Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:14

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%
Unhappy Bad Week

I am barely standing on the wagon. On saturday i had atkins pancakes with strawberry jelly (lots of it). That started my cravings. In the past week i've had 4 boston cream doughnuts and 2 cream filled finger sponge cakes. I have to get myself together. Especially as i started losing again. I'm back on induction tomorrow. I have also gone up 2lbs to 191lbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:51

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

Restarting Induction sounds like a good idea, it will help curb those cravings and get you back on the right track. If the pancakes and jelly leave you with cravings avoid them altogether, even post-Induction. Certain people have trigger foods and it sounds as if these are a couple of yours. If you're keeping a journal, then you can spot which foods leave you with the cravings, and then avoid them like the plague. L-glutamine is an amino acid which is known to help curb cravings, you might want to consider adding it as well. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:56
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I seem to be following Amy Lynne around and agreeing with her everywhere.

And even Atkins pancakes aren't allowed during induction.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:01

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Arrow

Ageekott - first, what made you eat those pancakes? THAT answer is what you must try your best to avoid in future to be successful. Is it that you were hungry and there was no low-carb foods at home? Was it that you were out in a restaurant?

I had to stay away from places, and in some cases, people who could hinder my WOE.

YOU CAN DO IT - - just look at yourself - - really look at yourself and visualize what you want to be and just do it....no one can do it for you....it is you! We are here to support you cause we know it isn't easy but you must eliminate those carbs that set you off....

Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:21

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%
Unhappy Sigh!!

I got bored and just felt like having some pancakes. I have never had any problems with Atkins pancakes. I have learnt the hard way, in regards to regular jelly.....no more.

I have ended my sugar spree with 4 more cream filled finger sponge cakes. I have never had it so bad....strayed a few times. But not this bad and the worst thing was i didn't enjoy a single bite of the cream doughnuts or finger sponge cakes. The funny thing is i generally don't eat/like sweet things.

I'm no longer in ketosis.......completely negative.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:37
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

good luck once you get going again you won't feel so bad.

Gail
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:38
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Okay...

Relax and focus...today's a new day!!

You know that crap you've been bingeing on is some kind of "medicine" for another "ill" altogether, right?? We ALL have dealt with that...most of us still are! It's okay...just put that aside for another time and for now, focus on the fact that you want a healthier and thinner body...

Make LEGAL foods just as enjoyable! How about trying a LC cheesecake tonight? One hour from the bowl to the serving plate around here! (Unless you're patient and actually want to let it cool... )

Just know that those spongey things are the lowest form of edible crap on the planet...eating bugs would provide more benefit! So if you're feeling a bit like you need to indulge in something, try some ham and spinach dip, or make some fried cheese and pretend they're "chips"...

Be creative and enjoy all your options!!

#8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:50
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Are you getting close to TOM by any chance? I get WILD cravings a few days before, so if that's the case with you, be prepared next time with loads of LC legal treats and snacks all around you!!

Hey, don't feel bad!! I actually DREAMED about donuts last night. How weird is THAT?!

We've all fallen off the wagon hard at times.... you think you're alone?? Not hardly! Learn and move on. This is a way of life and old habits are not broken overnight. Be gentle with yourself. This is no big deal .... and those 2# will be gone in a few days. I promise!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:54
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Cravings

Use common sense this time. Stick to the plan and avoid totally anything that might trigger cravings. And just why does a craving have to mean you are going to give in and eat everything in sight? Good grief. I get cravings, psychological ones, all the time. I even get physical ones. But that doesn't mean I just throw up my arms and say, "Well, I have to eat a bunch of junk food."

It is you, and you alone, who brings your hand to your mouth with something in it. Don't blame it on cravings. I think, while you are doing a very strict Atkins Induction, you should also be thinking of how you are going to focus on your goal and not how soon you can have some junk that you probably shouldn't even think about again.

Come on. You know you want desperately to lose weight. There is only one way, and that's by doing it yourself.

Good Luck!