Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 04:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/dietdoctor
Stats: 182/175/159 Female 67
BF:no idea!
Progress: 30%
Arrow hi everyone i am new

hi guys

i am totally new and no idea what i am doing cos i cant find my way around this forum! i guess i will learn

i've been on atkins induction for 3 weeks and lost 9 pounds. i only have 14 pounds to lose now.

i just really need some support... i still have questions though i know the book NANYME really well. i read the older books too.

love, carol xx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 05:45

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board, Carol!

And congratulations on your excellent progress so far
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 11:30
Registered Member

thank you so much. i am working my way round reading bits n pieces, looks like a superb site xx
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 11:54

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Welcome, and congratulations on your success!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Welcome to the forum. You'll figure it out, and soon have your favorite threads. If you use the "new posts" link, you'll know which threads are active.

This place has been around a LONG time, and there are a lot of interesting threads that have quietly gone to sleep. So be sure to look at the date/time stamp on the most recent post!

If you want a place that is "yours" you can start a journal in the journals subforum. It's a nice way to keep track of yourself, your food, weight, and thoughts.

It's pretty cool how much you can learn here. Not just about low carb, but about yourself!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 13:02
Registered Member

oh great! i will try and get my head round it all...
you have all been so welcoming and kind xx
i want a ticker now! hehe
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 13:16

That's easy. See the name on mine? "Lilyslim.com"?

You can go there and make one. To paste it here do the following steps.

Choose "forums" for the format, and then "pseudo HTML" for the code.

Copy it.

Come back here, and look at the upper lefthand side of your screen, where you see "User CP" (stands for control panel). In the User CP, choose "change signature" and then paste the code you got at lilyslim into the proper spot.

VOILA! You'll have a ticker, and every time you lose, you can change it at lilyslim, and then put the new code in here.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 13:47
Registered Member

thank you xx
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 16:15

Can't wait to see your ticker.

It took me way too many trials and errors to figure out which code worked here. Thought I'd save you some frustration.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 16:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hello and Welcome Carol!

Huge Congrats on your losses so far and wishing you continued success on your journey!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 22:39
Registered Member

i totally believe in myself... i know i will achieve this.
i dont think the bars have stalled my weightloss. they do affect your tummy, move things on, wind etc, but i cant imagine not eating them. i think i am slightly addicted.
but i am doing a two week plan. without them. as an experiment.

you are all so dear and un judgmental on here.
thank you, from italy xx
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 22:41
Registered Member

going cold turkey from the bars i enjoy will be a killer!
i wont know what to do xx
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 03:01
Registered Member

Unhappy lost

hi friends

actually i am feeling so lost today with it all.
i am readying N.A.M.E again. and it's just not M.E (made easy) at all!
its really making what should be a easy a very complicated fussy procedure and i am really losing the plot.
(its also written in very flimsy print making it smudge. poor quality. i saw someone else writing about that on amazon, but they were right!)

i want a diet i understand and can stick to for life and also one that i can rely on. i don't want the scales to be a hit n miss thing. happy if i dropped a pound ruined the whole week if i put one on. i want a plan i perfectly understand and know what to do if i need to lose eight sustainably. i want a plan i can rely on.

i am very intuitive and i feel that if one is meant to be able to account for every fluctuation, and 'work it out' with ones journal then i have already failed.

i woke up the other day having finally come out of a stop and lost three pounds that should have come off singly but came off all in one. catching m up nicely. then today, i woke up having done everything right yesterday having put on 4. overnight.

i have done all the usual things 'have i done x y z etc' and i have done nothing differently. so i am upset cos though i know not an ounce of it, overnight, is fat... i know its all water etc... how the heck did it go on?

sausage, 2 eggs, 2 bars, caprese salad, large green salad, baked peppers and chicken in flax. perfect. that is what lost me 9 pounds in 3 weeks leaving me only 13 pounds to lose. at all!

i wanna cry. i really thought i had got it together with this diet.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 08:06

You did. But if you are trying to follow the diet that the Atkins website promotes, it's nearly guaranteed to make you fail. Because their products are TERRIBLE for you. First of all, they are full of artificial ingredients, and the heart and soul of low carb, high fat is real food.

Second, those artificial ingredients are there for ONE reason: to get you to want more of them. And, the legs of LCHF are walking to the real food when we are really hungry, not have an appetite, and walking away, when we are satiated, not full.

Foods that are addictive lead us to eat more of them than we should. Before I threw away a half box of Atkins bars, I had, more than once, eaten a half box in a day.

Many people recommend the meal plan in Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat. It's pretty simple, and will give good results.

But really, if you follow three rules, you can lose weight.

Keep total (not net) carbs below 30. Make them from vegetables. NEVER buy low fat anything. Always eat the delicious fat on your meats, and feel free to add it, as well (a pat of garlic butter on steak, for example)
Eat only when hungry, stop when not hungry.

Eating carbs, or pseudo carbs, like Atkins bars, makes us hungry all the time, and messes with our ability to make sound food choices. It also messes with our moods. You can see it in yourself, after deciding to try not eating those cursed bars!

My weight loss has slowed down to where it's losing races with snails. So I HAD to decide how to look at this WOE differently.

You will have to find your own, Carol. But this is what I did. I decided to eat in a way that I could be happy eating, whether I was trying to lose weight or not. And to pay attention to all the other things, besides weight loss, that this WOE has given me. Better clarity in thinking (I have a head injury). More reliable energy, so that I can keep working if I need to. Fewer aches and pains, both from the weight loss AND because carbs make for more pain (they cause inflammation) and fat literally eases them.

You've done really well so far. And talking about the issues that come up as we get used to eating in a way that's so radically different from what we're used to is the way to get support!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 08:12
Registered Member

that is a really lovely message. thank you.
you are just so kind and generous

i admit to eating 3 bars a day sometimes more and once 7. :-(

ps. i thought it was ok to eat them because it says so in the latest book NAME and linda the atkins nutritionist of the atkins forum said it was fine, 2 a day.

i have now stopped eating them. and dont know how i am going to manage.

Last edited by carol2016 : Sat, Jun-25-16 at 08:20.