Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 09:00
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%
Thumbs up A diff Flax Muffin

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/fla...on_muffins.html
"KIM'S FLAXMEAL CINNAMON MUFFINS
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci or Torani
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350º 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 85 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

These taste remarkably like bran muffins, but with a lighter texture. Mine had pointy peaks on them, so they look a little funny, but they taste fine. They sliced nicely even when still hot from the oven. They freeze quite well. I thawed one and reheated it very briefly in the microwave and it was perhaps a bit spongier, but still good. "

My experiments with it:

I made these as written out and they are great. You do get that odd flax meal feel in your mouth though. Tried it again doing half flax and half fine almond flour with 2 T vanilla whey and 3 packets of splenda and much better. These come out lighter then the ones on this site and not dry or hard like I was always getting from the others....

I wanna try with some cocoa and bakers choc added but want to wait until my sugar alcohols come so I can mix with the splenda...

I am a muffin breakfast girl all the way..
Sponsored Links