Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 13:25

Plan: Meat, leaves, & berries
Stats: 192/175/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Cool Just Janice's Running Log

Today I officially RESTARTED my 6 month dormant running program.

Two years ago I was training for marathon and got to the point where I was running upwards of 20km on my long run days. Soon after I was so sick and bored of running that I quit altogether, never ran the marathon. I've resumed (and quit) running twice since then, most recently last spring. That kind of fizzled over the summer. Anyway, today I got back at it! What was my motivation? Certainly not the weather; while beautifully sunny it was minus 15 degrees Celcius when I went out .... I don't know but I'm so glad I did it (although let's be clear, after more than 6 months off, there was some walking too).

Distance: 5km (walked about an 1/8 of it)

Time: can't find running watch ... 40min?

Conditions: -15 C, slightly windy (find longjohns!)

Notes: Went out on an empty stomach but for coffee (a necessity!), felt very good but for my frozen legs when the wind started up! Was REALLY pleasantly surprized at how much of the distance I was able to run! Held off on eating until 1 hour post run.

Planning to get out Mon, Wed, Fri, and once on the weekends. Hoping this will curb my urge for the occaisional smoke!

Janice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 11:43

BF:
Thumbs up Yippee!

As I was running this morning, I was reminded of the segment in the movie "What About Bob" when Bill Murray is tied to the mast of the sailboat exclaiming triumphantly, "I'm sailing! I'm a sailor! I sail!". And that's how I felt this morning, "I'm running! I'm a runner! I run!".

I didn't go quite as far today. I intended to but got distracted by a lady with her Golden Retriever puppy, had to stop and talk to her for five minutes mid-run. I got home and Gunnar (my 8 year old Golden Retriever) was sniffing all over me and is now in a sulk.

Distance: 4 km
Time: 30 min (got new running watch!)
Conditions: a balmy 5 below Celcius, light snow, no wind, the odd treacherous icy patch.

Quite pleased, however wish I'd gone further. Plan to manage my time better for Friday.

Janice
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 15:23

BF:
Cool Planning is a bummer.

4 year old stayed home from pre-school Fri. am so I didn't get to run that day, yesterday had a house fulla kids and no husband, finally broke down and hired a babysitter for an hour this morning!

Hoping to get out MWF this coming week as well as once on the weekend.

No idea how far I went today, but I was out and running for about 35min.

Janice
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 08:59

BF:
Thumbs down Bummer!

Running has been a total bust this week! It has been minus 20 and really blowing (my least favourite conditions) and the Olympic Oval (beautiful 400+ meter track) has not been open to the general public on the mornings I can run.

On the brighter side, it's March and this crappy weather can't last forever! Still motivated! Might try to get out tonight if the Oval's open, and tomorrow morning. Husband is leaving for Mississippi Sunday for another two weeks and that throws some challenges that I am determined to work around!

Janice