professional dieter. I asked the doctor for a book and he told me about this one. I picked it up that day. I love my husband too much and he is only 39 and shouldn't have these health problems. I read this book and it was like a huge blow to the gut. Everything I practiced and preached.........wrong. Well our whole family is now eating this way. We are doing great. Losing between 1 and 2 pounds a week. Our three young daughters are doing well also. Our rule for them is to eat our way monday through friday and when they are with friend on the weekend they can do what they want. Baby steps for them.
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 21:01

Gtbay, welcome and congratulations and making healthy decisions. Did you get book I or book II? Looks like you have already started to lose some! Great job!

Piano
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 15:15

Plan: S.Beach/Insulin Resistnce
Stats: 310/274/260 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Dropped 2 more lbs.
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:57

BF:
Progress:

I have the first book. I am hesitant on getting the second until I have the first one thoroughly digested. I don't want to get ahead of my self and go off of the healing program before I am ready. How do you like the second book. Should I go ahead and get it....will it help during the initial phase?
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 08:25

2 more pounds gone!!!! Woowhooo!

Congratulations TexasCarl!

GT - I actually like book 1 better than book 2. If you have burned out adrenal glands or are insulin resistant, book 2 does thoroughly explain it. But the eating guidelines are better in book 1 for me.

Piano
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 18:00

BF:
Progress:
Cool

Well it is Monday, so I am reporting that I stayed the same, but I feel thinner. Congrats on the 2 lbs. How do you use those emoticons?
  #144   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 06:42

Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Since returning three weeks ago my weight is down three pounds. I went on a sugar/poor eating binge so it's good to be back. New weight 163.
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 06:44

BF:
Progress:

I went south for the first time in a month, but I promised myself I would get back on track today. My family is board with the food. They don't care if they ever see nuts again. I have young girls who want very plain food...any suggestions?
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:09

Reporting down 1 pound. Would have been 2 except I didn't do very well on Sunday. Was tired and went to food for energy!

mmoranmic - glad to have you back.

gt - I would look through the SP board and see if there are any recipes that would qualify as teenager friendly. Natural string cheese, berries, Ak Mak crackers are things my ds likes. Good Luck,

Piano
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:54

BF:

Thanks Piano, I am glad to be back. It's nice to see the scale going south. I thought my "set point" was 163 as I hadn't been below that in ten years I think. 162 looks good, it took a long time to get there, many relapses, weught gain, loss, etc.

Since I am off sugar 100% I feel really good. I was eating dark chocolate, then jelly bellies (gourmet jelly beans) and that just sent me off into the eating binge.

So far it's 4 weeks off sugar, I eat raisens or organice fruit roll ups (50 calories) for dessert. When I'm out running long distance I eat raisens or energy bars. I have to be careful the rest of the day because my appetite starts to increase. If I use glutamine I think it helps.

Take care all fellow SBer's and I wawnt all of you to know that I appreciate the support.

Maureen
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:14

Default Day 19

Haven't missed a day of workout but have deviated on my eating plan.

I have a confession to make, I tried South Beach diet for about 4 days. It is horrible. I was tired and had major brain fog, I think the diet is dangerous for the first 2 weeks, so many people report headaches, fatigue, etc. Dr. A attributes it to detox, but since I wasn't detoxing from anything, I knew it couldn't be that. South Beach Diet (SBD) suggests only eating low glycemic carbs, in other words vegetables, so you don't get enough carbs and since carbs give you energy, that's why people report being tired. I tried the BFL format of 5 to 6 meals a day and just tried doing the low GI carbs, all that to say, it didn't work. I also was eating the healthy foods off of Schwarzbein Principle. I'm back to BFL/SP and mighty content!!!!!

Maureen, good to see you. Sugar addictions can be so strong, but they can be broken!!! Chocolate is definitely my downfall. I looove jelly belly's too. Especially cappuccino jelly belly's.

Piano

Last edited by Piano : Thu, Oct-09-03 at 19:17.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 06:38

BF:
Default Weekly Weigh In

Down to 159 yesterday. I thought that was a fluke but I was surprised that it remains at 159 today! I lose weight in chunks, aboout two pounds at a time. I've been eating more salads with a crushed bell pepper dressing, only a few nuts and no cheese. I've also been running more mileage 50-55 miles a week although I use carbs on my longer training runs or long races. I am eating more fruit and raisens at the aid stations and using less gels (100 carbs serving). I need to start weight training up again to help with my upper body muscle tone as the loose skin is starting to show, less flab to hold it firm!

Maureen
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 09:17

No progress to report. Haven't missed a workout though.

Maureen, You are really back in the saddle! Keep it up!

Piano