Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:07
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ok, I haven't exercised since Dec 4th. I'm 30 pounds lighter now though and feel real energetic. So, I'm gonna start up again. This time I joined freetrainers.com to keep me motivated. My 12 week exercise program starts Monday. That's how the website set it up. But I'm gonna hop back on my stepper and get warmed up for Monday. I just got on it, only for 2 minutes though, but I noticed that when I first used it, 30 pounds ago, by the first 30 seconds I was tired; this time I did 2 minutes before I got tired. So big improvement there. I also did it in the afternoon it's 313pm here now, and I think the morning time will be best for exercise cause I have more energy then. Will try again tomorrow and I'm shooting for 5 minutes if not more.

Thanks JT for visiting me gym log back on Jan 4. Didn't know anyone was reading this. You to Pammie.

Well I'm really motivated. I know that starting this program will give my metabolism a boost and I'll lose faster.

Wish me luck,

Lily

Last edited by AFwife : Thu, Feb-19-04 at 09:19.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:48

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile

just take it slow and easy baby...dont try to overdo it...dont want to get hurt or burned out!!

doing great hunny!! keep it up!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:54
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Well I got some exercise in today when we went to the beach and did some walking. I wish we lived closer to the beach cause walking in sand is hard, and got me huffing and puffing. It felt great. It wasn't more than 10 minutes but hey, it was still exercise and in sand, that's not easy.

Well can't wait to start my program on Monday. WHOO HOO!

Lily....oh I delted the previous post on this, that's why it shows FEB 19 when it's actually the 21st. The pic I had on here wasn't showing anymore for some reason so I decided to just change what was in the post.

Last edited by AFwife : Sat, Feb-21-04 at 10:46.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 03:26
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Did my exercise this morning. I'm doing 2 programs; one is a 4 week the other a 12 week.

Today I started the 4 week which is broken down like this:

Week #1: Feb 23-29
Week #2: Mar 1-7
Week #3 Mar 8-14
Week #4 Mar 15-21

I train on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and rest the other days. But with 12 week Program starting tomorrow I fill in some gaps.

The exercises are simple and I have to do them 15 times each, by 10 though you can feel the burn.

Week 1: 15 Push ups.....15 Side Laterals.....15 Chins Between Chairs.....15 Can curls.....15 Dips Behind the Back......15 Home Squats......15 Calf Raises

Push ups are self explaintory, the Side laterals are when you raise your hand up to make a T and then lower them, 15 times, with cans. Chins between chairs is, you put a broom on top of 2 chairs and lay inbetween using the broom to do a sit up and touching your chin to the broom. Simple enough right. Then can curls are, hold a can in each hand, place palms up next to your hips and curl you arm up then back down. Dips are when you squat in front of a chair as if you are pulling yourself up to sit on it but you don't you keep going up and down, sort of like backward push ups mixed with squats. Squats, that's easy and calf raises are doing tip toes 15 times, you tip toe then go down, tip toe and down again. WOO HOO what fun. I feel great.

My 12 week program is only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. And all I do there is 15 Crunches, 15 Leg raises and 15 Seated twist.
So I still get a couple of days off between both programs which is nice.

I don't feel it's too much for me to handle. I just hope I can stay motivated and so far I am.

Till tomorrow then,

Lily
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 07:48
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Today was a rest day on my exercise program but I felt the need to do something; so I did my stepper.

This way I fill in those empty gaps during the week. I only did 3 minutes but I'll be on it again later today. I'm trying to build up how long I'm on it. I use to be able to do 10 minutes but since I stopped I lost that. So my goal is to do 10 minutes on that thing every day and hopefully hit 30 minutes on it by the summer time.

Baby steps but I'll get there.

Lily
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 08:39
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

OH goodness, I'm aching. But it's a good ache.

I did my training today and feel great. It was harder this time cause I added in today the 3 extra exercises from the 12 wk program.

So I did the 4 wk program (see earlier post on those exercises) plus 3 new one's from the 12 wk program which included, crunches, leg raises, which were hard, and seated twist.

DH and I got a LBW today too so that's a bonus.

Whew, I'm tired but I can't wait till Friday to do it again. Friday is only the 4 wk program though.

Meanwhile tomorrow on rest day, I'll do the stepper.

Feeling Great!

Lily

Last edited by AFwife : Wed, Feb-25-04 at 08:45.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 03:51
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Ok did both my 4 week program and 12 week today. I was suppose to do 12 week tomorrow but I don't want to have to exercise on the weekends cause I sleep in.

So far I've exercised every day this week. On rest days, Tuesday and Thursday I've been doing my Stepper. I am considering pulling out my Richard Simmoms tape though and dance my way to a slimmer me.

Well till Monday, on this gym log anyways,

Lily
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 10:46
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Ok well I got my exercise in, late but in.

Crazy day today but I've managed to pull through.

Stepper being done tomorrow.

I've noticed a tight feeling in my arms and legs since I started working out. It feels good. I can feel my body toning up.

Woo hoo!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 10:14
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Did 4 week and 12 week program today.
I feel great.
I can feel my body toning up and I love it.

LBW scheduled for tonight with DH. AH life is grand.

Hugs,

Lily
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:01
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Got on stepper to blow off some frustrations and before I now it I had been on 10 minutes. WOO HOO....I wasn't even tired but I did get off cause I had to get dinner started. Can't wait till tomorrow to try for another 10 minutes. I haven't been able to do more than 3 minutes so this is so great.

Lily
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 04:10
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Missed my exercises yesterday.

I over did it on Wednesday and I'm still in pain. Will get on stepper over weekend though and try to make up for the missed session.

Later,

Lily
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 11:27
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Breezed through first 10 minutes on my stepper, managed to get 2 minutes extra in for a total of 12 minutes. I feel great! Slowly pumping up those numbers to a 30 minute workout. Hope to be doing 30 minutes a day by end of month.

Wish me luck.

Lily
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 03:47
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Got my workout in early. Later on today I'll get in some extra time with the stepper.

Lily
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:46
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

I got 10 minutes in on the stepper. It wasn't 12 like the other day but I worked harder this time. I feel I got more of a workout in 10 min than last time in 12, cause I actually sweated this time. I really worked it hard.

Tired, but feel great.

Lily
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 03:57
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Got my exercise's in this morning. I used by exercise ball
to do my crunches. OH it's so much better than doing it on the floor. It's easy on your back and tough on the abdomin. I really felt it this time. It feels great.

Well till tomorrow's workout then,

Lily