Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 03:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%
Default Strength Training NSV

About 2 years ago, I started doing this workout recommended by Dr Rangan Chattergee. I've kept it up all this time, maybe only taking a few days off here and there. I alternate it with other brief bodyweight exercises. I hate exercise, but I love that this is brief. Dr Ted Naiman and others also advocate brief quick-and-dirty workouts. This was a big a-ha moment for me. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it and get it over with, and I finally found something I don't mind doing.

On Monday, we had a massive blizzard with snowfall we haven't seen in decades - 55 cm, just shy of 2 feet in less than a day. I forgot to bring my phone to take a pic, but I dug out DH's car the next day. Because of the wind and drifting, it was up to the door handles, and was piled on the roof so high, I had to shovel it off. Forget the brush.

So while other people on my social media accounts were posting witty pics of their bottles of ibuprofen after shoveling, I had no pain and minimal soreness the next day. As a teenager, I was in a world of hurt for days after shoveling for mom and dad.

If you've never shoveled snow, lucky you. It is serious work. There are always stories of people having serious injuries or even heart attacks from shoveling.

Speaking of injuries, the other NSV here is that I was trying to get to the main street behind my house, walking through knee-high snow, and I fell. I had a hard time getting back up, because it was slippery and there was nothing to grab. But I did. Again, no serious issues the next day.

I actually think the soreness I have was from trying to catch myself from the fall, but it's barely noticeable.

So if you aren't already, start working out! It doesn't need to be tedious or costly. Just find something you don't hate, and stick to it. You probably already know lots of good reasons to do it, but there are also reasons that haven't happened to you yet.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Jan-20-22 at 03:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 05:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Many good reasons to get in shape and stay in shape. We were meant to keep moving in meaningful ways to live a full life, to the very end.

Im trying to get back in shape , but have been slacking. Thanks for the kick in the butt!!!

HIITs and strength training are my go-to workouts. Done in 20-25 minutes. And apparently the science is women have a shorter recovery than men, so a daily workout is ok for women.

I try the best I can but currently fake it until I make it, knowing the body will get stronger, just keep at it.

So I'll be back at it today!!