Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-01, 17:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Chocolate cravings try Chocolate Mousse

Reading the forum the last couple of days it seems like there are a few folks having a chocolate craving.... This is my favourite treat...(after induction though Bobbie!!) I may have already posted this recipe, but I can't find it right now.

Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse

1 pkg. (40 gram) Instant Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding
1 pkg. soft tofu (silken) about 10 oz.
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup whipping cream

Using electric mixer beat, pudding, tofu and cocoa together until very smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until just about stiff. Turn the beater to lowest setting, and blend/fold in the pudding/tofu mixture...Do not overbeat or you'll get chocolate butter.

Carbs - 49.7

Sometimes I use Vanilla pudding and add 1 tsp. almond flavouring or just extra vanilla flavouring....another variation is add instant coffee (1/4 - 1/2 tsp. depending on how much you like mocha).....another try Strawberry pudding with almond flavouring, butterscotch....whatever is your favourite flavour.

Last edited by Sharon : Wed, Sep-12-01 at 16:17.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-01, 01:23
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 290/270/150
BF:
Progress:

This sounds tasty! I made something sort of like this the other day -- I made the sugar free chocolate pudding as per directions but I also added 2 tablespoons soy protein isolate powder before mixing. When I came back to it the next day it was very like chocolate mousse, so much so that I ate the entire 2 cups of pudding within one hour! Well, I guess it was better than eating 2 cups of sugar-sweetened pudding huh? (Though not much better -- I worked it out and the entire 2 cup mixture had 58g of carb! I think next time I'll try making it with watered-down cream instead of milk.)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 11:01
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 295/266/180
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question What's the Carb count on the mousse Sharon?

This recipe sounds perfect for a chocolate craving---------just wondering what the carb. count per serving was....Thanks in Advance!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 11:21

BF:
Progress:
Default count

Hi....I've just got a minute right now....check back later and I'll try and have the counts for you!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 16:19

BF:
Progress:
Default recipe carbs

Hi, I added the count of 49.7 carbs for the entire recipe. You may want to do your own carb count according to the ingredients you choice to use though. I do believe different flavours of sugar-free puddings have different carb counts.

The chocolate sugar free pudding has a total carb count of 31.20 carbs.

This is definitely not an induction food, but something for an occasional treat. I usually make 6 servings.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 15:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%

I mix a tablespoon of fromage frais or cream cheese , heaped teaspoon good cocoa, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar substitute, mix it all together. It satisfies my chocolate cravings when I get them.

zellie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 17:02

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi!
I thought the cocoa/cheese sounded interesting - so you end up with chocolate cream cheese - right?? Do you add cream to it too?

Thanks
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 17:25
Registered Member

Plan: Personalized/PP/Atkins
Stats: 174/138.5/132 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 85%
Lightbulb Christmas Chocolate Treat

You will love this.

I am not sure how many carbs this has.
Maybe someone here can do the math for us.
In mug with hight sides place;

1/2 cup cold whipping cream - really heavy cream at least 35% fat
Tablespoon of cocoa unsweetened
Drop of vanilla extract
Stevia or Equal to taste

Take braun hand mixer and spin like crazy until it thickens. Takes less then 1/2 a minute.
Use miniture spatula to get all of it out of the mixer head. Don't waste any of it.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 17:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%

It's like a soft chocolate, very thick, very creamy and being only a tablespoon of fromage frais, it's only a bite. I don't do this often since I no longer get sweet cravings much.
I just checked my tub of fromage frais:
1 tablespoon (0.5g carb. 18 cals, 1.2 protein)
cocoa (unsweetened):
1 teaspoon (1g carb, 32 cals, 2.3g protein)
the sweetener does not count.
I don't add any cream. Beat it up with a very small teaspoon, to mix, then eat. I usually use a liquer glass (or a clean glass votive candle holder). I have found the smaller the portions, the better I control my cravings.

I find it's a chocolate kick that curbs my craving. Quick to mix, and I just lick slowly.
Hope this helps you, "A thin me!".

zellie

Last edited by zellie : Thu, Dec-13-01 at 18:00.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 10:42

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up Chocoate Mousse

I tried the Chocolate Mousse last night. My, my, my! That was yummy. Definitely something for when you just have to have some chocolate. The carbs are a bit high. But for a treat once in a while, it was great. My problem is wanting more than one serving. Victoria
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 05:23

Plan: CALP
Stats: 210/210/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

I didnt even know they still made fromage frais.... I havent seen it in years. Can you tell me where you get it?
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 14:47

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Thumbs up Dark Chocolate Mousse

Here's a great Chocolate Mousse recipe which is very dark and rich - Carblife Chocolate is available in the UK, but you could use the Ross Dark Delight chocolate (would probably need 5-6 bars) if you're in the US or Canada.

Ingredients:
200g dark chocolate (4 bars of Carblife Dark chocolate)
3tbsp strong espresso coffee
25g butter
1.5 tbsp dark rum
3 large eggs

Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to establish a gentle simmer. Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl with the coffee and butter: you need a bowl that can be suspended over the saucepan of just-simmering water so that the ingredients can melt but not actually come into contact with the water.

Stir occasionally until all the ingredients are amalgamated. Remove the bowl from the pan, stir in the rum and then allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes. Separate the eggs - the yolks into a small bowl without breaking them, and the whites into the bowl of a mixer. While the chocolate mixture is still relatively hot, stir in the egg yolks one by one, mixing in well between each addition, the idea being that the yolks "cook" slightly.

Beat the egg whites until they form firm peaks. Take two tablespoons of the egg white and gently stir them into the chocolate to slacken the mixture. Then fold in the rest with a metal spoon until there are no streaks or pockets of egg white. Pour the chocolate mixture into little pots or ramekins - filling them almost to the brim. Alternatively, pour into a bowl and serve scoops into serving dishes.

Either way, cover individually with a sheet of cling-film and chill in the fridge for at least six hours or overnight.

About 5carbs for the whole recipe. Serves 4.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 22:34

Stats: 238/179/154
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Demi's dk choc mousse

I'd love to try this, but generally I dislike anything tasting remotely of coffee (I went off coffee when I was pregnant with mey elder son, who's now 27 - never bothered picking it up again, weird, eh?). Do you taste the coffee in this? could I leave it out? Use cocoa instead?
thanks!
Susan
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 22:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

YOu don't need to replace it with anything. Water would be fine.

Karen
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 17:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Is that right??????

5 carbs for the entire recipe???? Or is it per serving???

Ellie